MERGE CENTER doesn't work for the choices MANGED BY ME, MANAGED BY MY COLLABORATORS AND FOLLOWED BY ME !

Started by Fred Bergman on Sunday, March 2, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

Pam Karp I will look for that names in my managed profiles with too distant connection to me and with connection to you

Fred, thanks.

Those were the family names of particular interest.
I am happy to take on any other clusters of profiles that you wish to divest.

Mike Stangel I am primary manager of estimated 40,000 (originally between 70,000 and 80,000) isolated profiles (without parents, siblings, children) in the big tree. These profiles are gedcom uploaded on July 11, 2010 by Henk Aafjes and at the third gedcom upload finally Henk Aafjes succeeded to upload the original 30,000 profiles with relations to parents, children and siblings. Can you delete/remove all these isolated duplicates?

Fred Bergman I've started deleting these -- will let you know when it's done.

thanks in advance !

Fred! I am in search of anything connected to
Cox,
Cromer,
Keithley/Keathly,
Norris/Norries,
Volger,
Preisch/Preis/Breisch/Price/Preitsch,
Hoffmann
Correa
Tosas/Toses/Tosa/Tossa/Tossas
Puig
Scotti
Should you have any of these you would like to divest, I am also, eager, willing and appreciative!
xoxoxoRenée

Pertaining to merge center bugs n bloopers: it's not possible for me to merge duplicate profiles of married branches, in the case of "cousin" marriages and widowed wife/husband marries widowed brother- in- law/sister- in- law, at least not so that the profiles don't turn up the (2x) symbol in tree view. Likely, the system just gets as confused as I do sometimes... but it does seem a discrepancy in the works.

Oh!

and Sullenberger

Martha Sue Bowyer
I inherited all profiles managed by her I want to transfer these to the user who want manage these profiles.

I do have Burns, Carroll and Buchanan in one of these branches, who know´s maybe, I´ll find their match.
;-)
of course, that is... only if someone else, can´t off hand place them, immediately. <3

Manerva W. Carroll

Manerva W. Carroll (Brown) is your first cousin four times removed.
You → Linda Sue Cox your mother → Julius Elsworth Cox Sr. her father → Samuel Elsworth Cox, Sr. his father → Sarah Frances (Smart) Cox his mother → Minerva M. Smart (Head) her mother → Elizabeth A. Brown (Head) her sister → Manerva W. Carroll (Brown) her daughter

and

Edna Mae Helman

Edna Mae Helman (Burns) is your first cousin four times removed's wife.

You → Linda Sue Cox your mother → Gladys Mae Lockwood Tyler (Kelley) her mother → Vivian Lucille Kelley/Payne/alias- Smith (Cromer) her mother → Floyd Francis Cromer her father → William Harrison Cromer his father → Mary Alice Helman (Cromer) his sister → Earl Forest Helman her son → Edna Mae Helman (Burns) his wife

And

Martha E. Burns

Martha E. Burns (Covault) is your second cousin five times removed.

You → Linda Sue Cox your mother → Gladys Mae Lockwood Tyler (Kelley) her mother → Vivian Lucille Kelley/Payne/alias- Smith (Cromer) her mother → Floyd Francis Cromer her father → William Harrison Cromer his father → Harrison "Abe" Cromer his father → Sarah Jane Cromer (Covalt) his mother → Isaiah P. Covault her brother → Robert J. Covault his son → Martha E. Burns (Covault) his daughter

Fred,

Profielen die nauw verwant zijn aan de Waterreus familie wil ik wel overnemen.

Fred Bergman the script is done, it skipped about 2800 profiles either because they are claimed (13) or because there's a manager on there besides you and David Prins (I know David won't care about deleting these). I'll see if I can come up with a list of who those managers are.

Mike Stangel as usual I'm very happy with you ! My managed profiles are now reduced from 172,324 to 112,694, a reduction of 59,630 profiles and my followed profiles are now reduced from 131,820 to 97,919 profiles, a reduction of 33,901 profiles. Thank you very much, I think Private User also will be very happy.

Great! :-)

Theresa Renée Eléna Tossas-Cox

Profiles showing the (x2) symbol in tree view is not a problem.
It is not an indication of duplicate profiles it just means that in the current section of the tree which you are looking at those profiles have more than one node to fill.

In some views i can get my 8th great grandfather to have a x3 appear because two of his great grandchildren married and then a couple of generations later there was another marriage between cousins so one that one tree there are three ways to get from me to my 8th ggfather even though there is only one profile for him on Geni.

I'm sure here is a Help page that explains it better than i can.

Alex, your explanation was fully sufficient!!! ;-)
And I thank you, for your time and care!! xoxoxoRenée

Showing 31-46 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion