MERGE CENTER doesn't work for the choices MANGED BY ME, MANAGED BY MY COLLABORATORS AND FOLLOWED BY ME !

Started by Fred Bergman on Sunday, March 2, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 46 posts

Regarding REQUESTED MERGES

Followed by me is working for me, but the Managed by Me and Managed by my Collaborators lists 0. If others can confirm the bug, I'll create a bug report for it.

I have more than 100,000 followed profiles, more than 160,000 managed profiles and more than 1600 collaborators with milions of profiles, perhaps the merge center doesn't work for these quantities?

I *am* seeing entries in my "Requested Merges" tab (for most of the selection options, including Managed-by-Me) ... albeit I don't have quite so many relevant profiles in each category.

If it persists another 24 hours, then perhaps a bug report regarding performance, but I'm not seeing a functional problem from my account.

I do not remember a time when the merge center counts have been accurate. Must be a very low priority.

Seems to be working for me, Fred.

I usually work with the mergecenter to resolve treeconflicts and to complete merges, but now is that impossible. Many of my collaborators and others are requesting merges but if they did not send to me the URL of the request I should not know that and the merges were never done. Sometimes I see in the treeview a mergerequest of 2012 from a profile that I manage, but I never saw that in my mergecenter and I never completed for that reason the request.

I was working on a merge in the tree today

http://www.geni.com/family-tree/index/6000000003097886768

and they age from one of the Howards was incorrect. I tried to put it in the between x and x I alowed a 30 year differance and now it looks like they are all different in connections to me.... I like the merge so that i find new tree, however I am reluctant to even merge close family dups now. I lost the connection to a proven 4th GGF and had to go to every profile and click up to get him back... I have only benn off GENi a couple of months and lost many of the connections I had. Suggestions?

CSCT.....Can't Spell and Can't Type.
I missed a few words in the last post. I know I should proof, just did not..

her is onther one that I can't make work
John I, King of Jerusalem & Emperor of Constantinople
Jean de Brienne, King of Jerusalem is my 23rd great grandfather.

Son of Erard II, comte de Brienne; Count Evrard II de Brienne; Agnès de Montfaucon and Agnes de Nevers

the parent dates up the tree don't match

William Owen "Bill" Irwin,
There was a merge conflict where parents needed to be chosen. Once that was done, no other merge conflicts appeared that needed to be resolved.

one father was the II and the other was III who was the correct Father?

Private User you should please me if you open for this a bug report.

Hi William Owen "Bill" Irwin,
The discussion, 'ATTENTION Curators, please assist' http://www.geni.com/discussions/80793, would be a good one for you to bookmark and use for specific kinds of help. Please read the very first entry that was added all the way back in 2010 so you'll know what the discussion is about ;-)

will do Ann

Fred, I've placed a bug report.

Jeff, thank you!

Everything works ok for me

merge center is messed up and my tree is messed up as well.....need curators help to fix it thank you.....i can see the mistakes .....BJSPetrice

The filter <Requested Merges> still doesn't work for me for the choices <Followed by Me>, <Managed by Me> and <Managed by My Collaborators>

Fred Bergman I've made a note of it but I cannot commit to when we'll get it fixed. Most likely this is a performance problem related to the large numbers of profiles that you and your collaborators manage.

Mike Stangel The problem is indeed the number of managed and followed profiles by me (inherited of abandoning managers and waiting for direct familymembers to transfer management). As a basic user I cannot manage or follow so many profiles and I should be happy to get rid of the majority of the profiles followed and managed by me. Is there any quick method to unfollow and/or to transfer management?

Fred Bergman we're happy to provide technical support on that. If you can identify which profiles you'd like to divest ("all the ancestors/descenants of X" or "all profiles in the max family range of Y" or "all profiles added by Z") along with whom you'd like them transferred to, we can do this for you.

Mike Stangel thanks in advance, I will prepare clusters!

Fred: Consider also asking about a group such as "Unfollow all profiles outside my family group that I don't co-manage" -- just as another suggestion <grin>.

That is easy, then I have two askings:
unfollow all profiles outside my expanded familygroup and outside my ancestors

Fred Bergman what do you mean by expanded family group? Family group at its max setting? (that would be 4th cousins and closer, etc)

Fred Bergman

Fred, I would be happy to manage some clusters of the Dutch profiles, many of them are related to me in any case.

Mike Stangel ..... if that is okay with you.

Mike Stangel yes I mean that.

Fred Bergman

Perhaps you could list the groups you would like someone else to manage. I have no idea which clusters are in your tree.

The few that are of interest and which connect with my tree are:

Hartogs
De Jong
Swaab
Blitz
Blocker
van Zwieten
van Crewel
van Krewel

Showing 1-30 of 46 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion