Kirstine Andersdatter Krag (Mowat) - Kirstine Andersdatters foreldre

Started by Svein-Magnus Bergan Sørensen on Monday, November 18, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

If the coat of arms or the rose, or whatever, is similar to some of these other profiles, like the mowatts, then maybe there is some connection or relation to them. Whether she was a mowatt or not is up for debate. I did find this link on the profile of Elisabeth Pedersdatter Krag that has Kirstine and Anders in it. http://www.rykaer.dk/familien20Rykaer.web/per06702.htm#0
I apologize if there are those who cant read this cause it is in English, but I'm an American of Norwegian descent (along with about 3 other nationalities, which is on my profile). Now I know that Wikipedia is not really that reliable of a source (there is references on the bottom of the page), but I did find an interesting article relating to Anders (Andrew) Mowatt. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anders_Mowatt_of_Hugoland One of the references mention geni. It's good that we are researching stuff like this so that we can have a reliable genealogy website.

Well Bryn Morgan, the point is that Kristines coat of arms have absolutely nothing in common with the Mowat coats at all, other than perhaps the white background, so that's a strong indication that such a link is wrong. Also due to timing issues she couldn't possibly be Andrews daughter anyhow, which is why we need to figure out what was really going on.

Btw. your first link doesn't work.

http://www.rykaer.dk/familien%20Rykaer.web/per06702.htm#0 this was the first link that didn't work. Missed a symbol in the link. The coat of arms should be able to give us a hint or clue at who her family was.

I will add the coat of armes to Maren Jørgendaugther Staur to her anchestors and I believe that the Sinclair (Rose) you will find in Karen Scanckes parents I have found one place named the mother to Karen as Barbara Sinclair from Scotland and that point the roses correct to the clan Bisset/Sinclair .

Hello Cecilie, well I think the "likpreken" could be right, but as Karen used a coat of arms that is not a Schancke, but with roses and the fact that it was probably her fathers mother who was a Schancke makes me question if there are any primary sources where they use Schancke, its possible because it has happen in some other parts of the generations.. I have not seen anywhere that Karen should have been a daughter of a Barbara Sinclair? Karen could according to the genealogy be a 2-great-granddaughter of Ulfhild Brynjulfsdatter Roos af Hjelmsäter but I don't think that explains anything. There is a Barbara Sinclair who was the mother of Andrew Mowatt, but there has to be something I don't understand: How could Barbara be mother of Karen, and where can I read about the connections between Sinclair, Bisset and this Rose family?

First the Rose link I mentioned: http://www.houseofnames.com/rose-family-crest

I will add Maren Jøgendaugtehers coat of arms at her Anchestor after the plance imade in 1685 whitch was copied in 1762! sources for that I gave you in my mail previous site at the end. Maren is a desendant of Anders Mowat and Karen Schanke. as well as Sinclair. So with the coat of arms palced at correct person you might find the solution. But for time being you may be patient to me. I have a serious seek mother and sheeps lambing season!

That alright Cecilie, well I have looked at the rose family crest in houseofnames, but there is not a rose in the shield?
It would be great to tagg the different ancestors in the heraldic chart of 1685 ;)

Just be aware: Most coat of arms on that and similar sites are fake and usually made by them self just to sell products. They are easily identified by the details and the name label above and below.

We did a test once, - Brox has no coat of arm, and a first search on that site did not get any results. Over a period I and some others continued to enter Brox in their search field, and after a while they finally returned a result which is absolutely fake. They are obviously producing coat of arms based on how popular a name is when entered in their search engine. Others are "borrowed" from others.

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion