John Wilson of Virginia - Was Roger Wilson married to a sister of Samuel Fuller, not a daughter?

Started by Private User on Saturday, November 9, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
11/9/2013 at 9:39 PM

Hello - appreciate the work you've put into this line and your kindness in sharing it. I descend from Hannah Wilson and Charles Clay so was looking into the Wilson line and found some information to contribute.

Here: http://www.pilgrimhallmuseum.org/bio_will_inventory_doc.htm, if you click on: Alice Carpenter Southworth Bradford, 17th century documents, you can download a PDF that includes this entry:

"Fuller, Samuel of London, widr. of Els Glaescoock (Alice Glasscock) acc. by Alexander Carpenter, William Hoyt (William White) his brother-in-law, Rogier Wiltsum and Eduart Saetwood (Edward Southworth) his acq. betr. 15 March 1613, mar. 24 April 1612 to Agnys Carpenter of Wrenten in England, acc. by Agnyr Weijt (Ann White) and Els Carpenter (Alice Carpenter) her sister. ..."

Elsewhere the document's editors address various spellings of Wilson/Wiltsum. If accurate, this seems to suggest that Roger Wilson married a SISTER of Samuel Fuller, not Fuller's daughter.

I'm also curious about the connection between Roger Wilson and John Wilson of Henrico, Virginia. Has there been research into how the son of a Separatist came to be born in Anglican Virginia? Is Roger's and John's relationship firmly established?

Looking forward to your reply and learning more.

Thanks,

Ned Boyajian

11/9/2013 at 10:21 PM

Thank you, I believe that was an error.

The overview for Deacon Roger Wilson notes that his youngest son was John Wilson who possibly died in Woburn MA.

11/9/2013 at 10:24 PM

Anyone care to assist with the Margery Wilson question raised?

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion