10/28/2013 at 9:29 AM

Hello relatives

Private User
10/28/2013 at 10:06 AM

@http://www.geni.com/people/Noah-is my 77 grt grandfather Judy Rice

Private User
10/28/2013 at 11:31 AM

Hello Judy.
We share a lot of DNA. Is there a way to find out where we branch off?

King Andrew O'Crowley
11/2/2013 at 6:44 PM

Regarding the family "Crowley" and "O'Crowley", and other derivative surnames since 1255AD in Kerry, & Sligo and Kinshallow ,Munster, Ireland? Many of these descendants since those times were farm workers of the Kings MacDermot of Moylurg. They were serfs and field workers who took the name of their Masters similar to the African slaves of America. Just because someone bears the surname of Crowley does not mean that they are related to the Royal House of MacDermot of Moylurg ! We are the Princes of Coolivan of Moylurg in County Kerry, and in Scotland as the Princes of Argyll of the MacDermid 600AD as the "Royal MacDiamada" who's lineage descends from NOAH in 3 separate lineages: !.) from Magog ,and 2.) From Abraham to Moses,And 3.) From King David in Israel thru King Solomon in 600BC. This is our "O'Crowley Royal lineage. But that others who bear this name may well not even know that their ancestors adopted our Surname in 1255AD ? This is the dilemma that many face in that only a DNA test would determine for them to show that they descend or not from NOAH? We impart this to all who carry the surname of "Crowley" Best regards from Prince Andrew O'Crowley in Australia.

11/5/2013 at 12:12 PM

Why are all the other relatives here posting connected,
but, i show no connection to your profile of O;Crowley ?
- why don;t you just choose to utiize the accepted
- curated lineages
already here in place, for that purpose ?

- many of us, who are here on geni.com
are authentic and real granddaughters or grandsons
NOT cousins or newphews to boudicca & prastagelus
but real granddaughters & grandsons
-that is real mat. and pat. bloodline connections.
i know i go back to all the high kings, of ireland, scotland,
right back to egypt - i run thru king david, abraham, zeus, etc.,
i go thru the high kings of macedonia,
and, the high kings of persia
- which are both known as the marriage bridges
which actually go back to isis and seth, etc.,
my lineages run thru lake aka del acq and despoysni, etc.etc., thru france - wales-hungry, turkey, russia, etc.,
some of my lineages go to Lake aka Del Acq
Chief Neal Huntley, Catawba Tribe - Sioux
Lord of Ruthven, Direlton Caste
Owen Desposyni, Archdruid & Prince Bard is 41st great grandfather
Amlawdd D Acqs, Queen of Avalon is your 41st great grandmother
King David / דוד המלך is your 91st great grandfather
The Warrior Queen Boudicca is my 45th great grandmother
The Lineage of Lord Youxiong is my 133rd great grandfather
周文王 King Wen of Zhou 昌 Chang is my 95th great grandfather
Rosslyn - Roslin - William Sinclair of Roslin, 1st Lord of Roslin is your 28th great grandfather.
Sir William "Braveheart" Wallace, Kt. is my 21st great grandfather.
Wydo Baliol is your 32nd great grandfather.
Gerhard von Wassenberg, Graaf van Gelre is your 26th GGF
De Vere Family
Montgomery Family
Berenger, an East Frank is your 37th great grandfather.
Hunroch Margrave of Friuli is your 36th great grandfather.
Amadeus d'Oscheret, Count of Burgundy is your 35th great grandfather.
Anscar of Ivrea, Count of Oscheret in Burgundy
is your 34th great grandfather
Adelbert I di Ivrea is your 33rd great grandfather
Berengar II, King of Italy is your 32nd great grandfather
Adalbert II, King of Italy is your 31st great grandfather
Johannes Kepler is your first cousin 20 times removed
Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis is your 19th cousin.
Barack H. Obama, 44th President of the USA
is your 13th cousin twice removed.
Queen Elizabeth is your 13th cousin
Elvis Presley is your 15th cousin twice removed.
Bette Davis aka Ruth Elizabeth (Bette) Davis
is your 17th cousin twice removed.
Greta Garbo is your 23rd cousin thrice removed.
Dame Elizabeth Taylor aka Dame Elizabeth Rosamond Taylor
is your 13th cousin.
Norma Jean Baker (Mortenson) aka Marilyn Monroe
is your 19th cousin twice removed.
René Descartes, Philosopher is your first cousin 15 times removed
my lineage also runs thru Stewart, plantagenet, longshanks, elanor of acq
so - the big question is, why does your tree NOT attach to any of the existing ones ?
i think when it gets right down to it,
there are a lot of us, who have ''royal house bloodlines"
mine go thru 4 root races +
and, are attached at the mat. and pat. levels
-Wasn/t the crown surrendered or given up
about 13 generations ago ?
(hmmm...look at my genie; and; what happened 13 generations ago,
yikes, The Queen, is my 13th cousin, imagine that !!!)
Maybe, a good spot to start some research?
~anyway - just curious,
it shouldn't be necessary for you to recreate the wheel
you should just simply be able to type in your ancestors
and, find where it links up
~having these royal house bloodlines
is actually rather çommon-place in this world
Noah, is also one of my great grandfathers too

11/23/2013 at 1:45 PM

@ Noah . . . my 78th great grandfather.

Private User
11/23/2013 at 7:00 PM

Noah / נח / نوح . is your 66th great grandfather.

11/24/2013 at 1:56 AM

Noah / נח / نوح . . . my 78th great grandfather.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 2:24 AM

Noah / נח / نوح . is my 77th great grandfather.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 10:27 AM

How in the heck does Noah show as my 66th grandfather when I am only 36 years old and I see others older than me in this post that's showing Noah as their 77th and 78th grandfather? Something don't seem right here! Does it?

11/24/2013 at 12:29 PM

it is recording generations. If everyone one in Family Line A had children by the time they were 15 and Family Line B only ever had children after they turned 30, by the time Family Line B was having their second generation Family Line A would already have three generations. By the time B is in its 4th generation, A is at it's 6th generation.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 7:18 PM

Marie-Louise Lariviere
Thank you, So this could be right. This is kind of what I was thinking. So over all the years between me and Noah, there has been less generations in this time period over all the years.

11/24/2013 at 7:38 PM

Private User: "So this could be right". Your line back to biblical Noah? No chance at all. And if you claim so, it is you that is supposed to prove every connection from you to Noah. Are you able to? If not, please sever your connection where it is not provable anymore. That is how scientific genealogy works. When not able to prove a link anymore, the line stops there.

11/24/2013 at 8:00 PM

Private User
Yeah, it can be confusing! I've been connected to some people who were born much earlier then others but had less generations between us than other lines.

11/24/2013 at 8:06 PM

Remi Trygve Pedersen

You can say this about any genealogical line. I've heard that 1/10 children don't know who there father actually is (not in a single mother sense but a woman having an affair sense) so even me saying that my father is my father has a 10% chance of being incorrect.

Any old line has the same issue, geni says that Cleopatra is my 63rd great-grandmother but I don't have census or birth records to prove this. Unfortunately there are a lot of times where we don't have primary sources.

However, the majority of the human population believes that the bible/torah/Quraan, /is/ a primary source and is historically accurate. If you have a problem with this philosophy, you can simply choose not to list it in your tree.

11/24/2013 at 8:08 PM

John Smith no I'm not an owner of this website, if I were, there would have been made major changes already, to make the site more genealogical correct... :-)

We are everyone, you, me, Ian and everyone else responsible for for the lines we are Connected to. I expect that if you find something suspicious in line from you to someone, that you check the line and if you find something that was not proven, you would sever the line after m,aking a discussion about it. That is exactly what I asked for. Everyone of us should check Our lines, at least Our Direct lines back in times. I'm quite sure that neither one of us are able to prove a relationship back to Noah, therefore we should sever the lines where it is not provable anymore.

Remember, genealogy is a science and we should abide by empirical evidence. If the result then was to delete a large percentage of the Connections on Geni, that would be ok, it would also make out tree more correct. But if you fancy a fictional tree, I could allways add: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/300544975103099849/

11/24/2013 at 8:16 PM

Marie-Louise Lariviere genealogy is not about what we believe, but what we can prove, since genealogy is a science. The Bible, Torah, Quraan, Nordic, Greek, Persian, Egyptian and other Sagas are not reliable source genealogically, and therefor not trustworthy in their genealogies. But most of us will have big problems even proving our family links many centuries before these fairytales, so it really shouldn't be any problem.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 8:16 PM

Marie-Louise Lariviere
The generations being so different is what I am talking about being right.
Remi Trygve Pedersen
Like I have told you before, Noah should feel privileged to call me his 66th great grandson. I'm not concerned with finding documentation or proof to Noah, "Unless his last name is Winton"! :)

Private User
11/24/2013 at 8:25 PM

Also, Remi Trygve Pedersen You are wrong about severing lines just because you can't prove them yet! Long lines such as from me to Noah are a good starting point in tracing your genealogy that can be proven by tracing your ancestors and following who is in between the relationship paths. THIS IS SCIENCE!!! Its called the process of elimination. :)

Private User
11/24/2013 at 8:42 PM

Also Remi, I have a Degree in the Applied Science, and the word science simply means to learn from studying. So it seems you don't know as much about "Science" as you are preaching.

11/24/2013 at 8:50 PM

Ok, I'm sorry. I only tried to let you know how genelaogists think, specially about nonprovable links. If you don't like what I'm saying, or don't like how us genealogists with several decades, of experience, do things, that is your choise.

We stop our genealogy where the links aren't provable anymore. Anything beyond that is hearsay. And if anyone claim a relationship without good sourcing, I will ask for what the sources are, if my some Family I work on is a part of it, and if the sources are doubtful, the relationship shouldn't exist. That is how genealogy work, in my opinion.

Private User, you are wrong connecting lines if you can't prove them. Science is searcing the sources, not following a possible line from you or me to Noah.

Process of elimination isn't a good approach in genealogy. In genealogy you should work from what you know to be a fact, and from there try to find further facts and relationships. That is science.

11/24/2013 at 8:54 PM

Private User not that I want to go into the debate of who has the best education, but among other things, I have infact an education at collegelevel in genealogy as the science it is. Whatever the american equivalent is, if there at all is one, I don't know. The Norwegian and US School system is to different to make a comparison.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 8:59 PM

I understand what you are saying. However the line that I found to Noah comes from a proven line from my family of Master Profiles that are thought to be correct. I was not aware that somewhere through my proven line that there is somehow connected branches to Noah. I just seen this discussion and clicked on it because I am familiar with Noah and grew up in church. But I have learned something and simply asked a question so that anyone else that was curious about the same situation could learn from this experience. I am always willing to listen to others opinions and learn from experience. Believe me I did not connect this line to Noah I have generations of other ancestors that I am more interested in finding. But when the world is building this tree, you can't always help how you become connected.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 9:08 PM

I was just asking so this could be right? Concerning the Math involved because I am nearly 40 years old and I see people here my fathers and grandfathers age which is only 2 generations, and the numbers look to be 66th grandfather and 78th? That's a difference of 12 generations and is quite a large gap.

11/24/2013 at 9:13 PM

"But when the world is building this tree, you can't always help how you become connected."

You may be "only" 36 years old, Ian, but you are already deep in life wisdom. You can come onto my Ark anytime. :):)

The Biblical tree (which you and I connect to somehow) is roughly 100 generations from Noah to now.

I may have that figure wrong - I leave it to the Biblical experts.

And that's the point of a collaborative world tree of everyone. We can "trust" the Biblical experts to make the tree corrections needed, just like they can leave the Wintons & Setons to your developing expertise, which by the way, is a great pleasure in my Geni life.

Cheers

Private User
11/24/2013 at 9:22 PM

Erica, I'm not to wise or I could pronounce the rest of the names in the relationship path! ;) The last one in the language I speak is this profile!

Constance, Countess of Gloucester

11/24/2013 at 9:29 PM

Ian, it is correct that you didn't make the tree back to Noah, but somewhere along the line there is a Connection that may not be correct. The biblical tree by itself is probably as correct as the information in the testaments are. Our problem thoug, is probably way earlier. Most of us have problems getting through the period 1350 (The Black Death) and back to earlier times that connects to the biblical tree. And that is where we all need to check our connections. For all the rest of the managers know, you may have good information wether a link is correct or not. But if you don't check the lines back, you will never know wether it is correct or not.

You were just asking about if this was correct.! And my answer is really easy. It is NO. Noone can trace their lineage back to Noah or any other biblical figure, included Jesus, with enough proof to make it a solid genealogical line.

Genis problem is that some people like to have a connecteion to their faith, and that is hard to argue against with facts, allthouth this is a genelogical website.

Ian, do as good job as you can, ask if you are in doubt. You will get good help in the discussions. Don't be disappointed if something is proven wrong. That only makes your tree better.

Private User
11/24/2013 at 9:34 PM

W and Remi , None of us are uneducated. Some are more educated then others but that doesn't mean that they are superior to those us who maybe only have a high school education., or maybe they don't even have that. Hard knocks of life is an education in itself. Also so people are self taught and far more intelligent then some of our higher educated people. Book learning isn't all it's knocked up to be. Common sense counts for something. I agree W that often people on geni tend to talk down to the rest of us. It's rude and unkind., which is why half the time I can't be bothered reading what most people on here say. It's like an endless circle, sometimes. There are many well educated people on her but they for the most part ,at least in my humble opinion are very ignorant at time. Judy

11/24/2013 at 9:36 PM

Remi - you know what would help?

When we report a connection, and it seems wrong or unlikely, the "area experts" who curate there go ahead and fix it.

It is unrealistic & unfair to ask all of us to cover 6,000 (or more!) years of genealogy.

I may have been named for my 26th great grandmother Isabella of Castile, Duchess consort of York

But i do not know history at that time, and it would do a true disservice to all of us decendants for me to try and ascertain this family.

Now if you want to know about Pilgrims to New England, I'm your gal, because what I don't know I have an idea how to find out.

So - can you Jump in and help out when you see something wrong?

My thanks in advance for the work.

11/24/2013 at 9:38 PM

And one of the people I would "go to" for 1st arrivers to New England - and various Plantangenets also - is Judy Loubris.

She knows her stuff.

Showing 1-30 of 61 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion