Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson - 31st Great Grandfather

Started by Private User on Monday, October 28, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 721-750 of 792 posts

Actually what the reseachers is more enclined to believe is that it meens " the one that runs here and there"
Because he was in many places. That is what they get when they look at the translation and the meaning of words in Old Norse

Alex Moes https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herrau%C3%B0r made for interesting reading. The "son of Odin" thing appears in one of the sagas referenced, but seems to be in the wrong generation compared to what's on Hringer, King of Östergötland - Gautrek should be Ring's father, not Odin directly.

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is your 36th great grandfather. Ragnar family tree now seems to go in this far! "Cleitor is your 100th great grandfather."

"Bósi and Herrauðr's saga tells that Herrauðr was the son of king Ring of Östergötland ... Herrauðr's grandfather was Gauti, a son of Odin."

Odin, {Norse God} already has a son named Gautr who has a son named Hringr who has a son named Herrauðr... so a bit more merging to do. Tomorrow.

I also found a nice(r) duplicate for Gauti, King of Götaland.

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is my 33rd Great Grandfather.
His brother Rollo is my 34th Great Grandfather

Grinnell MacLeod Wood, II, I sorry to say that your claim of Ragnar being your 33rd GGF is impossible to prove, and therefore he can't be your 33rd GGF.

And Ragnar has never had any brother called Rollo. It would be nice if we refrained from using familyrelationships that is made up of our imagination or made up by tv series writers. Such statesments will only make some users think that the relationship is true.

Grinnell MacLeod Wood, II
Rollo and Ragnar are _N_O_T_ brothers. Please don't confuse television shows with reality.
While the ancestry of both me is uncertain about the most certain thing you can say regarding them is that they were NOT brothers.

Geni.com has Ragnar as my 33rd Great Grandfather and Rollo as my 28th Great Grandfather.
So this proves that they are not brothers.
All i have is geni.com to go by as far as a relationship between Ragnar and i and Rollo and i.
Also Ragnar is a fictional king according to geni.com.

What say you all?

Grinnell MacLeod Wood, II, if you have a spare 5 minutes go to page 1 of this discussion and start reading, you will learn a lot more about Ragnar and various peoples opinions of him :)

Just for interest sake - two brothers can both be your grandfathers. My gggf, Henning Viljoen, married Marguerite,the widow of Chris Snijman. Henning and Marguerite is my gf's paternal ggrand parents. Marguerites daughter from her first marriage married Hennings brother Johannes Viljoen. They are my gf's maternal ggrand parents. This makes the two brothers and their wifes, both my grand parents and uncles and aunts !
According to Genì, Odin is also my ggggf. So is Atilla the Hun and King David. One should probably take this with a bit of salt.
Greetings from South Africa
Robert Sydney Blake

On the saga-based tree, Ragnar is estimated to have lived around 740-840.
Rollo is estimated to 860-931 (death date is pretty certain).

For the saga-based currently listed relationship between them, use the pushpin tool, which gives you:

https://stage.geni.com/path/Ragnar-Lodbrok-Sigurdsson+is+related+to...

"Gange-Hrólfr 'Rollo' is Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson's fourth cousin twice removed"

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is my 37th great grandfather.

Hei , Jeg ser at mangeprøver seg med og finne aner til Hårfager . Det som jeg har sett av noe fra Statsarkivets brukere , Der kjører de Smør slekten inn til Kong Gille . Er det noen som kjenner til dette ? Kong Gille var jo født 1106 ? Da ligger jo den noen kilder på dette mot Smør slekten . Noen forskere mener at det er rett linje fra Smør slekten til Gille og olav kyrre

Claus Rumohr Reutz
→ Adam Hansen Reutz
→ Kristine Eriksdatter Reutz
→ Birgitte Andersdotter Klingenberg
→ Anders Christenssøn Heiberg, af Rønnei
→ Christen Andersson Heiberg, af Rønnei
→ Maren Trudesdatter
→ Tord Trondson Benkestok
→ Trond Torleivsson Benkestok
→ Torleiv Trondsson Benkestok
→ Trond 2 Tordssøn Benkestok, til Talgø
→ Ulvilde Jonsdatter Smør
→ Jon Halvardsen Smør, Hr
→ Halvard Jonsson Smør
→ Jon Ragnvaldsson Smør, III
→ Ragnvald Jonson Urka
→ Jon Ragnvaldsson Urka
→ Ragnvald Jonsson Blindheim
→ prinsesse Margrethe Haraldsdatter Gille,
his father King Harald Gille Magnusson, IV
Mann 1103 - 1136 (33 år)

His father King Magnus Berrføtt Olavson, III
Mann 1073 - 1103 (30 år)

His father and mother. King Olav Kyrre Haraldson, III
and prinsesse Tora Torbergsdatter

His father .King Harald Hardråde Sigurdsson, III
Mann 1015 - 1066 (51 år) Død 25 Sep 1066 Stamford Bridge, East Riding, Yorkshire, England . The King of Norway . kild of battle of
Stamford Bridge . Statsarkivet brukere bruker mye denne linjen til Norske kongs-ætter . Jeg har selv forsket mye på dette og skal ikke mot si denne linjen med de kilder som ligger ute nå

Jan Harald Fosse kanskje greit å starte en diskusjon på den relevante Smør-profilen?

Denne Lodbrok-diskusjonen er ikke det stedet folk leter etter Smør-informasjon.

Du har rett Harald Tveit Alvestrand . Feil side dette ja :)

To know every person whos related to Ragnar Lobrok is not Relevant. Its only words

Season 4 relaunches 30 November, for entertainment purposes only :)

You got that right!

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is my grandson Joshua's 33rd great grandfather.

...my 31st great grandfather...

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is my 30th great grandfather. this is pretty sweet!!!!!!!!!

Hi just learned Ragnar and Lagartha are my 31 gray grandparent an Bjorn is my 30th!

Patricia Papillo please prove your claim of Ragnar being your 31st great grandparents. If you are not able to prove your claim, then he is not your ancestor.

The same applies to Private User and Donna Jean Thorson who also need to prove their claim of Ragnar being your ancestor.

Remi, we need to find a different way of approaching people who find this line on Geni.

If a user can come to Geni and find a fake line like this, it's the curators' fault. Not Geni's. Not the user's. The curators. All the curators.

We curators need to amp up the pressure on the curators who maintain and defend these fake lines.

But, Donna, you published it without checking the truthfullness. You should know that there are plenty of untrustworthy links on Geni. We should never publish links to someone without being pretty sure that the links are correct and it is me, as a publisher, that are responsible for the information I publish. And, Donna, Ragnar is probably not your ancestor, since he is just a saga figure compiled of up to five different Ragnars that lived sometime between 600 and 1000.

Maybe the curators should try to get Geni.com to stop sending out such relationship messages to profiles that are that old. Most of the lines back to persons living at this time is not provable, so Geni.com is mostly deceiving users when they are sending out messages with such relationship paths. What do think about that, Justin?

Remi, I agree that curators need to do a better job of communicating with Geni about some of the perils in the tree. However, I also think we need to do a better job collectively of getting those problems fixed. A two-pronged approach.

That´s a good point, Justin. I could personally live without Adam & Eve, God, Oden, Harry Potter & Donald Duck in the Tree (even Donald Trump, but ok, let him stay ;) ) & then collect all efforts & knowledge to approach the truth about historical individs as close as possible...

Shuld be wery carful Dont add eny profile without sausers.About Donald Trump I can easely live without this unpleasent man.

Showing 721-750 of 792 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion