Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson - 31st Great Grandfather

Started by Private User on Monday, October 28, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing 541-570 of 792 posts

ragnar is my 34th great grandfather

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is my 32nd great grandfather.

multiple merges stacked on ragnar waiting for appoval, also aslaug,Bjorn and Ivar

I found only one merge stacked when I got that far (but a number of data conflicts). Merge done.

I've also created a placeholder profile for children of Ragnar such as Ålof, where the source names Ragnar as the father, but no mother is named. That should allow us to avoid entering bad data because we don't know what the truth is.

Thanks Harald, and others, I don't have permission to resolve the data conflicts so they'll have to stay for now.

Ragnar (14) Aslaug (6), Bjorn (5) and Ivar (2) are all stacked for merging.

This should be it for a while, please resolve Data Conflicts as well.

I'm not sure which is stranger, people who make multiple trees exactly the same or people who make multiple slightly different trees, or the one user who made an exact copy of the MP tree [photos, mistakes and all]?

@Alex Moes [Moeskoecker] i think that with regards those who duplicate trees and profiles have most likely come from Ancestry,MyHeritage,etc sites which has that situation in operation.I think however a reason for MyHeritage owning our Geni site is because they want to use us and WikiTree etc as a controller for the mega merges of all their profiles they inherited from previous corporate takeovers leading to the mess that its unconnected profiles/trees has become.

Completing mergers .... Ivar the Boneless is going to need some cleanup; he seems to gather a lot of new children.

Thanks Harald i'll make a start on it in the morning

I have merged a few exstra Ragnar profiles the other day, but they continue to show up. Its amasing how many copies that is made of that man.

He's a proud member of the http://www.geni.com/projects/Mega-Merge/10927 project! (#143 at last update)

Harald Tveit Alvestrand
Following all the merges could u disconnect Bernard "le Danois" de Pont-Audemer de Harcourt, vicomte de Rouen from his "parents".

I have no idea where he belongs but given the time period i don't think anyone else does either.

I am not sure what to do with Unknown Profile, his About suggests he is a son of Ingvar Ragnarsson, without making any clarification that this Ingvar is Ivar the Boneless.

Hopefully one of you experts knows :)

Ok that can definately not be correct. I am pretty sure I have disconnected one that looked simular. That was just not an MP..

It's not the only Dane that's been grafted on in this area - I think one of the non-MP children of Ragnar is similar, just waiting for me to get back to merging him with the other copy.

I've cut Bernard's parents.

would u believe in cleaning a different branch i found a duplicate for Unknown Profile, not only that, he is an MP too! Gorm / Gommer, LOVE the profile pic!

If one of you can merge the MPs i'll then do the rest of the family

I merged the two, and unlinked both sets of parents, since they seem certain to be wrong (or at least unfounded speculation).

Good luck with sorting out the Montgomerys!

(BTW, the image is apparently the logo of the Minnesota Vikings, according to Google Image Search....)

Harald, you must not be a Vikings fan if you had to look it up ;)

I'm not a fan of the sport that should have been called hand-egg :-)

Well you were right, Harald.
No way i can sort the Montgomery family out, they are all MPs so no way i can even merge the first set of duplicates, more work for the Curators :)

Tagging Private User and Private User and asking them if they can sort it out....

Could a curator disconnect N.N. from her parents (Ragnar&Aslaug) as she is the wife of their gggrandson.

Deleted!

I disconnected the wives to the one Roger as he only lived one day according to the profile, so that seemed to clear up the problems I seen. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.

Private User the age was a typo probably a result of bad merges.
Please merge the two Rogers and their two sons and the following generations, as they are MPs it needs to be a Curator that does these merges.

Also tagging Private User as the Curator of the other tree

The bellow shared path shows the relationship between Gange-Hrólfr 'Rollo' Ragnvaldsson and Sigurd "Orm-i-Øje/Snake-eye" Ragnarson. A direct connection to Ragnar:

http://www.geni.com/path/Enrique-Manuel-Villena+is+related+to+Sigur...

The relationship is as follows:

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is Gange-Hrólfr 'Rollo' Ragnvaldsson de Normandie's third great grandfather.

Gange-Hrólfr 'Rollo' Ragnvaldsson de Normandie → Ragnvald Eysteinsson, Earl of Møre his father → Ásdís (Ascrida) Ragnvaldsdóttir his mother → Thora Sigurdsdottir

(Sigurdsdóttir) her mother → Sigurd "Orm-i-Øje/Snake-eye" Ragnarson her father → Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson his father

However, If you view the relationship between Ragnar and Rollo, locking the pin, the relationship is shown below:

http://www.geni.com/path/Gange-Hr%C3%B3lfr-Rollo-Ragnvaldsson-de-No...

This relationship is as follows:

Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson is Gange-Hrólfr 'Rollo' Ragnvaldsson de Normandie's second cousin's wife's father!

Gange-Hrólfr 'Rollo' Ragnvaldsson de Normandie → Ragnvald Eysteinsson, Earl of Møre his father → Ásdís (Ascrida) Ragnvaldsdóttir his mother → Guðrøðr Ragnvaldsson, Konge av Vestfold her brother → Ívarr Gudrødsson, King of Dublin his son → Guðþormr (Gudröd) Ívarsson King of Dublin his son → Dau Ragnarsdatter his wife → Ragnar "Lodbrok" Sigurdsson her father

Why Geni presents this behavior?

There are multiple paths between them, and Geni's algorithm isn't deterministic about which path it finds first.

Harald Tveit Alvestrand, Thanks for the answer.

I know! I also believe that there have been some changes in some intermediate kinship. Previously there was not a direct relationship between the two profiles. Perhaps the Geni has saved this situation (when I did direct research between the two profiles).

I work with large databases. Behind the Geni there a database. The Geni developers could create an option where we could enter a name to be avoided along the path.

We call this exclusion. In geoprocessing, when working with routes (transit, waterways, electricity, mains water and sewage) call this impedance. They are traffic lights, barriers, waterfalls, valves. Anyway, things we want to avoid on route. So we can take the best route to avoid these things.

Vuze software (bittorrent client), in its results of a search, has a field called "Show results with ..." There are two options that can be used concurrently, "these keywords:" where we put the words that should be in the results the searches. "but not these," that determines results without the words written in this field. Are graphical interfaces for simple SQL (Structured Query Language) operations, with inclusion and exclusion conditions.

Well! Anyway I already realized that my relationship with Ragnar changes every day. It has been my 32nd great grandfather. He is now is my 36th great grandfather by Björn Ragnarsson «Ironside» Järnsida, identified today as the shortest path, but I know it's not the shortest!. He is (was) my ancestor by Ingvar Ragnarsson (At moment, He isn't more!), Ålov/Alof Ragnarsdottir (my 34th great grandmother) and Sigurd Snake-Eye (my 36th great grandfather, as seen on the link in the previous message, by Enrique Manuel Villena, IV Señor Montealegre, my intermediate ancestor.).

A butterfly flaps its wings there, everything changes here!

34th great grandfather for me!

Showing 541-570 of 792 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion