Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • (No Name)
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 241-270 of 3037 posts

Here, Here: Nice words and truly spoken....Perrott ap RICE lived...Geni says so....LOL and so do I...you have ample proof of that....Understanding him is a challenge but worked dilligently, the true nature of his FLIGHT from Wales is bound to emerge....The words in my Father's memory were true and are proved so every day right here....and I very much appreciate the input....What I voiced above was a passing insight....not a conclusion....it is my method of testing what is real and what is fancy....Lucky you....You are witnesses to my private process that other investigators would have given up upon long ago....But Im the one you would want to have looking for a lost loved one who could be in danger as a police investigator....no stone unturned as they say....Cheers DCR

Okay: Found the Family line to Mary Berkly via Elizabeth Verney my direct blood cousin see Elizabeth Verney married to Thomas GREY...This is a recognition of the Family of Margaret MERCEr...to John Perrott? Perhaps...Anyone? DCR

Dale I'm not understanding the connection you're making to Margaret Mercer; it's a Warwickshire family. (I always look at connections geographically 1st).

But the good news is this is my 4th cousin x 16 removed. And I "see" that my connection point is to a validated Colonial American pedigree:

Rev. Edward Bulkeley

Shropshire is close to Wales, plenty of back & forth.

Ms. E: Verney is one of 8 names listed on the tomb of Margaret MERCER 1580 Married to Thomas ap Rice 1570. Along with the usual ap RICE , Martin, Bateman, DeVere, Roache, and Mercer22.....Understanding those names should point us toward the FATHER who is NOT Willaim MERCER...I changed that on the profile to unknown MERCER, because the history of Pembrokshire lists John Mercer as the Onlychild of William....The Verney's connect to the French side of the family which includes the TUDOR non royals....That's where I am...looking at why PERROTT ap Rice is not William Or John or Jevan or Thomas....RATHER his name is PERROTT....This will yield in time....DCR

Also: to clairify Mary Berkley Pughe links to Sir John Perrott and so do the VERNEY lines...I saw it in the Family section and clicked on the name Berkley/Pughe I'll try to highlight it for you...DCR

Goodnight...great day!

For those of you who may have questions regarding the story that I have been pursuing for 2 years now....until this morning I had no idea of the DEPTH and power of the Assertion my father made....Kindly note that GeoffreyV le Bel, compte of Anjou Geoffroy V, Count of Anjou, Maine and Mortain is my DIRECT Blood ancestoral 21st Great Grandfather via every King of ENGLAND. The story is affirmed by this COINCIDENCE and THE story of the Mayor of London's Daughter Agness Locke Agnes Locke also being my Direct Blood Cousin shows the TRUTHFULNESS of his assertion in my view. These two circumstances point to a Unique person in my Family History that some are want to DISMISS as a fantacy/figment of my imagination, when alas it their problem which requires a doccument of paper which prevents them from "SEEING" what I have been trying to illuminate. Regards DCR 1948

See Charles "MARTEL" FYI Charles Martel another direct blood ancestor cementing the post above and a True statement, not an exageration by RUBE farmers in NEBrASKA....

There's a minotaur on Geni? :-)

Hello 17th Cousin 5 times Removed.....Greetings and I don't know about the minotaur but skeptics are abounding, as they should .....The Guardians of the Gate to the great trove of fact are a tough audience to persuade....Kind Regards DCR

8 at last count.
Minotaur is my second cousin 63 times removed.
This goes a long way in explaining my bullheadedness.
Minotaur

LOL. That's enough to start a Minotaur project :-)
But no path to me Peter :-(

Ahh, but I see a path to the Quinotaur. Does that make me the most bull-headed of all?

Sorry Dale - just jumped into the middle of the rice pudding - Couldn't resist the minotaur. Galloping off now.. Take care.

Hello to you Cousin Peter: I too have been described as BULLHEADED...LOL serves one well as an investigator and lo these past 12 months have been full of revelations. because of that singular distinction......Hope you and yours are well and happy as I am now that I am retired from the workaday world I grew up in...Cheers: AND thanks to Justin's post I printed off a 29th great grandfather in the Northern French region also known as DENMARK....for Sigurd Sigmundsson....what a suprise!!! Cheers DCR 1948

Sigurd Sigmundsson, of Denmark is my 36th great grandfather.
But i also jumped into your pudding as a response to Sharon's ? on minotaurs. Regards.

For your review and comment: Agnes Pollard Mother of Jane Pollard/Stuckley is my Direct blood ancestor...this is a family known to Henry Tudor as was the ap RICE family....they were the closest family to the Crown as a result of Bosworth Field....Mary Berkley Pughe's son Sir John Perrott of Carew Castle and Havorford West....was contemporary of Thomas ap RICE and Margaret Mercer 1570. As was his son John Perrott II. One of which is the likely father of Margaret MERCER....Im suggesting the MERCER 22 clue along with the reference to DeVere & Valens Ancestors to Tudor/ & Berkley point at Sir John Perrott.....Yes, It is speculation but has the VERVE of the AGE and Actors at hand imprinted. Happy Saturday Morning...DCR 1948

Dale, I'm not sure why you *want* to be related to the Tudors - the Henrys and Mary were thoroughly unpleasant people, and even Elizabeth (who was the best of a bad lot) had some serious off days.

It's a lot easier to find Plantagenet connections, particularly because the men were (for the most part) real horndogs who'd lay anything in a skirt.

OH, believe me Maven: I am not happy about this connection.....but understanding the events which lead us to the TRuTH, no matter how unpleasant or distastefull is the role of the unbiased investigator....How many times did I uncover the true nature of the CHildren at a CHRIASTIAN University where I got to the botttom of most every theft and forgery on campus...only to discover that a major contributor's son or daughter had the soul of a thief....The Tudors represent a FRACTAL of the Kingly route that the family stems from and whatever the nature of the beginnings of these people pale by comparrison to their other deeds recorded in history....This is not about a pretty face...it's about discovering the ACTUAL face of those who gave life to a great American FAMILY....with a Story of REDEMPTION....You can trust that. DCR 1948

They all had their good and bad sides. just like people now adays. And by the way aren't the comments getting a little crude now, even tho true, still a little crude!
And by the way some of them if want crude didn't just like women. One of them were with boys so often that the wife had him locked up and totured to death and it wasn't pretty. His screams could be heard all over the place. And I am not going to go into what they did to this King . It was horrifi!

They all had their good and bad sides. just like people now adays. And by the way aren't the comments getting a little crude now, even tho true, still a little crude!
And by the way some of them if want crude didn't just like women. One of them were with boys so often that the wife had him locked up and totured to death and it wasn't pretty. His screams could be heard all over the place. And I am not going to go into what they did to this King . It was horrifi!

The normative behaviors of 16th century ENGLAND are not the norm today...thankgoodness....but to understand who Perrott ap RICE 1600 is we have to understand the circumstance...If you prefer not to look or comment I fully get that....I am compelled to find out how he and his progeny connect to the Kings of ENGLAND....as I said earlier I take no pleasure in being related to a Usurper branch of English Royalty....but it is what it is Regards...DCR

Ms. Erica: I see that DD Bulkley is a direct 10th Cousin 8 times removed and the Charlton/Grosvenor connection is that connected to de Berkley? Not sure what that links to....fyi I checked with the people who run the MERCER MILLIONS site and they don't know of Margaret.....and they have data on lots and lots of MERCERS.....She's an Enigma as it were with no reference to an ACTUAL Biological Father. That's all Im saying for now. DCR

Consider the possibility that "Mercer" was a husband's name.

Do you have an image of the Tenby monument and the link (the www) to the Pembrokeshire Journal where it is described? Again, it would make it much easier if we're all looking at the same thing.

I don't understand what you're asking about the Bulkeley pedigree. It's a direct line for me to the Plantagenets.

Dale - terminology. No such thing as "direct 10th cousin."

If a profile shows a "cousin" relationship to you, to get to the blood line, you find the connecting 9th great grandparents.

Okay, I'll think that through.....The names are all in lt. Blue and that links the family by blood was my understanding....that's all I was trying to express. DCR

For me, I use the "cousin relationship" to find the common ancestor. Then I walk back down that line to me, sourcing each link to validate & confirm it.

If you will google Squirelbasket.com...two Pembrokshire churches....St. Mary the Virgin will come up with full color photos of great quality to see the stained glass windows....the 3rd listing down shows the performance I took in while in TENBY of the Organ master performing at the ORGAN....very nice to see on line. DCR

Erica: I have the photos downloaded to my personal email but what address should I send it to? www.Geni.com does not go through...there are 6 full color and high quality pictures to send....would love to get them here. DCR

Dale - the images represent Perrot ap Rice correct? You can upload the photos to his profile so we all can see.

Here are FAQ to follow:

http://help.geni.com/entries/461155-How-can-I-upload-my-photos-
http://help.geni.com/entries/20015877-How-can-I-change-a-profile-ph...

And others who are more technically adept can help walk you through it.

Here's the url: http://wp.me/p'GX)b-3A2

Showing 241-270 of 3037 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion