Geni member
  • Geni Pro
  • (No Name)
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 181-210 of 3037 posts

see Egigda Grey to MERCER Egidia Mercer This line looks promising through Patrick Grey to MERcer....there is a NN Mercer that Im looking into...DCR

So, we are down to the Plausable MERCER males that could possibly be Father of Margaret MERCER 1580. Egidia Mercer-Grey Egidia Mercer yields possible lines in Laurence Mercer Laurence Mercer or his brother in James Mercer James Mercer born a the right time...and more importantly in context of the MERCER/Mayors of London Michael Locke Michael Locke, Merchant of London whos daughter Agness Agnes Locke is my Direct Blood cousin uninterrpted 16 times. Your observations are welcome.....DCR

John Rice 1624 of DEDHAM is not yet listed as my 8th ggrandfather except on the treee....I can't use his name with the @ symbol to bring his profile up....any guesses? The Geni system shows Perrott ap Rice as father of John Rice son of Margaret Littleton Perrot ap Rice and links up with the children of John RICE 1624 but not to JOHN RICE 1624....and Im comfortable leaving mother as unknown but we have sufficient secondary relationships to confer John Rice 1624 as son of PERROTT ap Rice 1600. Please don't make me count the ways. DCR

Laurence Mercer is of Scotland. Is there any knowledge of him being in London or Wales?

John Rice, of Dedham what W said:)

There are documents & citations attached to this profile. Uploaded documents are welcome.

John Webster Rice This John RICE is all that comes up with the @ symbol...he's my father's brother...John Webster Rice ca 1880. Erica, the Exact Matches on my DNA are 25 of 25 for two persons in Scotland and one in Ireland....The other match as disclosed earlier is Wm Davis of South Carolina 1650. I do not know of the movements of these potential MERCErS except they come from Scotland where I have the most DNA matches. DCR

Dale - so what I believe is the method for DNA matches is to contact them privately through the DNA service and compare trees, looking for the likely common ancestor. The DNA service has the documents to describe what generation to look "in." it will assist to give a copy & paste link to a public profile in the Geni tree proven by DNA to be your Y ancestor (you only did Y testing I believe).

So John Rice, of Dedham (copy & paste that link to your own computer word document perhaps) would be the link to send.

Yes, I have written to all the DNA matches....no response. I could use a TX fax number or how to upload the DNA results to the JOHN RICE 1624 I can forward the results so you can see the actual results online...but I don't have a scanner...W?

Kindlly note the following direct BLOOD connection of Martha Martha Perrott Parrott daughter of Bridget Littleton....which puts the son of John Perrott II into the SAME family per Margaret Littleton Perrot ap Rice mother of John Rice 1635 brother to ALLEGED 1/2 brother John RICE 1624 of DEDHAM, Ma. DCR

See Martha Perrot direct to Dale C. RICE the other link shows Martha as the Daughter of Richard Perrott son John Perrott II...fyi W: I will have to find it...I gave that to Erica along with the password in Sept. The point is Im reporting the two matches in Scotland, and One 31 for 31 match in IRELAND where John Perrott was stationed as Lord Lieutenat of IRELAND before he was attained and we have his Great grand daughter Marthas Sisterin law as Bridget/to Margaret Littleton wife of My 8th great grandfather Perrott ap RICE exactly as my story indicated. DCR

I'll try sifting through the mail. I'd love to see the Tenby monument too, I'm sure it's beautiful.

Here's an interesting FAMILY name affiliated with the ap Rices and the EDEN Saunders of the household of PRINCESS Mary Tudor.....See Alix Saunders son William....born 1532 the birth date of his sister Mary is 1532-33....Im not saying he's the KINGS son at all....the names are a confluance of the garbled story of Saunders to Rachael Rice grand daughter of John Rice 1624 of DEDHAM Alix Saunders. We are arriving at the inescapable.....Perrott ap Rice FAKED his death for his own reasons just prior to the ENGLISH Revolution. All of the characters sited are in association/affiliation with the names Tudor & Plantagenet and that blood connection at Elizabeth Churchill-Foote to Hall/Rice the Story becomes more TRUE each day.....DCR

The Davis Match of William Davis 1650 in a 25/25 exact match is also accompanied by the near matchs on the Y DNA per my 23 and Me test. They are: #72042 Jasper Davis Al. 1834-1912: #60280 Ira Jasper Bud Davis 1860 Alabama 1745-1815 #263229 Thomas Davis of Va. 1745-1815 a 2 step difference. #211835 Moses Davis of Pa.died 1799....#65608 Isaac Pocahontas Davis Native person and #230348 William Davis 1650-1730 of S.C. See Y segments of Pocahantas Davis 13 22 15 10 13-14 11 14 11 12 11 28 16 8 9 8 11 23 16 20 28 12 13 14
13 22 14 10 13 14 11 14 11 12 11 28 14 8 9 8 11 24 16 20 30 12 14 15 fyi...These numbers comport with my numbers matching John Rice 1624.

I have been contacted by a member of the Davis Family....however she is a female and may have the Mt. DNA test needed to compare my sisters test which is underway as we speak....she carries 14% Native American blood which by defination means that a second or third marrige took place between Nickitti at 50% of the message 1650 to25% gen 2 12/12% gen three....Thus first and second generations must have been marriages to 75% or 50% native Americans in order to preserve her 14% for 300 years. She has proof of Nickitti as her grandmother....don't know how many times yet....fyi DCR

Dale I'm interested but I'm afraid DNA is way over my head. There are blog lessons for interpreting & understanding matches out there. Hope you find them & work through them to align with the paper trail.

Im wondering Erica....has anyone put the Name of Perrott ap Rice 1600 into the alogrythem say after 2AM and seen where that connection leads? I mean can we just run a test for an hour to see where the connections come up? Im interested in these Direct lines from the Herberts to John Rice 1624 daughters and grandaughters...would they also pass through to Perrott? Just wondering...? DCR PS: It's over my head too Erica.....but that's all we have as hard evidence so will be comparing Mt. DNA results when my sister's are in.....We have one line which runs back to Thomasine Frost Rice at a daughter of hers to Edward Rice of my line....perhaps they can read that connection down line to our ERA....The Native American line is my son's mother....in my family so I don't think Necotowanasee to DAVIS wil show up...The French line will for sure as the Chalfant's are old, old family with many possible brances to the Gordons, Nevils, Percy's and Stewarts....That's my mother's grandmother fyi...DCR

Dale I think you're asking for a way to see the descendants of Perrot ap Rice? Can't you just go to the profile and view that tree?

Also you may be able to go to the list view on that profile to see the names in his tree. But that's going to take some walking through on your computer. I'm very bad at doing that for someone else because I don't see what you see.

Open to profile view.

Scroll down. There's a little hyperlink that says "view all."

Click that.

It opens a list for the profiles in Perrot's group.

I'm not sure of the definition of that group - you'll however be able to see that for yourself when you try it.

Okay: Lettice ap Rice is Perrott ap Rice's Sister: She married Sampson Lort, care to guess who he's related to? One Henry Tudor via son Sir John Perrott via Mary Berkley/Pugh....My story was only slightly garbled and I was told I could not add Perrott ap Rice as Father to John Rice...Fine but please tell me that the Lort to Tudor connection escaped everyones attention???? Lettice ap Rice and Sampson Lort, MP, of Eastmoor.....this is very sad to spend from March to November wondering who the connections were and they were there all along.....very, very disappointed!!! DCR

I made the Lort connection sited above open and searcable on another screen....per W.
DCR

I don't follow. What Henry Tudor? Can you @ the Geni profile?

I opened Sampson Lort in Blue Above....he was married to Henry VIII bastard son's John Perrott daughter OLIVE, cousin by marriage to Perrott ap RICE 1600. Which is where I started my story in FEBRUARY only I didn't know the name was LORT and I was not allowed to keep the connection of Perrott up on screen long enough to invesitgate his relationship to Olive Perrott Lort Olive Lort Sampson Lort, MP, of Eastmoor Lettice ap Rice Letitice ap Rice Agnes Baynton .

I'm still not following, forgive me.

Sir John Philipps, 1st Baronet of Picton Castle had a daughter, Olive Lort.

Olive married Sampson Lort, MP, of Eastmoor , who also married Letitice ap Rice

Sir John Phillips was a son of King Henry Vlll of England? I do not see that in his profile information?

Erica, on my side of this the linkage is direct from SAMPSON LORT back to Olive to Phillips to SirJohn PERROTT Ito Henry Tudor to Mary BOLYNE to Wm. Carey on down to my Mary Rice, Hall, Foote Churchill to my Great Grandfather Wm. RICE....I left the Wm. LORT Open and searchable on another screen. There is also a John Parrott II connection to the RICE's which I will put up for you.....DCR Regards

I do not understand the connection between Henry Tudor ( do you mean King Henry Vlll) ? and Sir John Phillips. You may have to go a little slower for me to follow it, step by step.

Anne Phillips is the Daughter of of Sir John PERROTT and it's Phillips to Olive Lort....is what Geni is showing to me....That's the Marriage connection to Sampson to Lettice ap RICE etc. The Blood connection to Henry VIII is the other direction to my ANCESTORS traceing to John RICE 1624 connection at Wm. RICE JR 1771 William Rice, Jr. and Elizabeth Hall....YES?

Okay, please click on the Sampson Lort in Blue Sampson Lort, MP, of Eastmoor he married Perrott ap Rice's sister Lettice....and was married to the grandaughter of Sir John Perrott, Olive Phillips Lort....That is the Marriage connection to Sir John PERROTT the subject of my inquiry....Working back from Henry Tudor VIII thriugh the Wm. Carey Line I show all these people on the open and searchable screen the way you and I worked together. Sorry if I don't understand what you can and cannot see. DCR Regards

I have both screens up and open and searchable right now...are you able to see? DCR

No.

Dale I'm on my computer, W is on his, you are on yours. You cannot see what's on my computer. I cannot see what's on yours.

What we see together is what is on the Internet site, Geni.com.

I do not understand the connection to King Henry Vlll you are discussing.

Showing 181-210 of 3037 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion