beatrice plantaganet - Misplaced - belongs under Plantagenet, not Valois

Started by Private User on Saturday, October 5, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 16 posts
Private User
10/5/2013 at 8:22 AM

Curator please correct, the English royal line is locked up too tight.

Private User
10/5/2013 at 8:25 AM

And if she's misnamed rather than misplaced, please correct *that*.

Private User
10/15/2013 at 11:29 PM

This one is still a problem.She's listed as a daughter of Philip III of France (the royal house of France was Capet at this time), but no such child is known to history:

Marriage and children
French Monarchy
Direct Capetians
Arms of the Kingdom of France (Ancien).svg
Philip III
Louis of France
Philip IV
Charles, Count of Valois
Louis, Count of Évreux
Blanche, Duchess of Austria
Margaret of France, Queen of England

On 28 May 1262, Philip married Isabella of Aragon, daughter of James I of Aragon and his second wife Yolande of Hungary.[7] They had the following children:

Louis (1265 – May 1276). He was poisoned, possibly by orders of his stepmother.
Philip IV (1268 – 29 November 1314), his successor, married Joan I of Navarre
Robert (1269–1271)
Charles (12 March 1270 – 16 December 1325), Count of Valois, married firstly to Margaret of Anjou in 1290, secondly to Catherine I of Courtenay in 1302, and lastly to Mahaut of Chatillon in 1308
Stillborn son (1271)

After Isabella's death, he married on 21 August 1274, Maria of Brabant, daughter of Henry III of Brabant and Adelaide of Burgundy. Their children were:

Louis (May 1276 – 19 May 1319), Count of Évreux, married Margaret of Artois
Blanche (1278 – 19 March 1305, Vienna), married Rudolf III of Austria on 25 May 1300.
Margaret (1282 – 14 February 1318), married Edward I of England

Notice: no Beatrice.

So who is she, and where does she belong?

Private User
10/15/2013 at 11:33 PM

Looks like she was assigned to the wrong royal family on the wrong side of the Channel - she should probably be a daughter of Henry III of England and Eleanor of Provence;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beatrice_of_England

Private User
10/15/2013 at 11:59 PM

Worse, there are about six duplicate profiles of her, at least two of them with completely wrong parents - and another six or so of her niece, another Beatrice.

Geni is behaving absolutely craptastically and taking a gazillion years to complete a stupid simple merge - to say nothing of forbidding ANY connection with the right parents or siblings. I am not on speaking terms with Ofir Friedman, so asking anything of him is Right Out.

Private
10/16/2013 at 12:02 AM

there are some curators who i speak with only when nessary as well

Private User
10/16/2013 at 12:14 AM

This is the Master Profile for Beatrice: Beatrice of England

This one Unknown Profile
and this one Unknown Profile are allegedly "linked pending merge" which has been "pending" for upwards of an hour and I don't think will ever happen without a swift kick from a Curator or even higher up.

Unknown Profile,
Unknown Profile, and Unknown Profile are more duplicates.

SOMEBODY needs to fix this.

Private
10/16/2013 at 12:16 AM

i'd try my usal fix it lady erica but i think she's up to her neck in other things at the moment

10/16/2013 at 1:58 AM

fixed

Private User
10/16/2013 at 6:53 AM

Thanks to everyone who put in time on this!

Private User
10/16/2013 at 7:10 AM

Oops - we've got another duplicate: Unknown Profile

It was an empty profile attached to the same husband and children as Beatrice of England, and there was nothing I could do about it except to put the merge request in the Display field. (Suggest removing that at the time of merging.)

I'm beginning to see why Erica says tight-locking profiles causes more problems than it fixes.

10/16/2013 at 8:56 AM

In cases like this, it's best to contact the curator directly. A curator who locks a profile has made a commitment to do the routine maintenance necessary to keep the area in good shape. The fixes aren't ever going to be instant. I don't start to worry until a problem has been out there for a month or so.

Of course, the best solution is to engage new users early on so they understand that creating unnecessary duplicates just creates work for everyone else.

Private User
10/16/2013 at 12:29 PM

This wasn't an ordinary "request to merge" situation. Something went WRONG and left the profile hanging - not merged, not in "request to merge" state, and not free. Have reported it to the Help Desk and we'll see if they can find out what went haywire.

Private
10/16/2013 at 1:43 PM

Private User checked in mike s and alex white in the geni server has slowed down to the speed of molasses thread and they are aware of the problems

10/16/2013 at 1:54 PM

Maven, I had no problem merging them. As far as I can tell the only problem was that the MP was locked so needed a curator to do it.

Private User
10/16/2013 at 1:57 PM

Maybe Geni is ONLY working for curators right now. I'm having trouble as soon as I get about ten generations back - in any direction.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion