Rundlett

Started by Erica Howton on Friday, September 20, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 124 posts

Keep in mind the suffix of Jr., or Sr. may have been a result of the miss-merge.

Looking in the Index for New England Marriages Prior to 1700, there is no info for Rundlett or any other spelling on Pg.642

No preview for Pg.212 or 687 which has Charles Runlett

another link for info
http://ww.genealogyofnewengland.com/f_1bd.htm#168

Erica Howton Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator usualy a roman number is reserved for royals but when the dad has a kid of the same name i am not sure how we'd handle it.. sr or jr? I was using charles sr even though it was not written out that way in the write up or the name to help myself diffrentaite from the two and carol the rundlett name appears on pg 643 just not charles i don't think.. i will look at the other link later.

Michael if you do not have a source to say JR or SR or Il etcetera - leave it off. The Master Profile program takes care of making sure the repeating name does not get mixed up.

ok.. I'm going to look at the kids one last time before i move on to chase.. .. if there's anything out of place i'll let you know but so far between the 4+ sources most of the names look accurate.. other researchers who know this line better can fix what might be missing.. example in the documentation it lists charles the 3rd as son of charles the 2nd that's what i brought up the jr sr 1 2 3 thing.. but if you say the master profile takes that into account then that shouldn't be too much of a issue.

some of the websites do not have data on the children so it will have the be pulled from other sources but looking at the line it looks pretty well taken care of despite that small problem

@Jane Rundlett is mt 4th grt uncle,4th cousin Judy Rice

@Lydia Runlett is my 12th cousin 8 times removed Judy Rice

@Jane Rundlet is my 6th cousin 5 times removed Judy Rice

thanks Judy but this thread is supposed to be about cleaning things up on those lines.. nice to know your related hower.

Removed William Randlett as the child of do not merge and do not merge, John Clough, III

Erica Howton

Do you think it is time that we can remove most of the children connected to Lydia Norris
James Russell; Abigail Clark, daughter of John Clark & Submit Searle; Elizabeth Clark, daughter of Samuel Clark & Mary Lightfoot

These children seem to be already connected to their correct parents and are in conflicts of having two sets including do not merge & do not merge.

Which will leave do not merge & do not merge with just the parent connection with #3 Gateway to vandelized tree.

Erica Howton Carole (Erickson) Pomeroy,Vol. Curator I have not yet checked out the clark sumbit searle lines i assume you had other people in mind for repairing those if they are accurate as can be i see no problem with carol's suggestion/

Carole - agreed & done

Re the problem of naming children after a parent.

this is a problem in a lot of trees, and it is multiplied in the Rundlett tree because of the use of common first names eg Mary, James, etc.

to get over this i started to add the birth year in the middle name field.

What do others think about this?

Judy Rice PRO
yesterday at 8:23 PM
@Jane Hill is my 6th cousin 5 times removed Judy Rice

Which one?

Reg I hate it, it's training wheels on a bicycle. :)

We have the curator note box. For "this" Jane Hill (my 12th cousin through Frost) I have:

Daughter of Elisha Hill (b 1743) & Elizabeth. Married James Rundlet, 13 children

We have 255 characters & can put in anything a manager requests (within reason) to help disambiguate.

Oh - and "that" Jane Hill

Jane Rundlett

Is my 1st cousin, 7 times removed.

Reg is Jane Rundlett (Hill)'s husband's first cousin 8 times removed.

Reg is my 14th cousin once removed

Common ancestors: Olive Bulkeley & Rev. Edward Bulkeley

It's a touch iffy on my side of the slope though - should be very solid on yours.

Simon Prescott
which i have added today

and he did married sisters.

have done my final run on this line looks clean. Should I "chase" or "hunt" down new areas?

Sure - choose your surname. :)

for some reason when i click on Identify in your album of files for the towns of new hampshire it won't let me add to charles rundlett and his sons and daugthers born in that area.. hmm... oh well.. moving on.. decided to work on the chase line which i can see from one of the roots web sites i'm using.. i'll hop over to the chase thread and see if there are any other sources there.. the rootsweb one i found only has decent info on thomas chase and next to no info on the others.

To tag a photo to a profile hit the EDIT button below the photo, above location, etc, be sure & view the profile you want to tag to it 1st. I think identify will work but I've never used it - I use the box below instead.

To attach a photo to a profile, just go to 'photos view' ....click on the photo you want in the profile and SET as the profile photo.....then go back to the profile itself (on right side of the screen)....and you should see the chosen photo in the profile......

On very old data files this may not work....the enhanced 'change' doesn't seem to apply to those older ones.

http://www.theharmons.us/harmon_t/b1696.htm

Wondering if this has any merit.

The Harmon's site is generally based on "the ancestral file." My experience is that the "closer to now" the more accurate the data will be & the biggest "murk" in the older profiles. So sure, a decent guide.

You guys are doing an awesome job while I've been hitting brick walls a lot on my trek UP...

Do you want me to cite the harmons data into any profiles that do not currently have anything in the 'about me'?

Fay I think the Rundlett line is OK. Where we need help more is the "gateway to vandalized tree" profiles - peeling off more smerges.

I've moved on to chase.. will chase it down when i get a free moment.. bit busy at the present.. no baby news yet but soon

OK... I volunteered for RUndlett cause there is a Rundlett School in Concord....do you think there is anything about where the name of the School came from? NO!!

What seemed like an easy one became impossible with only my sources...

Showing 91-120 of 124 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion