Rundlett

Started by Erica Howton on Friday, September 20, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-90 of 124 posts

i can find like half a dozen sources for one person but not one of them mentions the kids.. lol

Well they're going to be more Reg's problem.:). Our "rehab" project is more oriented to the "smerged" group - and we have many trees to do.

i will fix the about me data so it points to charles rather then his sibling later though. found a tree here m. 27 Mar 1729, Hampton, N.H.
John Chase and Anna Rundlet and the children of the chase line.. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~crutchley/WC02/WC... but since this is primarly a rundlet thread...

just wondering Erica Howton i can see roots web has the majority of the siblings on the rundlett name it's a matter of weeding out the bad ones and which ones he had and didn;t have . what is your view of the accuracy of searching for a name on ancestry.com does it need to be in a standalone database? are those more accurate then public vs private trees there?
because i see good info on the names on roots web that's great but it's a problem though with the follow up data date born area lived in etc etc anyway i can't change the data on Charles Rundlett, III jr's profile because it's a mp do you have the key to the lock for me to do so?

Daniel Chase

The entire info in the 'about me' on Daniel Chase is about Rundlett....can this info be transferred to the proper profile once that person is located??

It appears to be quite exptensive info and appears helpful...but not to Daniel Chase.

Sorry for my silence....I was contacted by a researcher about my extended family....and provided with a number of new people......and besides setting them up....and verifying data....I have been trying to get info into the 'about me'.....time consuming process (but if I talk the talk....I'd better walk the walk.....right?).

Will be back on task ASAP.

http://ma-vitalrecords.org/MA/Essex/Newburyport/aMarriagesR.shtml

Randlet, Rundlett..

Realize they are mostly more recent than we need...but will try to make sure, if they are on Geni, that there is some thing in 'about me' on these when I get a chance...

Still looking for older sources.

Lydia Runlett

Profile for Lydia Ladd reads

Lydia Ladd, I MP
Birth: 27 December 1684
Exeter, Rockingham, New Hampshire
Death: 1723 (39)
Immediate Family: Daughter of Nathaniel Ladd and Elizabeth Ann Gilman
Wife of elizabeth mary lumpkin; Charles Rundlett and Ann Smith
Mother of Anna Rundlett; Charles Rundlett;Lydia Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Nathaniel Rundlett and 15 others
Sister of Elizabeth Ladd; Nathaniel Ladd; Mary Ladd; Daniel Ladd; John Ladd and 1 other
Half sister of Sarah WADLEIGH; Abigail Wadleigh; Joseph Wadleigh; Martha Wadleigh;Martha Wadleigh and 1 other
Added by: Carlos Griffin on 8 July 2007
Managed by: Randolph Eric Jones and 20 others
Curated by: Catherine "Erin" Serafina Liora Pinder

Please correct this to read
Lydia Ladd, I MP
Birth: 27 December 1684
>>Death: After 1723
>>prob. Exeter, Rockingham, New Hampshire
Immediate Family: Daughter of Nathaniel Ladd and Elizabeth Ann Gilman
>>Wife of Charles Rundlett
>> Mother of Ruth Rundlett, Charles Rundlett, Catherine Rundlett, Anna Rundlett, Lydia Rundlett,; Nathaniel Rundlett, Nancy Rundlett and Mary Rundlett
>>Sister of Mary Ladd; Daniel Ladd
Added by: Carlos Griffin on 8 July 2007
Managed by: Randolph Eric Jones and 20 others
Curated by: Catherine "Erin" Serafina Liora Pinder

Erica Howton once i get the data into the about me on john chase do you want me to do this? I am not sure if that's best here.. michael

Sure, please try Lydia, she was next on my list.

I've uploaded some logos for the town of Exeter NH here:

http://www.geni.com/photo/view/4372387099150022889?album_type=photo...=

Please tag them to more profiles; it gives the tree visual appeal & helps disambiguate between similar names, reducing confusion. In the next post I'll try & share an FAQ about "tagging" images to profiles.

reg and erica I think erica did most of this allready as i was busy adding a note some where else Lydia Ladd, I MP
Birth: December 27, 1684
Death: after 1723 (39)
probably, Exeter, Rockingham, New Hampshire, United States
Immediate Family:

Daughter of Nathaniel Ladd and Elizabeth Gilman
Wife of elizabeth mary clark; Charles Rundlett and Ann Smith
Mother of Anna Chase; Charles Rundlett; Lydia Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Nathaniel Rundlett; Ruth Kinniston; James Rundlett; Mary Huntoon; Daniel Rundlett; Catherine Rundlett; Theophilus Rundlett; James Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Sarah Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Nancy Rundlett; Josiah Rundlett; Children to be added; john randlett and do not merge « less
Sister of Elizabeth Glidden (Ladd); Nathaniel Ladd, Jr.; Mary Ladd; Daniel Ladd; John Ladd and 1 other
Half sister of Sarah WADLEIGH; Abigail Wadleigh; Joseph Wadleigh; Martha Wadleigh; Martha Wadleigh; and Benjamin WADLEIGH Now I guess in your request you want the half sis notes taken out? i'm not sure how to go about that.. I can how ever insert the logos in her profile photo as erica asked... just as soon as i am done sourcing the notes for john chase..

the do not merge and kids to be added will still stay there..

Re - Lydia Ladd, I MP

The point i was trying to make is that the tree is wrong and i showed you the profile and what is should be.

How can Lydia have a husband and be married to two other WOMEN?

ahh.. yes i see that now.. me and Erica Howton will look into that

Reg,
I worked some on Lydia Runlett
I have not removed elizabeth mary lumpkin, the extra siblings, or the extra children yet, I would like to find where they belong before doing so.

Re James Rundlett b-1772
James Rundlet

not the son of Jacob Rundlett and Hannah Thompson

but

Name: James Rundlett
Birth: 08 Dec 1772 (8 Dec 1772) - Rockingham
Death: 1852 - Rockingham, NH (New Hampshire)
Marriage: 01 Jan 1795 (1 Jan 1795) - New Hampshire
Parents: James Rundlett, Dorothy Stevens
Spouse: Jane Hill

Ah - good one Reg, thank you. I'll advise when done.

Jane Hill
Birth: 24 Aug 1774 - Rockingham
Parents: Elisha Hill
Spouse: James Rundlett

Private User http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&am... this is what i have been using as a source i am not sure of it's accuracy level however

>it doesn't list all the children charles rundlett sr Birth: 1652 in England?
>Death: 1 APR 1709 in Exeter, New Hampshire

Michael why have you assumed that he was born in England?
There is no record of his birth. The name could be French ??

Indeed; he's a good candidate for Huguenot ancestry isn't he. So he could have come from England with parents actually born in France. Or from Massachusetts ...

Michael I've been using that database but supplementing with other sites as well.

My opinion is - it's the wives that got mixed up. So "chase the ladies."

Do we know the parents of the wife of Elisha Hill Jr

Elizabeth Hill

Erica Howton and reg i have not made any guesses on charles rundlett sr birth place.. that needs research.. if there are more known children then what the website says that needs research as well.. but as you suggsted look at the ladies side.. looking at that database doesn't reveal much however there is discrepencies here.. on charles sr's wife...
between http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&am... and http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~crutchley/WC01/WC... neither of them mention anything about the girls side other then the husband so how do you want to proceed there? and if there's a jr in the name more then likely the dad's name is the same as son just my opinon.. did you see the parents are unknown photo i stuck in with charles rundlett sr?

Michael I already took care of Mary Shatswell. Please progress working with the children's spouses where there is possible confusion / bad merges.

Love the "parents unknown" sign! I added it to the project image repository where it can be tagged to other profiles if need be.

oh ok wasn't sure if you had finished there.. moving on...

i'll put a nh sign on them as well.. it's not just mary shatswell most of the data on the other female's just list who that person married but no mention of kids so it's kinda hard to solve that if we don't know what the next generation is though...

i'll go back to the profiles and view near by merges and generate a list of them and we can weed thru whats bad..

when i am looking thru the mege list is there any data you want me to pay extra attention to?

Michael I'm not sure we should be merging yet. I think it's better to follow this order:

1. Build the overview, including a child list & and external site links. We've identified 3 for the Rundlett family - they should give you most of what you need.

2. When that's done, post the profile link for curator review. If it's good enough we will resolve data conflicts, field lock what is known & add curator notes.

3. Any "extra" children or "bonus" spouses - this is where to concentrate, because that's the Mis merge result. If they don't belong to those parents / spouse a PRO needs to disconnect.

Try & identify where they "really" should be. But if you can't -- post in the "driftwood" thread. Often when a profile is disconnected a match will come up!

Hope that clarifies. And add images any time. :)

Showing 61-90 of 124 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion