Rundlett

Started by Erica Howton on Friday, September 20, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 124 posts

yeah here it is http://books.google.com/books/about/New_England_Marriages_Prior_to_...
and here
http://books.google.com/books?id=mOgK8dM9qqUC&q=Jane+Rundlett+#...
i found it by accident when was looking for page 642 which it would not allow me to preview..

now i am not sure it just says annis,anthony.. and jane rundlett.. feb 24 1699 so not sure about it..

gonna hold off til that can be verfied.. don't want more egg on my face..

Great record, thank you. Are there any other Jane Rundlett's? Can we find Anthony Annis?

Please be very careful not to get the Charles Rundletts mixed up

The link posted did not go to Charles Rundlet/ Mary Shatswell

Private User have not tested the link so do not know but thanks for the reminder..

Erica Howton can still not get access to page 642 and i'm not having the best of luck on ancestry.com have some pages there does any one know how to cut and paste and from there and make it some what readable so you some one with more knowhow could assess what i found? thanks

Private User thank you for that note - I believe the "smerged" names can be retained as a link even when it's been updated. Generally I'm finding that giving the databases & trees a chance to refresh & redraw solves it, but if not after a day or so, post in http://www.geni.com/discussions/128295 for Geni yoddas to take a look.

I'm trying to focus on adding curator disambiguation notes, particularly important with the multiple profiles of similar names.

Private

I believe I understand this now.

From http://karetom.com/Rundlett.htm#JaneRundlett1676

Jane Rundlett
Born May 09, 1676, Exeter, Rockingham, New Hampshire
Died ---
Parents Charles Rundlett, Mary Shatswell
Married: February 24, 1698/99, Hampton, Rockingham, New Hampshire to John Anthony

This is marriage event reported in Torrey.

In other words, "John Anthony" & "John Annis" are the same person.

If agreed, we can merge together:

Unknown Profile

And

Jane Anthony

I've formatted citations in the "profile overview" in a way I find easy to read - and the hyperlinks take you right to the on line data.

Yes i think that sounds right. thanks.. going to make a list of all the rundletts and their urls and that way we can attempt to reconstruct the family from their birth and death dates and locations.. is that too much?

Michael I'm not sure it's necessary? For instance the page I just found for Jane Rundlett seems like a decent compilation.

What would help me is to get the links into the Geni profiles.

The format I use is

Links
* (outside URL)

Then if there's a question I can open up the profile & open the reference in another window.

This is one of the ways I earned a "good" reputation as a "good" merger.

first of all I know you hate long documents so unless it says mp or do not merge i am leaving the about me out and just typing in the birth and death dates and locations now to
New England Marriages Prior to 1700 I can find the google book just not the page 642 that i and you seem to think the rundlett's are on.. can find them on the ancestry.com links judith burns provided in the rundlett discussion thread but mentioned many times 21 images.. please advise what you want for souces so i don't have to copy all them. got way too many hits for mary rundlett going to try just rundlett as last name no first name and then copy the images from there and then pick apart the line.. charles and mary's and so on.. also is it
is it Randlett, Rundlett, Randlet or Rundlet?
have seen spellings all accross these lines
i guess what i am going to do is cut and paste what i can see in the about me and birth dates and location all the the rundletts that i can find and then me and others can further look into say ancestry.com family search other sites and find info allthough if we could crack open that page 642 or 643 that lists some rundletts it could be a help.. by viewing data we know is not bad and if i suspect it is or if it's marked don't touch by a curator i will list that as well.. but my thinking is if we can piece together the family from sources it might help us with who was merged with who and such.. (papa and son merge? brother and sis merge?)

oh ok.. never mind.. seeing your preivous post now.. agree would just clutter up thread too much..

skiping the idea about cut and pasting the urls and recreating the family..

I will search ancestry under the names listed on geni in the source database and get a list of images and then post them into the profiles of that person and then we can debate the acuracy does that sound better?

i'll post the url of the name so you can look at it and say if what i found is a good match or not.. now there is like i said confusion here though dad naming son after him and so on i think most if not all of them will be in the before 1700 torrey source assuming they allmarried before 1700

now what i can do from the google source book i will.. if some one had it on their ebook reader that would help imensely as the previews for some pages we can't access..

Charles Rundlett (sr?)
ancestry is showing match to mary smith 10 Jan 1675..
page 643
hmm.. now to try not to get my hands stickey with the elmers..

ok attached a source let me know what you think of it..

source attached to charles rundlett sr also mentions lt james rundlett.. and elizibeth robinson nothing new there..

gonna break for dinner and then continue..

I'm not on Ancestry so I guess will leave the attaching to others.

Michael P McCann
Today at 8:16 PM
Charles Rundlett (sr?)
ancestry is showing match to mary smith 10 Jan 1675..
page 643
hmm.. now to try not to get my hands stickey with the elmers..

Yes - well she married 3 times
This is why i do not like the use of married names for a wife, she is Mary Shatswell.

Michael

For this kind of cleanup and for an early historic date we don't images uploaded. Follow a good family compiler; there are now 3 to look at (2 Rootsweb databases & the site I found Jane Rundlett).

Do this:

1) add the outside link to the relevant profile.
2) cite sources and references used.
3) ensure there are vital statistics within the body of the profile.
4) put alternate name spellings in the "also known as" field

See the Master Profile guidelines:

http://wiki.geni.com/index.php/Master_Profile

Here's a VERY complete one we strive for:

Col. William Randolph, II, of ‘Turkey Island’

But that takes a long time!

ok thanks.. i added a document source from ancestry.com's copy of 1700's U.S., New England Marriages Prior to 1700 - Search - Ancestry.com http://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000022629006465 in regards to Charles Rundlett have you looked at that yet? let me know what you think..

i am looking at the root's web site.. lets see here.. gonna put together a list here i am working with http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&am... and will link the urls if i find anything that isn't listed in the about me i'll check with you and see if you think there is enough for a mp... Charles Rundlett ok roots web site basicly has same data..
Lt. James Rundlet looks ok..
in regards to charles rundlett ( NOT to be confused with father of same name 8 MAY 1676
Death: 1722 the following was given
Charles Jr. son of charles sr and Mary Satchwell SMITH
he
married Lydia Ladd, daughter of Ensign Nathaniel Ladd and Elizabeth Gilman. They settled on a thirty acre grant of land in that part of Exeter that is now called Newmarket. He died in 1722. Both the Ladd and Gilman families were prominent in early Exeter history. THeir children were Charles, Nathaniel, Elizabeth and Mary. Charles III married Lydia Ames, and he was a weaver in Newmarket. No record of children. Mary Rundlet married John Huntoon who was a Corporal in 1724 when he was a scouting expedition against Indians near Lake Winnipausakee. He was in the company of Captain Daniel Ladd source http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&am...

Charles Rundlett, III (iiI)
what we are going to do about Children to be added; and do not merge on that page i don't know..
all i know is children of charles jr from link above (charles rundlett sr and Mary Satchwell SMITH) wife was Lydia LADD
there are links to sources on ancestry.com as roots web is a subsidiary of them so if there's anything in there.. i will look at them and report back.. that's all i'm going to do tonight.. tommrow morning i will look at what ancestry provides for me.. and what ever source able stuff we can use for that line to work on mp's

Michael

Yes, this information looks good to me.

1) Get it into the profile overviews if there's nothing there yet. Again - separate it out to the immediate family - parents, spouses, child list
2) then work on the children in tree view, ensuring they are associated with the correct parents
3) meanwhile we'll MP with curator notes
4) endure the correct spouses are there & in the correct order
5) if there are any relationships that need disconnecting, post the link so a PRO can do that
6) the last step will be to resolve data conflicts & field lock the cited / sourced data field values
7) repeat up, down & around the Rundlett tree. Merge in any duplicates to the MP.

By working one family group at a time you get to know the area & will start to recognize patterns, such as dates, locations, associated families. It will then be much easier to spot "this does not fit" issues.

I actually think we're getting close to locking this up (I hope)

in the about info for charles rundlett.. you have the info linked to his brother the lt that info should be on the lt's page and what i posted above about charles should be in there and the roots web link should link to charles and not his brother the lt.. i'm going to take the data in the about me that should be on lt james rundlett's page and move it there and add the new info that i found on charles and point the link to charles and not james the lt.. is that ok?

thing is since charles is a mp it's locked up datawise right? the correct link for charles should be http://worldconnect.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&am... also i noticed there are 2 mary rundletts one in maine the other in nh..
and the data rootsweb file for charles.. states that his children with lydia ladd Charles III RUNDLET
Nathaniel RUNDLET
Elizabeth RUNDLET
Mary RUNDLET
Anna RUNDLET
and the geni profile says Father of Charles Rundlett; Lydia Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Nathaniel Rundlett; Ruth Kinniston; John Clark, II; James Rundlett; Mary Huntoon; Daniel Rundlett; Anne Chase; Catherine Rundlett; Theophilus Rundlett; Anna Rundlett; James Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Sarah Rundlett; Mary Rundlett; Nancy Rundlett; Josiah Rundlett; Sachwell Clark; Children to be added; john randlett hmm...

getting ancestry hints is good finding more then one source for a person good but if they had links to his children on ancestry lumped into one page instead of me having to source and search one by one.. that would be even better...

Showing 31-60 of 124 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion