Johannes, Graf von Kleve - Death date????

Started by Maria Magdalena van Zyl on Thursday, September 19, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
9/19/2013 at 2:45 AM

Dear Justin
According to the birth and death dates Johannes von Kleve was 8 years old when he died. I do not think he was married then or could have had a child, there seems to be an error here.
Have a nice day
Maria

9/19/2013 at 7:03 AM

Maria,

just a thought, but the 'circa' in front of his birth year means 'estimate.' Of course if Johannes is not my 41st great-grandfather, I'd like to know who is too.

I know Justin is kind of busy right now, and I have a stake in your discovery.

Hope your day is good one too.

Danny

John Smith
9/19/2013 at 8:49 AM

Maria and Danny,
After taking a quick look at Johannes, count of Cleves and this section of the Graf von Kleve tree, I find that quite a few of the men is these profiles are in a similar situation to the one mentioned.
This leads me to believe that Justin Durand has simply not yet sourced the actual dates for the births and deaths of these persons, but has given himself a rough estimate of the time-span for this line as his research continues. I find no error, only a work in progress.
Patience, please . . .while professionals proceed. : )
But of course I should let my Collaborative Cousin speak for himself . . .
and now that he and Johannes have been tagged in this conversation he may, when he has a few moments to spare. -W.

9/19/2013 at 9:47 AM

Thanks W,

Private User
9/20/2013 at 4:12 AM

@Johannes, count of Cleves is my 40th grt grandfather Judy Rice

9/20/2013 at 8:10 PM

Sorry for the late response. These profiles are a mythical line. I'll do some more research and get them clearly labeled as such. This is part of a fictional genealogy constructed for the Counts of Cleves in medieval times to show that they were descendants of The Swan Knight. Probably the earliest historical person in the line will turn out to be Eberhard I. I need to verify that.

For this whole line, the birth dates are wild guesses based on a narrative that has names but no dates. The problem here was that someone entered profiles with the supposed birth dates in the the death date field. When those duplicates were merged, we ended up with some very short lives.

I want to remind everyone that these are all shared profiles. Just because there's a curator doesn't mean someone else can't do research and make corrections. I try to lock fields very sparingly because I hope that other users will make corrections as needed. In short, you don't need to wait for me if you know the right answer.

9/21/2013 at 9:33 AM

Thank you Justin for your reply. Maria

6/4/2019 at 6:33 PM

If this is a mythical line, it really needs to be updated as such.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion