Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 47 posts
Private
9/10/2013 at 9:22 PM

Found this by accident

Shropshire, Kinlet - Parents of Elizabeth Blount Sir John Blount 1531 and wife Catherine daughter of Sir Hugh Peshall of Knightley and Isabel Stanley of Elford. John was knighted by Henry Vll after the Battle of Bosworth and was a member of his bodyguard, his children being brought up largely at Court. Children 1. George Blount (d 1582) married Constance daughter of John Talbot) 2. Henry Blount of Bewdley married Johanna daughter of John Somervile of Edreston 3. Elizabeth Blount (d c1540) mistress of Henry Vlll, mother of Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond.....married firstly Gilbert 1st Lord Tailboys d1531 and secondly Edward Clinton, 1st Earl of Lincoln d1585 4. Rosa Blount married William Grisling 5. Anna/ Agnes Blount married Richard Lacon of Willey who inherited the estate. 6.. Isabella Blount married William Reade of Oatland 7. William 8. Albora

9/10/2013 at 11:28 PM

Related to Bessie Blount????

Is the Geni tree in tip top shape on the Reade's? Contribute proof!

9/10/2013 at 11:35 PM

Thank you Robert for posting this.

Here is a link to Sir John Blount who is father of the Isabella Reade
The only problem is his wife Catherine Peshall is connected as dau. of Humphrey Peshall and Helena Swynnerton instead of Sir Hugh Peshall & Isabel Stanley as in your reference and the 3 others that are posted on her "About".
Sir John Blount, Kt., MP

Are you sure this William Reade is the correct husband for Isabella Blount? In your reference it says he is of Oatland but the Profile & sources for William Reade says Wickford, co. Essex, born Beccles, Suffolk, England.

If you could give me a link to the reference I possibly could upload a copy to Documents and source /tag the Profiles.

Private
9/12/2013 at 4:06 AM
Private
9/12/2013 at 4:39 AM

I didn't trace this down but came across it and thought I would post it, im just a novice at this genealogy, you guys are way more advanced then me, I didn't know someone else had posted that. Daughters of John Blount 1531 and Catherine Peshall www.flickr.com/photos/52219527@N00/4712389512/ -
Children brought up largely at court ++ -
1. Isabella Blount (?) married William Reade of Oatland
2. Elizabeth Blount (d c1540) ++mistress of Henry Vlll, mother of Henry Fitzroy, Duke of Richmond - m1Gilbert 1st Lord Tailboys d1531 and m2 Edward Willougby of Clinton 1st Earl of Lincoln d1585
3. Rosa Blount (?) married William Grisling

++In 1516 Hall the chronicler says that "Mistress Blount exceeded all other damsels "in singing, dancing and in all goodly pastimes" so that she soon won Henry Vll's heart and showed him much favour that in 1519 she bore him a son. Before then she had been married off to Gilbert Talboys, son of the made Lord Kyme, who had been in Wolsey's service. Henry bought for them Blackmore Manor, where Henry Fitzroy was born . The cuckolded Talboys was knighted, became JP and MP in Lincolnshire and received a peerage before he died in 1530. Elizabeth then married a neighbour, young Edward Willoughby Lord Clinton being buried in Lincolnshire www.flickr.com/photos/60861613@N00/4386331922/ possibly at South Kyme
Spouse(s)
Gilbert Tailboys, 1st Baron Tailboys of Kyme
Edward Clinton, 1st Earl of Lincoln Henry FitzRoy, 1st Duke of Richmond and Somerset
Elizabeth Tailboys, 4th Baroness Tailboys of Kyme
George Tailboys, 2nd Baron Tailboys of Kyme
Robert Tailboys, 3rd Baron Tailboys of Kyme
Bridget Clinton, Lady Dymoke
Catherine Clinton, Baroness Burgh

Father
Sir John Blount of Kinlet
Mother
Catherine Pershall
Born
Kinlet, Shropshire
Died
c. January 1540 (aged 42)
Unknown
Blount was the daughter of Sir John Blount and Catherine Pershall, of Kinlet, Bridgnorth, Shropshire. Sir John Blount was a loyal, if unremarkable, servant to the English Royal family, who accompanied King Henry to France in 1513 when he waged war against Louis XII of France.

Little is known of Elizabeth Blount's early years, except for her reputation as a beauty, and for her famous affair with King Henry VIII (born in 1491, he was about nine years older than "Bessie"). There is no known portrait of her in existence. As a young girl, she came to the King's Court as a maid-of-honour to the King's wife, Catherine of Aragon. It was there that the young teenager caught the eye of the King and became his mistress during 1514 or 1515, a relationship which continued for about eight years.[5]
theres a lot on them on wiki..and I don't know how much is true and how correct the records are I just thought it might be something to look at. I would have no idea where to even begin looking for records when it pertains to England, I but I have noticed with the right records and the right people in there place there leaves little to error. I have a hard enough time with my tree they would have to marry cousins.

9/12/2013 at 10:10 AM

Why do you believe that William Read, Esq, of Wickford is the William mentioned in the Shropshire, Kinlet - Parents of Elizabeth Blount article, there is no information about him other than 'of Oatland'

Do you have another reference that would link him to Isabella Blount & parents Honorable John Reed, Sheriff of Norfolk and Joan Mary Ludlow, or Isabella as the mother of the son Roger Reade, of Wickford ?

There is no mention of a Isabella Blount on William Read, Esq, of Wickford or Roger Reade, of Wickford profile 'About' or 'Sources'.

I did upload the link as a source http://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000022496210061 for Bessie Blount

The way to do this is on the Profile, select the 'Source' Tab, then 'Add Source', then 'Add A New Document', then 'Post A New Link', from the screen you would then Enter the URL or web address of a document, & select the button 'Upload Documents'.

After it is uploaded as a document, you can 'Cite' the sources on the Profile (which I recommend or it will not be shown on the Profiles sources. I usually enter the information on each item.

If you want to tag another profile to the document you will need to exit and re-open it, I go to my 'Documents' and open it from there (you will find a link to your Documents' by selecting 'Reseach' at the very top of the Geni Page.) or you can right click the link next to the thumbnail photo of the document in the 'Source tab' on a Profile. You would then need to select to 'Edit' from the documents 'Action' menu so you can add/paste the 6000000003147154150 portion of the Profiles Catherine Blount, in the 'People' section, 'No Results Found. Search More' will pop up and you need to select 'Search More' to find the Profile, then click on the name and select 'Save'.

The features 'Zoom', 'Rotate', & 'Identify' are no longer working on Documents but the 'View Full Size' & 'Visit URL' are.

I usually have at least two windows open one to view the Document and another the Profile so I can enter the Profiles and source them easier.

I will connect Isabella Blount to her parents, and try to see why Catherine Peshall seems to be connected to the wrong parents.

9/12/2013 at 1:37 PM

Bessie Blount

Elizabeth "Bessie Blount" Tailboys-Fiennes (Blount) [Mistress of King Henry VIII] is my third cousin 15 times removed.

Not through a Reade line though.

Private thank you for the info you posted - I love this period of English history (spicy!)

It's also important to learn because it sets the stage for the migrations of my English ancestors to America.

I see in my inbox I messaged 8/5/2013 the managers of Catherine Peshall about her parents being listed in references as Sir Hugh Peshall & Isabel Stanley instead of Humphrey Peshall and Helena Swynnerton, but have not heard anything back. :(

9/12/2013 at 3:19 PM

Thank you for the link, Erica Howton, I will eventually get it uploaded and sourced, bit busy now with the Vandalized profiles.

It wasn't any help about the daughter Isabella Blount & the connection with William Reade, nothing other then him being of Oatland.

I will also probably eventually change Catherine Peshall's parents.

9/12/2013 at 5:09 PM

I'll keep looking for who William Reade of Oatland might have been ...

9/17/2013 at 11:37 AM

Corey I saw that - they do a good job. So the marriage is secure - but who was William Reade of Oatland?

Anyone try finding "Oatland" ?

9/20/2013 at 2:40 PM

Personally I believe that he was the daughter of King Tiglath Pileser I of Assyria (c. 1200 BC), my and everyone else's 88th grandfather, and had a sex operation. It is amazing, and so encouraging, that we find on Geni that people can have such active sex-lives after their deaths. It makes sense, of course, one doesn't have to pay for the children and can leave the money (if any)to oneself in the will. The only problem that I can see is finding a nice luscious girl, or if you are a woman a boy, with a taste for necrophilia. Can Geni help?

I am sure that Andrew Robert George can provide you with proof positive that Oatland is a well-known place-name in Assyria.

Mark

9/20/2013 at 3:18 PM

You know, that could explain why I can't find my 3rd great grandmother, Lucinda Reed

Nice photo of Lucinda Converse, Erica

9/20/2013 at 5:58 PM

I keep hoping there might be stock waiting for me ...

Private
9/20/2013 at 9:12 PM

Aah Mark its not all that bad...Oatlands is a village, before acquiring its own churches, part of Weybridge which remains its post town, in the north of the English county of Surrey on low, verdant ridges partially overlooking the River Thames. Oatlands acquired its name from the Royal Tudor and Stuart Oatlands Palace, the site of which is now a luxury hotel.

Private
9/20/2013 at 9:17 PM

Oatlands is the name of many places:
In Australia Oatlands, Tasmania Oatlands, New South Wales, a suburb of Sydney
In the United KingdomOatlands, Glasgow, Scotland
Oatlands, Surrey, England

Private
9/20/2013 at 9:40 PM

Westhall Manor
William Rede exchanged his Oatlands Palace for Tandridge Priory including this manor with King Henry VIII. However, he died before the grant was completed, leaving as heir his infant son John Rede to whom the king on 2 January 1538 granted the priory of Tandridge, including the manor of Warlingham or Westhall. Sir Robert Clayton of Marden, Godstone and of Bletchingley held this from 1674-1707. His nephew, Sir William Clayton, inherited his estates and, after this, the manor continued to be held by the Claytons with the manor of Bletchingley, until the estate was subdivided.[2]

Private
9/20/2013 at 9:54 PM

well its not Oatlands it...Otelands...Inventory of Henry VIII of England I did find this but nothing as to Isabella and William...of oteland it is possible the 2 are the same since it is the same locality I guess

Manor of Otelands , in the charge of Sir Anthony Brown , Master of ... Hampton Court

9/20/2013 at 10:39 PM

This is promising Robert, thank you. So is their child John Rede, born before 1538?

Any chance he sent a fisherman descendant to Gloucester MA?:)

9/20/2013 at 11:02 PM

The William Reade, Esq. of Wickford which is in co. Essex died 1534 he had a son Roger Reade of Wickford & dau. who married a _ Stonard.

They don't seem like the same William Reade.

Here are 2 Charts
http://archive.org/stream/cu31924029787458#page/n179/mode/1up
http://www.geni.com/documents/view?doc_id=6000000016669823015

Private
9/28/2013 at 3:13 AM

Either the William Reed of outland the number on the birth are mixed ...it shows him about 100yrs before William of Essex....died 1435...(1534) mixed numbers..im not sure, it gets confusing for me . but its possible the years are wrong. it shows that William of outland had a son roger also..i was looking for (gallop) back there and ran across that, I thought I would share it. I do know that land maps and areas changed , just like they did here in the new world , with some of the states. I haven't pin pointed Outland yet . and there is room for error in the genealogy years I would suppose. Please remember I am still a beginner at this .I looked at both the Gene. Docs - Carole- its like I say if its on paper, how can you disagree not that I am , I don't know who William of outland is . but is there room for error in the years? or was there 2 Wm's or was this Wm a cousin or even related i'll still look or are they the same I don't know.

11/28/2013 at 2:05 AM

The eldest son JOHN REDE of Norwich m Joan Ludlow and d 11 Nov 1502 leaving, with other issue, THOMAS REDE of Beccles who m Philippa Bacon and had five sons: 1 WILLIAM his heir, 2 John of Norwich warden of New College Oxon in 1520 d in 1521, 3 Alan Prior or Abbot of Waltham in 1507, 4 Edward sheriff of Norfolk in 1508 and MP m Izod Stanley and by her, who d in 1524, was father of Sir Peter Rede knighted by the Emperor CHARLES V after the siege of Tunis; he twice had a grant of arms which are emblazoned on his picture in the town of Norwich and d in 1568, and V Thomas in holy orders rector of Beccles d in 1548. The eldest son WILLIAM REDE of Beccles m in 1538 the dau of Tooley of Catton and d in 1545 leaving with six daus two sons: I THOMAS of whom presently, II William of London m Anne dau of William Fearnley of Creeling and d in 1552 having had by her, who m 2ndly Sir Thomas Gresham, two sons William Sir Knt of Beccles in 1551 m 1st Gertrude dau of Erasmus Paston and 2ndly dau of W Goldsmith and d in 1592 having had, with a dau, m to Sir Michael Stanhope two sons: Thomas Sir who m Mildred dau of Thomas Cecil Earl of Exeter and Francis m the relict of Lord Cobhan and left four daus. Richard commissioner of the Court of Requests. The eldest son THOMAS REDE Esq of Beccles m 1st Margaret dau of __Quintz Esq and 2ndly the widow of John Goldingham Esq and d in 1554 having had three sons. Francis in holy orders incumbent of Ellough; George of Thorington m Ann dau of Sir Anthony Lee; and JOHN of Beccles and Weston. The third son, JOHN REDE Esq who built Weston Hall was MP for Guildford in 1547 and sheriff of Surrey in 1575. He m Ursula Cooke and had by her, who d 31 July 1602, several sons and daus. This gentleman, who sold the estate of Oatlands, d 6 March 1605.

11/28/2013 at 2:18 AM

red and gold, Ancient tradition of the origin of the arms of rede or read (Reod, Reade)

Showing 1-30 of 47 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion