Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge - Correct Naming Format for Catherine, Duchess of Windsor

Started by Sharon Doubell on Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-41 of 41 posts

It has nothing to do with names.
Titles is work/event related - i.e. a time limited value, so you should manually add it as an event onto the timeline.

I see it's been changed back. There is little more I can do. Please message Ofir with your suggestions if you feel strongly.

Duchess or Princess? Here is an interesting article on the subject, following the filing of the new baby's birth certificate: https://socialreader.com/me/content/7nFLO

I can see why she wouldn't want to be Princess William, how archaic!

The surname of the descendants of Queen Elizabeth II who bear royal styles and titles is Windsor (under the terms of the letterws patent of 1960). The name Mountbatten-Windsor only comes into play for the descendants who are not HRH or Prince or Princess.

The surname of Prince William is Windsor, and his wife and son are also Windsor.

It is interesting that when Prince was officially registered acouple of weeks ago no surname was actually given on the birth certificate.

Isn't it? :-)

I have found the following on "The official website of the British Monarchy" concerning the Royal Family name:

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/TheRoyalFamilyname/Ov...

" ... all The Queen's children, on occasions when they needed a surname, would have the surname Mountbatten-Windsor."

"For the most part, members of the Royal Family who are entitled to the style and dignity of HRH Prince or Princess do not need a surname, but if at any time any of them do need a surname (such as upon marriage), that surname is Mountbatten-Windsor."

"Unless The Prince of Wales chooses to alter the present decisions when he becomes king, he will continue to be of the House of Windsor and his grandchildren will use the surname Mountbatten-Windsor."

I think the problem is that we are so used to filling boxes with first name, surname etc that many of us find it difficult to understand that some (very few) people do not have, or need, surnames!! :)

She is, always was, and always will be Kate Middleton. Duchess of Cambridge is her title. That, pure and simple.

Duchess of Cambridge- Catherine is my 15th cousin once removed, on my Fathers side.

Showing 31-41 of 41 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion