Alpaïs, daughter of Charlemagne & Amaltrude - Smerged locked profiles! Alpais d.o. Charlemagne with Alpaida d.o. Louis I

Started by Sharon Doubell on Thursday, July 18, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Thankyou Justin; and I also re-found the Henry Project link http://sbaldw.home.mindspring.com/hproject/prov/alpai000.htm that you'd pointed me in the direction of before.

Settipani discusses the debate about the paternity of Alpais, preferring the theory that Emperor Charles I was her father[69]. If Emperor Louis was her father, it is unlikely that she was born before [793/94], given his known birth date in 778. It would therefore be chronologically tight for her to have had [three] children by her husband before his death in 816.

But actually not really because it makes her 23yrs old when he dies. Charlemagne’s wife Hildegard had had 9 children by the time she died at 23 or 24yrs.

Interesting too that all the contemporary sources like The French & German Wikipedia, & Stewart Baldwin seem to have solidified the previously (2011) more tentative thoughts about Louis 1 as the dad.

Thanks for adding that. I like to give near-contemporary sources the benefit of the doubt where possible, so what you're saying follows my natural inclination. I could be persuaded otherwise if there was either a glaring error or a political motivation for faking, but where the only objection is that the chronology is "tight" ...

Agreed!

http://gw.geneanet.org/geneta?lang=fr;p=louis;n=de+francie

look at the name
we have to deal with translation over translation
are we looking for the right name
the power of writing have been hijack from/to international world wide language at this time?

:-) Look at the aka Martin. You have your finger on the nub of the problem (French idiomatic translation?) for this era, and this name.
what is gained and lost in international translation is fertile ground for a Discussion hmmm :-)?

Okay - I've given up trying to leave all 3 possibilities for Beggue's wives open:

*Amaudra
*Alpaida
*Alpaïs, Abbess of St-Pierre & Reims

My 2011 stand to keep all 3 open, has obviously not worked - even if in the longer run than was predicted; and despite having locked it all down :-(
I will now attach Count Beggue to only one of his 3 possible wives. At the moment, I'm inclining towards the third.

we been hijack by authority each side..by rulers that dont reflect our beleiving

they play modify with records but now with thechologie and human soul we can find evrything

just for french naming we can have few name for the same person

Showing 31-38 of 38 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion