(Major) William Bradford IV - wives

Started by Lisa Ann Orosco on Wednesday, July 3, 2013
Showing all 11 posts
7/3/2013 at 12:41 AM

It appears as though William had been married 3 times. I do not know which wife was 2nd and which was 3rd. Alice (Richards) seems t have been his 1st wife. It also seems as though he had children with each wife. Twelve with Alice. One?with wife no. 2 and two? with wife no. 3.

7/3/2013 at 12:51 AM

It is only a guess, but I am thinking Mary Atwood was wife no. 3 and that is only based on the fact she was the younger of the 2 women.

7/3/2013 at 12:52 AM

Lisa - merge your profiles into the Master Profiles here

Maj. William Bradford, Jr., Dep. Gov. of Plymouth Colony

The questions should be easily answered by following the MP

Private User
7/6/2013 at 9:03 PM

Erica, should we put a curator note on Maj. William Bradford, Jr., Dep. Gov. of Plymouth Colony listing his wives and his issue with each? If kept simple, it *should* fit.

7/6/2013 at 11:01 PM

I don't know the answer to the 2nd wife question & await instructions from descendants / family / researchers on how best represented in Geni. See the profiles wife of Francis Griswold and wife of Francis Griswold

I was under the impression Lt Francis Griswold only had one wife, who survived him, and married Maj. Bradford, where she had an additional child (or 2?) with him.

I've made a "family" section in Maj. Bradford's profile "overview.". It takes someone more talented than I to fit 14 children in 255 characters on a curator text box. :)

8/19/2013 at 9:59 PM

Erica, Hi. I recently finished putting in all the info I have and am just now getting to the posts I've received. I don't know how to merge the profile. Let me know how to do that and I'll be glad to. Thanks.

8/19/2013 at 10:53 PM

Lisa Ann Orosco

You're doing great & your contributions are really appreciated. I think I got a lot merged together for you but we'll have to check it out and make sure the 14 children !!!! are all correct.

A "Master Profile" is curated - it looks a little different in the tree, with a Royal Purple frame around it. If a profile is confusing we can "float a short note" on top, but you'll only see that in the full profile view (opening it up) or in merge view.

And if a profile already exists that you'd like to contribute more information to, you can "request to be added as a manager" and gain the edit rights. Even easier - collaborate! Then you have edit rights to the same profiles I do, and they'll show in your tree.

This is a lot to take in at once and I'll post some links with screen shots. The main thing I have to say is -

Thank you for your help, and welcome to Geni.

9/1/2013 at 11:27 PM

Glad to be of help. I'm going to save and star this msg. for future reference. I'm new to this and just learning. Thanks for the encouragement.

9/20/2013 at 11:18 PM

Hey, I have a question for you... I can't remember who, but someone mentioned beginning an additional line. Do you know how to start an extra line other than the one that begins with me? I have been able to track a line for Clodius, Duke of the East Franks all the way back to Genesis. I once found the link all the way to my family but don't currently have it and I don't want to speculate. I would like to post what I DO have, but at least for now, I don't have the info necessary to bridge the gap so I just want to post what I currently have.

9/21/2013 at 12:32 AM

Lisa - those profiles are already on Geni, please don't duplicate back to Clodius (sob). If there's a profile you'd like to "add to your tree," request management from profile view, actions menu, request management. But then of course you're expected to help maintain it - are you sure you want to do that? By collaborating you can "see" everything there is ...

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion