Job Chandler - Job Chandler b.1630

Started by Dan Cornett on Friday, June 21, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
6/21/2013 at 11:03 AM

If he was born in England, he was not likely to be the son of the "Ancient Planter" John Chandler, l and the widow Elizabeth Lupo (Elizabeth Lupo / Chandler) -- nor is he identified as issue of that couple.

Disconnecting, for now, unless / until evidence is provided he was indeed their son and not an immigrant.

6/21/2013 at 8:32 PM

Agree. Take a look at the wife's profile - there's good notes about him including will records. Also the wife's birth date looks off & she has too many husband's. there's a good Rootsweb database for that covers MD & the Northern Neck of VA - I'll look & see if there's clarity from those records. But geographically his plantation was not near Jamestown.

6/21/2013 at 10:06 PM

Son of EDWARD Chandler.

I've connected him to the correct father - not sure it's the correct mother.

I find this guide very reliable

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=mrmar...

Besides the indentures & probate notes covered in detail, the underlying source material is:

- Early Families of Southern Maryland, Volume: 8 - 2009, in copyright
- Adventurers of Purse and Person Virginia 1607-1624/5. Fourth Edition. Volume III, Families R-Z

6/21/2013 at 10:07 PM

PS NOT a brother of Richard Chandler. The known children of Edward Chandler of Ware have been added to his profile overview

6/21/2013 at 11:00 PM

Dan

What do you think of this Daniel Chandler
Daniel Chandler

Versus this one

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=mrmar...

6/22/2013 at 9:17 AM

The question it raises: Which John Chandler is Daniel the son of?

If the 'rootsweb Daniel' was born in England, was that during a trip his parents made? (which was not that unusual at the time, as I recall).

And there is the factor of the mother Sarah (rootsweb) vs. Mary (Geni); however, the Geni-father John is noted as having a 2nd wife of unknown first name, and there's no declared connection between their sons (Daniel & John III) and which was mother.

The land grant's given to Geni-father John Chandler, II are consistent with one of the grants 'patented' by Daniel, so (to me) that increases the likelihood that the 'rootsweb' Daniel is the same.

HOWEVER; that 'rootsweb' chain leads from Daniel to a John to an Edward Chandler (maybe the same one noted in this discussion as father of Job Chandler) ... which would (if you follow 'rootsweb' make this Daniel the son of John Chandler, of Wicoccomoco & Sarah Chandler, not the son of John Chandler, II & Mary Chandler

6/22/2013 at 9:26 AM

It's pretty likely there was a John-son-of-Ancient-Planter-John Chandler (John Chandler, II), but I'm thinking that maybe the current Geni "About" for this John Chandler, II has been co-mingled (by researchers, not just Geni merges) with the John-son-of Edward Chandler (John Chandler, of Wicoccomoco).

Which raises the further question of who are the children of the John-son-of-Ancient-Planter-John Chandler (John Chandler, II)?

I haven't paid detailed attention to the land-grants mentioned in the various profiles; figuring out the various locations of those land-grants and how close/far apart they are may help resolve who belongs where. (not today, for me!)

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion