Col William Randolph, II - Jane Randolph Cheek

Started by Deanna Garrod on Wednesday, June 19, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
6/19/2013 at 3:22 PM

Can you tell me why that Jane Cheek is showing in the immediate Family information as one of William Randolph's daughter
but does not have her listed under the Children of William Randolph and Mary Isham with the others? It shows 9 children but
Jane is not listed?
Thanks for any information. My relative is Jane Randolph Cheek that I have and wanting to make sure this is the correct one.

6/20/2013 at 8:59 AM

She is there see the spots with ------------ the - on each side. expand the show more part
William Randolph, II MP
Place of Burial: Randolph Family Cemetery Presque Isle, Turkey Island, Henrico, Virginia
Birth: circa 1651
Death: April 11, 1711 (60)
Turkey Island, Henrico, Virginia
Immediate Family:
Son of Henry Randolph and Judith Randolph
Husband of Mary Randolph (Isham)
Father of Councilor William Randolph; Thomas Randolph of Tuckahoe; Col. Isham Randolph; Col Richard Randolph "of Curles"; Henry Randolph; Capt. Edward Randolph of Bremo; Mary Stith; Sir John Randolph of Tazwell; Elizabeth Bland; --------- Jane Cheek------------- and Robert Randolph « less
Brother of Dorothy Randolph; Mary Randolph; Richard Randolph; Thomas Randolph; John Randolph and 2 others

Jane Cheek (Randolph) MP
Birth: February 21, 1694
Hinton, Waldrist, Berkshire, England
Death: April 30, 1745 (51)
Warren County, Province of North Carolina
Immediate Family:
Daughter of ------ Col William Randolph, II and Mary Randolph (Isham) -------
Wife of Richard Cheek, Sr.
Mother of Elizabeth Burney (Cheek); Jane Tyson; William Cheek; Robert Cheek; James Cheek and 2 others
Sister of Councilor William Randolph; Thomas Randolph of Tuckahoe; Col. Isham Randolph; Col Richard Randolph "of Curles"; Henry Randolph and 5 others

2/13/2019 at 1:28 PM

At the risk of becoming very unpopular, I find no evidence for the existence of a Jane Randolph, daughter of William Randolph and Mary Isham--never mind whether or not she married a man named Cheek. Google "William Randolph" and "Mary Isham" and the only daughters listed for them are Elizabeth and Mary. No Jane. The widely published conventional wisdom is that William and Mary had 9 children who survived childhood--7 sons and 2 daughters. Again, no daughter named Jane. If there is credible evidence for the existence of this Jane Randolph Cheek, I'm sure I'm just one of many who would love to see it.

9/29/2019 at 9:00 PM

Agreed. Jane Cheek Is not a known child of Col. William Randolph, II, of ‘Turkey Island’ & Mary Randolph

Disconnected from parents and locked relationships.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion