Waldrada von Hornbach - Will the real father of, 'Matfrède I, Comte d´Orléans-Eifelgua', please stand up!

Started by Mary Susan Newton on Monday, June 3, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
6/3/2013 at 11:32 PM

As a Genealogist, integrity is everything but that is not exactly historically accurate of the trade nor is it true. The art and talent of manipulating pedigrees is not for the faint of heart nor the weak stomached. In the past, only two things resulted, you either forged a success and elevated your (or your masters) family or you were caught, imprisoned, tortured and/or executed. I realize there's currently not any 'Public' academic proof or evidence to prove Matfrid I d'Orleans parentage but... Waldrada von Hornbach and Adrian von Vintzgau (second only to, Matfrid being the son of Lambert (Lando) von Hornbach, himself), are the most plausible parents. Considering the rules of dynastic wedlock which is historically evident to be the practice, along with keeping the bloodline pure (thus racial purity), which was a carry over from Israel and the current practice of modern Jewry.

Many times you want to throw your hands up in the air and just quit but that is when 'Passion' takes over. Genealogy, is a mainly a jigsaw puzzle that utilizes logical and deductive reasoning. A 'Historians' job and duty is to keep things by the book, the agreed upon fraternal curriculum of information. A 'Genealogist's' job is to cross those bounds (knowing most legitimate Royal and Noble families are all related), depending on logical lineal ascent and descent within the 'Web' of relations. Then utilize as many resources (Thanks to the Historians, whom compiled the data), to prove their theory of familial, bloodline relations.

The reason why, it is much easier to figure out genealogical connections now as apposed to even ten years ago (due to the Information age, the Internet and Computers), is based on a few elements: One, modern flow of information, two, easier access to archival resources (many of which, in the past were unknown or impossible to access) and three, cross referencing multiple resources.

It would be neat if a piece of software were written that could take all the bits and data we have of historical people and their familial connections... I wonder what a computer would render as the plausible relations within a Royal and Noble family tree. How exciting it would be to compile genetic data as well? Although, we'd have to exhume as many graves as possible, but it would be worth the effort. Of course, 'the powers that be' and that fake royal family, the current reigning Monarchs of Great Britain wouldn't want that now, would they?

If a bastard like Victoria can be elevated to the 'Queen of Great Britain', by faking her genealogy and lying about who here 'real' father was... Well anyone with enough money can be a Monarch. It is sad that many people are sold on the BS... And don't get me started on that pretender 'Louis XX (whom claims to be the Duke of Anjou - He's not an Anjou and it's evident by the fact that his main (if not the only) connection is through the illegitimate 'Bastard Queen' Victoria!)'. Titles are not pieces of paper, to be bought and sold, it's bloodline... You're born in to it or you are not.

Oh, Victoria was legitimate? Prove it with a genetic test.

He wasn't the first person to say it but he was the most quaint about it... "History is a set of lies agreed upon." - Napoleon

My point is, Matfrid I, d´Orléans (unless he was the second coming of Christ... !?!) had to have parents. Those parents have to make sense in the genealogy, the timeline and the area, in which he or they lived. With all the evidence we do have surrounding Matfrid I, d´Orléans, who could be his most plausible parents?

6/4/2013 at 2:14 PM

I retract this statement:

"I realize there's currently not any 'Public' academic proof or evidence to prove Matfrid I d'Orleans parentage but... Waldrada von Hornbach and Adrian von Vintzgau (second only to, Matfrid being the son of Lambert (Lando) von Hornbach, himself), are the most plausible parents."

The statement I made is not true. None of us know whether or not there is information to prove anything. This is where talent and skill in researching and asking the right questions is most valuable.

A person cannot even substantiate any evidence to prove they exist to themselves... This is a paradox and it is on this basis that I retract my previous statement in favor of the all optimistic approach that the truth is our there... somewhere.

In this case, the truth of Matfrid I, d'Orleans ancestry is out there... And I believe his genealogy is stored in the Vatican Archives, vaulted away.

6/4/2013 at 8:20 PM

I'm afraid that Mattfried I, count of Orléans's parents will be perpetually unknown.

MedLands, an increasingly reputable source, although not above criticism, has this to say:

http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/FRANKISH%20NOBILITY.htm#_Toc169575361

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion