Elizabeth Woodville (Wydeville), Queen consort of England - Elizabeth Wydiville

Started by Judith Bateman on Saturday, June 1, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-39 of 39 posts

The White Queen has been a fantastic aide to understanding the War of Roses....and hope they show it in History classes to younger teens, minus the skin ofcourse....LOL What a brilliant piece of work she has done: Especially on the SECOND SIGHT of Lady RIVERS: That's a for Real experience and some have that gift....Truly. DCR

How many episodes have there been? I saw two on demand earlier in the week. Very enjoyable.

3rd instalment coming up Saturday....just brilliant. dcr

So interested in this discussion about this beautiful women. She id my 6th cousin 14X removed. I am now reading She Wolves by Helen Castor which has a section on Margaret, wife of Henry VI, and contains some interesting information about these times.
Best wishes
Daphne Beames

Poor H.VI: hearaled as nearly the Christ Child . King of Both FRANCE & England yet his nature was not suited for the THRONE and his mother had a second family to raise....He got left behind....I understand him....Utterly. DCR

When I went to the Ruins of Carew Castle in Tenby, the first Tidal-Driven Mill Complex in England....it had a profound effect on my outlook. (The design was FRENCH fyi and they cleverly captured the water from high tides and then released it to turn a grist wheel). " Standing 40 feet High from Hip to Shoulder the Grey Stone Turrets Pierced the Sweating September Air, Gap-Toothed the fortress fallen walls still had the dignity chiseled into every stone that lay strewn upon the damp ground. The Turrets fairly reached above the raged walls yet anoter25 feet or so, and continue to defend the Castle to this very day....900 years after being set in place. This is the place my ancestors walked, talked, made plans for the region and kidnapped the beautiful NESTA....and 2 sons. The escape by the only passage no one thought to look to was the Chamber nearest the FRONT Gate....Gerald DeWindsor took what was not his to take, and set Wales Ablaze in a Civil WAr.....To gain the beautiful NESTA back....It took time, and the Fortress has stood it's ground all these centuries....keeping it's SECRETS for it's descendents tp discover, one stone and one step at a time.".....DCR

I just found out that she is my second cousin 15 times removed and have been trying to soak up anything and everything about her, including the show the white queen. I think so far the show has been pretty close to history. good show either way.

Good Show indeed....Those are our family members fighting and dying and I can't imagine a better suprise than to find out that one has a deep blood connection.....We connect by the Dolliver Family fyi, and I Urger you to go to Wales as soon as you can to see for yourself the LAND that gave rise to the FREE spirit of it's citizens....Passion and Ardour are the Halmarks of this race, so if you see it in your own children or relatives you can appreciate it's source....Kind Regards DCR.

I'll be sure to check out this book you've mentioned. I've been doing a lot of research on my my family heritage and my wife and daughter would probably be excited to read the book, "The White Queen". How was the movie?

Showing 31-39 of 39 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion