Elizabeth Woodville (Wydeville), Queen consort of England - Elizabeth Wydiville

Started by Judith Bateman on Saturday, June 1, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 39 posts
6/1/2013 at 3:25 AM

During the witching hours of May Day on 1464 Elizabeth Woodville sealed her betrothal with lips as pink as gillyflowers. Later when she married her leman , the King brought her kinsman. to court and as they were called "Rivers" staying they "ran too high""Certes" the Queen was called "Melusine", the devil serpent

6/1/2013 at 7:40 AM

Elizabeth Woodville is my 17th great-grandmother. Have you ever read Philippa Gregory's "The White Queen?" It's a very good book, unfortunately, but, there's going to be a TV show about it, coming out in August, I believe, which will go by the same name. I can't wait for that!

6/1/2013 at 8:17 AM

Judith Bateman is that a quote from Pilippa Gregory's book? If not where is it from?

6/1/2013 at 8:48 AM

I have taken the quote from my imagination. But I am a fan of the "The Queens Grey Mare by Rosemary Hawley Jawman. Emily, congratulations on your relationship to Elizabeth Woodville. Well well have to see what T.V. creates out of Philippa Gregorys book. I am not a fan of "The Other Boleyn Girl"

Private User
6/2/2013 at 4:36 AM

@Elizabeth Woodville Queen consort of England is my 15th great Aunt Judy=Arthur Rice my dad=Israel Tekarihoken Rice his father=Pierre Atawenrate Rice his father=Ignace Awennaietha Deer Rice his father=Marie Madeleine Kiatawinon Deer Rice his mother=Thomas aka Atonwa Aronhiowonen her father=Silas Rice his father=Edmund Rice his father=Elizabeth Rice(King)his mother=Anne King her mother=Henry Collins her father=Ralph Collen his father=Margaret Seymour his mother this is my lineage to my grt aunt Judy Rice

6/2/2013 at 7:21 AM

I'll have to read "The Queen's Grey Mare." Hopefully it's better than "The White Queen!"

7/29/2013 at 2:59 AM

Hello
Elizabeth Woodville is my 6th cousin 14X removed.
I am currently readying The White Queen and while it is not brilliant it does give a lot of insight and information on the period which is very interesting.
Greetings to all of you, cousins.
Daphne Elaine Beames - Cape Town

7/30/2013 at 6:56 AM

Has anyone seen "The White Queen?" It's a new T.V. show on Starz, I think, which focuses on Philippa Gregory's novel of the same name. I've heard it's alright, and that it gets better as the series progresses. I would really like to see it.

7/30/2013 at 10:17 AM

Whether perfect or imperfect, this sort of historical fiction is great because it inspires us to get interested in people and an era in history.

I loved Here Be Dragons for example.

I'll look up 'The White Queen".

7/30/2013 at 12:30 PM

Elizabeth Woodville is my 17th Great Grandmother... I'll have to look for the White Queen on Starz because I am very interested :)
I've watched all of The Tudors and am watching The Borgias :D

7/31/2013 at 6:43 AM

I loved "the Tudors" and "the Borgias!" They're great shows. Melissa, do you descend from Elizabeth of York as well?

7/31/2013 at 8:33 AM

Elizabeth of York is also my 17th Great Grandmother
Both are my 17 Great Grandmothers through Mary Stuart, Countess of Argyll
Elizabeth Woodville through Mary's mother Margaret Home, Countess of Moray
and Elizabeth of York through Mary's father James Stuart, 4th Earl of Moray

8/1/2013 at 12:00 AM

Dear Judith Bateman: I just recognized your last name as the lineage that my Perrott ap Rice 1600 connects to via Thomas Rice 1570 son Of John Rice II of Rickerson....Do you know if your family connects to the Alswyn Martin who Married firstly David ap Rice and after his death marries into Bateman line? That would be distant couns Im quite sure, but Im still working on the Perrottt to John Rice 1624 of DEDHAM connections...just fyi...nice to see your remarks above! DCR 1948 Rices of Nebraska

8/2/2013 at 10:47 AM

Dear Rice family, thankyou so much for your E-mail. Im afraid I have no connection with the Rices, that I know of. I am from Yorkshire. Happy ancestry hunting, Sincerely, Judith Bateman

8/2/2013 at 10:55 AM

Melissa Myer, Im not sure if Im related to Elizabeth of York, If so my connection comes through Lady Janet Fleming, Congratulations on your ancestors, Sincerely, Judith Bateman

Gedaliah Ben Yohanan
8/3/2013 at 1:51 AM

Elizabeth are also my relative and for example Florence Nightingale , The Lady with The Lamp. She was maybe British ,but I have heard her origin was from Italy.

Gedaliah Ben Yohanan
8/4/2013 at 1:15 AM

Elizabeth Woodwille are my 9th cousin 16 times removed.

8/4/2013 at 7:44 AM

Magnus, Elizabeth's mother, Jacquetta of Luxembourg, had a mother who was half Italian. Sorry, that sentence makes no sense. Here's a visual:

Elizabeth Woodville- Jacquetta of Luxembourg-Margaret de Baux-Sueva Ursins. Sueva was Italian, so Elizabeth would be one-eigth Italian.

Gedaliah Ben Yohanan
8/5/2013 at 12:46 AM

Hi, I had discover that we are related as 20th cousin twice removed. I am follower of you now.

8/5/2013 at 9:29 PM

Elizabeth Woodville, Queen consort of England is your 17th great grandmother.
You
→ Linda Sue Cox
your mother → Gladys "Pat" May (Kelley/adopted-Payne) m. Lockwood/Tyler
her mother → Vivian Lucille Kelley/Payne/Smith (Cromer)
her mother → Floyd Cromer
her father → Elizabeth Ann Cromer (Grosvenor)
his mother → Hiram Grosvenor
her father → Nathan Grosvenor
his father → Richard Grosvenor
his father → Leicester Grosvenor, Jr. PVT
his father → Rebecca Grosvenor (Waldo)
his mother → Susanna Waldo (Adams)
her mother → Rebecca Adams (Graves)
her mother → Katherine Graves
her mother → Thomas Grey
her father → Richard Gray
his father → Lord Thomas Grey, III
his father → Thomas Grey, 2nd Marquess of Dorset
his father → Thomas Grey, 1st Marquess of Dorset
his father → Elizabeth Woodville, Queen consort of England
his mother show short path | share this path

8/7/2013 at 2:42 AM

I don't know of any other show than the "White Queen" that combines intensive 15th century politics and military action with court intrigue. I think Phillippa Gregory has done a great job in bringing the Wars of the Roses alive.

8/7/2013 at 8:34 AM

Can't Wait!

8/10/2013 at 9:38 PM

Just enjoyed the premiere of "The White Queen.". Here's their version of the family tree:

http://www.starz.com/originals/TheWhiteQueen/FamilyTree

I'm on "team Jacquetta Rivers" so far.

8/10/2013 at 10:40 PM

I hope to catch a re run, missed it but am on sattelite.....Ms. Erica, did you know that Rachel Dolliver daughter of Samuel Rice is connected diretly to Henry VIII? Geni has just linked my family to the 2nd Earl of Pembroke, and his mother sister to King's son's mother: Edward VI and the entire line of Bastard Children and the legitimate children.....Im stunned to say the least. You are also connected ot Rachael or is it the Ware Family, likewise keeping heady company in the 1500's........The second Jane PERROTT is in my Katherine PERROTT line I think....but not thinking too clearly....JUSTIN? DCR 1948

8/10/2013 at 11:56 PM

Dunno, Dale. I haven't really been following the last few days. I'm pleased you're exploring. What you're seeing is the most ordinary thing in the world, but also one of the most exciting things about genealogy. Every user with colonial American ancestry will see the same kind of thing you're seeing. Once you make that leap back into England, everyone is connected to everyone else through an elaborate web of blood and marriage. Noble ancestors and royal lines are a dime a dozen. Of course, that doesn't make it any less exciting. I always love watching when the light finally dawns!

8/11/2013 at 10:30 AM

I wonder why it was deemed necessary to produce a different 'sexed up' version of the White Queen for the American audience? See the article here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2362662/The-White-Queen-Unc...

Both Elizabeth Woodville and Margaret Beaufort are 14th great grandmothers of mine, and Geni informs me that I am also connected to Anne Neville (2nd cousin 15 times removed). I have found on more than one occasion than I am descended from people on opposing sides of historical events.

8/11/2013 at 8:01 PM

May want to check some of the profiles mentioned in this discussion as many of us share connections to them.

http://www.geni.com/discussions/104057

8/21/2013 at 11:07 AM

Jasper Tudor to Tacinda Tudor to Jane Grey to Jane MERCER.....my connectition may be here at Jane Mercer/Margaret Mercer....sisters? or cousins? if sisters then we have the connection I've been searching for the last year....as Margaret Married Thomas ap Rice 1570 and their Son Perrott ap Rice 1600 is the father of John Rice my ancestor 1624 from East ANglia... I have not seen this family connection yet....ANYONE?????

Private User
8/21/2013 at 5:51 PM

Sheila that's the story of my ancestry......all fighting and beheading each other for centuries,. As for GGM Elizabeth, Marg and Anne I just figure it's great to have them get any exposure on TV; if it makes someone who watches it decide to read their profile on Wikipedia or buy a book about them then that's a great result. And it's time a woman besides Elizabeth I or Mary Queen of Scots get some press....I hope our next step is to show women DID wage war and go into battle alongside their husbands, but we never see that!

8/21/2013 at 6:19 PM

You should be lobbying for a mini-series about Eleanor of Aquitaine!

Showing 1-30 of 39 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion