Crinan 3rd Of Eryvine - Is Erinus Erivine Crinan?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Awww Pam Wilson (on hiatus) that dashes my last hopes for wonderful sources stashed away in your - or anybody's- library. :-)
What you and Bob did to iron out the line's creases seems to have worked remarkably well, as it has made it quite easy to slot in a best possible fit tree. Thanks guys.
PS Can you give me your thoughts on removing "The Gracious' and the crown pic from Crinan's father's profile?

Yes, please remove them. I think they are vestiges of ambiguation with Crinan's son Duncan I. Thanks, Sharon Doubell!

Mwa

Yes! Looks right, Sharon.

Tidbits:
- There is now "generational alignment" (i.e. of birth dates) across the subtrees.
- This arrangement is supported on many websites, some sourced(!).
- Dunegal is (a.k.a.) Duncan of Eskdale, progenitor of the Bonshaw Irvings.
- Eruni married Beatrice (an heiress of Coel Hen)
- Grim didn't really disappear after all ;-)
- Battle of Luncarty as invention of Boece is softly debunked at Wikipedia ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luncarty ), worth investigating.
- Did Duncan of Atholl die in battle at Luncarty c.990 ? Some think so... most say "after 990". More investigation needed here.

Hmmm, re: sources - all those browser tabs must be open on my machine at home, guess I'll chime in again later...

Nice work!
b

I love it I will look also

:-)

Boy you guys have been hard at work on this. I racked my head on it for a few days that's for sure, and I'm coming up with the same thing. That Crinan came from three brothers... and the reason he was selected as a King in Stead of Malcolm II was because he descended from Niall of the Nine Hostages, from what I can see.

if Niall of the Nine Hostages really is Crinan's direct great or GG grandfather, then at least we have something to fill in the gaps with between him and Niall. That's where I was running into a brick wall was at Crinan's grandfather.

It would be amazing to see this envelope pushed back farther than 980A.D. It's amazing it's been tracked this far, but... you guys all have my attention on this one, and I'd be glad to assist any way I can.. as this is my goal... to track down the break in the line... so far, there hasn't been one and I am truly stunned by that.

We gotta find it guys.... or our curiosity will eat us alive. : ) lol ~

Showing 31-37 of 37 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion