Saint Arnoul, Bishop of Metz - Wrong father?

Started by Johanna Amnelin on Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-35 of 35 posts

Note I did say to trust info until proven diferently.as well as gut. After all these people are experts. Experts can be wrong., as more info shows up but until proven wrong , I am going with them rather then something that is has not proven to change all the info out there. These books are in places that only except them if they feel they are correct. of course new info is coming out everyday . That's just the thing Justin. The evidence is not bothering me and a lot of other people. It is there and accepted by many people in authority. So I guess it is just a matter of opinion right now.

If you trust the sources, you can't make the leap to Bodegisel II. For that you have to rely on faith. It's logical, but there's no hard evidence. So, you either believe it without evidence, or you reject it as unproved. In a collaborative tree, we can leave it because it doesn't hurt anyone. The skeptics can ignore it, and the people who want more royal lines can go on believing.

I don't think I had him in my line anyway. Just found the info and had it in my collection of info and added my two cents to the discusion in hopes of helping but I see only certain opinions count as usual around here. people will do what they want and not care what others think . So be it . Honestly , right now it's too hot out , to care.

I think the interesting question here, historically speaking, is whether there is any provable crossover between the Gallo-Roman aristocracy and the Frankish tribal elites. Pushing the line through Ansbertus gets you to that question. I have to accept the wisdom of what others have done here. This shows up on my tree in a couple of places, and my main concern is the validity of some of the more aggressive choices that get my lines back to Charlemagne and Charles Martel in the first place, in our case through a putative marital tie between lower French Huguenot nobility and a Landgrave of Hessen. Once you get into noble lines, its off to the races, into the early Middle Ages, 11th century and earlier. Saint Arnulf certainly does have an interesting and compelling story, and I am glad to claim him as an ancestor.

I would love it if someone would add to information why he was made a saint. To be honest with you I know nothing about saints nor do I understand why they exist . I would be interested in knowing why he was made a saint in the first place.

Showing 31-35 of 35 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion