Robert White, II - This tree is getting FRACKED!

Started by Private User on Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
5/15/2013 at 10:39 PM

The "Record Matches" and "Smart Matches" are - exactly as I predicted - wreaking havoc with the various White family trees. People are rushing in with half-baked information out of Internet trees derived from bogus sources like Emma Siggins White, and slamming together people who can scarcely be related at all.

I very much doubt that the White families are the only ones affected, but they are the ones I am most familiar with due to my own Sisyphean - and now blatantly proven futile - efforts to disentangle the mess that Mrs. White deliberately created to glorify her husband's (frankly quite ordinary) family tree.

Working on Geni is no longer fun - it has become a dreary, repetitive, frustrating and exasperating chore. I don't know how - or if - the situation can be remedied.

5/15/2013 at 10:40 PM

Master profile protection to the rescue! Just post the links.

Private User
5/15/2013 at 11:19 PM

FIRST it will be necessary to unscramble the existing mess. I was just now forced to cut the York Whites completely off from the Yaxley/Yatley Whites because the tree had gotten so messed that no other solution was possible. :-(

5/15/2013 at 11:26 PM

I think I'll go confirm some SM's for the year 1900 now & weep at occupation: farmer farmer farmer farmer, and for variety, farm laborer.

Private User
5/16/2013 at 12:23 AM

I've got nothing against farmers - lots of farmers in my own ancestry and I'm not a bit ashamed of it or them.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion