Jacques de Savoye, SV/PROG - Ancestry of Jacques de Savoye, SV/PROG

Started by Delia Robertson on Wednesday, April 24, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 61-74 of 74 posts

Private User
When we are in a discussion like this, many of us tend to just name the people but if we enter the links to the profile in the discuussion (that is called tagging) it shows on the left side of the discussion but most of all if you go to a profile e.g Michiel de Savoye click on the Discussion tab you will see all the discussion where the profile was mentioned

Disconnected on the grounds that there is no proof to back up the alternative to the Wikipedia assertion.

I understand thank you Angus Wood-Salomon. Agree that there has been no proof thus far.

I am a decendant of Jacques de Savoye, and I was wondering if DNA could be used to prove a link to the Comte de Romont? Surely there are some on the sides of his siblings that have tested for DNA? I know there will be on the South African side who have. Does anyone know if this has been attempted yet?

Private User, this is the Discussion on Jacques de Savoye's ancestry - that you wanted to research.

Thanks, Sharon Lee DOUBELL, I see why the tree has not been built further back!

:-)

Michel de Savoie (Prince of Lurs) was born around 1480 and died around 1522 - He was the bastard son of Philuppe II (Comte de Bresse) born 1438 with his mistress Dame Libéra Bona Portoneria (concubine) de ROMAGNANO born around 1443.

Good morning Angus,

Yes, I am referring to them both.

Some research however, indicate Michel's death to be around 1443 so there is a little bit of conflict there

See the discussion on Michiel de Savoye. I pasted some sources there found on catholic sites regarding Michel

So the problem is that we have no sources for Michel / Michiel as a parent of Claude de Savoye.

Showing 61-74 of 74 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion