Started by Private User on Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
4/3/2013 at 11:07 PM

I thought some of you might be interested in this press release from Tourism Ireland:

"Hollywood actor and producer Tom Cruise today discovered that the truth of his Irish family history is more amazing than fiction. His Irish ancestors have been identified as knights, rebels and heroes in a family history that stretches back an incredible 800 years.

Tom Cruise stopped off in Dublin, Ireland, on the European leg of his tour to promote the Universal Pictures film ‘Oblivion’. Set on a spectacular future Earth that has evolved beyond recognition, the film tells the story of one man’s confrontation of the past, leading him on a journey to redemption and discovery as he battles to save mankind, played by Tom Cruise.

Aptly, in real life, Cruise went on his own journey of discovery to deepen his knowledge of his Irish ancestry, which stretches back over 800 years. Research commissioned by Tourism Ireland for Cruise’s visit, and completed by genealogy researchers Eneclann, has unveiled the amazing history of a family that contained knights in the 12th Century, rebels in the 17th Century and a hero, Patrick Russell-Cruise, who reinstated tenants on his lands in the 19th Century following their eviction against his wishes by an unscrupulous land-agent. Tom Cruise is a fifth generation direct descendant of Patrick Russell-Cruise."

Read the full release at http://blog.eogn.com/eastmans_online_genealogy/2013/04/tom-cruise-r...

Private User
4/6/2013 at 4:26 PM

Anyone else related to Tom Cruise? 9th cousins 2 times removed. I'm sure there are other paths to him.

http://www.geni.com/path/Matthew+Gregory+Cox+is+related+to+Tom+Crui...

4/6/2013 at 5:10 PM

I'm related to Mr. Tom on my Mother's side! <3
http://www.geni.com/path/Deborah+Carol+Boyd+is+related+to+Tom+Cruis...

Private User
4/6/2013 at 8:33 PM

He's connected to most users in the big tree and is one of the most popular profiles on the site as a result. In my case, he's my 12th cousin thrice removed.

One of his direct ancestors is Col. George Reade, Esq., Acting Gov., who has a very documented family and therefore thousands of descendants on Geni.

4/12/2020 at 5:18 PM

Tom Cruise is my 16th cousin once removed.
Miss Palin

1/13/2022 at 5:54 PM

Tom Cruise is my 9th cousin thrice removed.
You
→ Mary Lee Davis
your mother → Arthur Vearl Foor
her father → Eva Viola Foor
his mother → Luella B Ingram
her mother → William Henry Harrison Rush
her father → David Rush
his father → Jeremiah Rush
his father → Michael Rush, Sr.
his father → Peter Rush, Sr.
his father → Elizabeth Letitia Rush
his mother → Elizabeth Lewis