Joan Beaufort, Queen consort of Scots - This is really ODD, a profile managed by so many people and onle ONE ..

Started by Private User on Saturday, March 23, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
3/24/2013 at 5:29 AM

Jeannette

I think you misunderstand.

1) Only one curator name can show
2) However all managers of the profile - and those who collaborate with those managers - and those who are related - may contribute to a Master profile
3) if the designated Curator for some reason is not available to assist with any issues, any of the other 100 plus curators may assist

So ---- what is odd?

My 2nd cousin 20 times removed is well looked after!

3/24/2013 at 5:31 AM

JMu - how many descendants does she have? I would think millions.

If you need sole / private for YOUR ascendant - use a desktop program.

Private User
3/24/2013 at 7:04 AM

Joan Beaufort, Queen consort of Scots is your first cousin 21 times removed.

3/24/2013 at 7:27 AM

Joan Beaufort, Queen consort of Scots is your 15th great grandmother

3/24/2013 at 10:02 AM

Jeanette, now I think I don't understand! Guessing again - you are bothered that someone who also curates (looks after) other profiles, curates this one? How else would it work? 67 million profiles currently, say 20 million are "historic," only so many curators, we would each have quite a few ....

3/24/2013 at 10:15 AM

Jeanette, I wonder if you asking whether it is necessary to be a manager of every one of your ancestors in order to take advantage of Geni. If that's your question, the answer is No.

In fact, we have a lot of wasted effort on Geni from people creating duplicate trees in order to become one of the official managers. Since anyone can contribute to any public profile being a manager is relatively meaningless. It's much more efficient to follow the profiles that interest you, and to contribute through public discussions.

On the other hand, if you are distressed that you have to share management of your ancestors with other descendants, you might want to think about whether Geni is the right platform for your genealogy. Geni is a site for collaborative genealogy. It's strength is that many descendants can all contribute the information they have so that the tree is better for everyone. On Geni, your ancestors don't belong only to you but also to all other descendants. If you need to have total control, you'd be happier with a platform like My Heritage.

Private User
3/24/2013 at 12:28 PM

Justin, this is true . Except sometimes people want to be managers of whoever is connected to them. At least there direct lines, anyway. If I put it in I want to be manager. I know eventually I will end up merged, weather , I like it or not and then of course I will then be sharing managership.That's one of the reasons I almost never add info to older profiles. Even when I do, it often during a merge gets changed or re-arranged. So I don't bother anymore. i use to and or was planning to add info but why bother.It's enough I get the names in there and dates . Things like that and sometimes i don't even get a chance to do that!

Private User
3/24/2013 at 12:30 PM

Justin, this is true . Except sometimes people want to be managers of whoever is connected to them. At least there direct lines, anyway. If I put it in I want to be manager. I know eventually I will end up merged, weather , I like it or not and then of course I will then be sharing managership.That's one of the reasons I almost never add info to older profiles. Even when I do, it often during a merge gets changed or re-arranged. So I don't bother anymore. i use to and or was planning to add info but why bother.It's enough I get the names in there and dates . Things like that and sometimes i don't even get a chance to do that!

10/3/2013 at 1:27 PM

Joan Beaufort, Queen of Scots

Joan Beaufort, Queen consort of Scots is your 16th great grandmother.

Private User
1/4/2015 at 6:20 AM

I would love to connect to other family members who are also direct descendants of Joan Beaufort, Queen consort of Scots.

She is my 14th great grandmother.

10/16/2016 at 12:29 PM

Joan Beaufort, Queen of Scots

She's my 15th great grandmother!
Kara Bowling
You → Margaret Ann Wooton
your mother → William Jessa Wooton
her father → Mollie marie Wooton
his mother → Russel Melton
her father → James Preston Melton
his father → Sarah Melton
his mother → Rebecca Brock
her mother → Samuel Howard
her father → James Howard
his father → Francis Howard
his father → Lady Elizabeth Stuart, Countess of Arundel
his mother → Esmé Stewart, 3rd Duke of Lennox
her father → Esmé Stewart, 1st Duke of Lennox
his father → John Stuart, 5th seigneur d'Aubigny
his father → Elizabeth Stewart
his mother → John Stewart, 1st Earl of Atholl
her father → Joan Beaufort, Queen of Scots
his mother

Private User
10/16/2016 at 2:33 PM

Joan Beaufort, Queen of Scots is your 16th great grandmother.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion