Matthew Fuller - His parents are wrong.

Started by Timothy Cannell Davis on Sunday, January 27, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 12 posts
1/27/2013 at 7:43 AM

The Matthew /Matthias Fuller who married Patience Young is s/o Samuel and Jane Lathrop /Lothrop.

There was a Matthew /Matthias s/o Sam and Mary b.ca.1672 died unmarried bef.6 May 1697. per "Mayflower Families" vol. 2
Tim

1/27/2013 at 8:35 AM

Thanks Timothy Cannell Davis. He is my X great uncle. I'm a descendant of Samuel Fuller and Jane Lathrop. I'll look into this and fix it. I'll also MP and source the profile since it's likely to cause confusion and is in a family shared by many descendants. I have just MPed it, but not fixed the issue, since I would like to find sources that can be linked or attached to the profile.

1/27/2013 at 8:37 AM

Of course he's not my X great uncle per your post if these are not his parents :)

1/27/2013 at 9:03 AM

Hello,

Your sources and mine disagree. Can you site your source? It is easy to REATTACH Matthew to Samuel and Jane but my sources don't give them a son Matthew.

I've made a number of fixes to Matthew Fuller

GRANDSON of Samuel Fuller and Jane Lathrop, son of Samuel Lathrop and Anne Fuller Fuller (daughter of Matthew Fuller).

Changed his birth date and death date to reflect http://books.google.com/books?id=kmujIJi3_FkC&dq=Matthew%20Full...

Let me know if this is correct. Samuel Fuller and Jane Lathrop did not have a son Matthew.

I'd be interested in knowing where the birth and death dates came from, but unless Cutter is wrong, the fixes are now done and I'll move on to making sure that he has the right number of siblings and children.

1/27/2013 at 9:07 AM

See Samuel Fuller, "Mayflower" Passenger About Me for the children that he and Jane Fuller had, no Matthew.

1/27/2013 at 9:23 AM

I was able to move him. Thanks, Tim

1/27/2013 at 9:27 AM

Timothy Cannell Davis

Please go to the profile Matthew Fuller and to his grandfather Samuel Fuller, "Mayflower" Passenger.

I believe that your information and mine differ and that you attached him to Samuel Fuller, Mayflower Passenger and Jane Lathrop and that I DETATCHED him after this, because my information and the information of Erica Howton, the curator for Samuel Fuller, Mayflower Passenger does not include a son Matthew.

1/27/2013 at 9:30 AM

Erica Howton Can you remind us of the children of Samuel Fuller and Jane Lathrop?

1/27/2013 at 9:38 AM

You are right not s/o Jane Lothrop. Matt Fuller h/o Prentice Young was s/o Sam s/o Sam s/o Ed Mayflower - generation 4.

He was on the tree in gen 3 s/o Sam s/o Ed Mayflower, but I moved him to the the wrong position (s/o Jane). I'll try again.
Tim

1/27/2013 at 9:52 AM

Good. It looks like you (or someone) has moved Matt + Patience to the right position. All is well. Tim

1/27/2013 at 11:45 AM

Excellent. Yes, I found the information for him in Cutter and moved him to the right parents and also put biographical information in About Me and made him an MP and added a link to the page about him in Cutter.

I"m not sure that his siblings or children are complete / correct yet. Let me know if you see any issues there. This is an important early family and I have access to NEHGS online and also have a lot of their print publications about these families. So we ought to make them all MPs and get the correct spouses, parents, children and document.

Cutter is a little antiquated but was online and I was too busy to check in my print sources or log in to NEGHS.

1/27/2013 at 3:04 PM

Thanks Hatte. My 4 Mayflower ancestors (Edward, his wife and sons Mathew and Samuel) have similar names and are often hard to sort. From Geni, John Howland? might be another of our pilgrim relations.
Tim

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion