Hildegard of Vinzgouw - Record of Alternative Data After Merges

Started by Sharon Doubell on Sunday, November 4, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
11/4/2012 at 1:36 AM

Birth Location: Swabia (present Baden-Württemberg), Germany OR Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Private User
11/4/2012 at 3:53 PM

I knew she was from Swabia but I didn't where Swabia was. Thank you.

11/5/2012 at 8:29 AM

:-)

11/22/2012 at 2:59 AM

This Discussion is intended as a Log of the Data elided/ deleted at the stage of resolving Data Conflicts on this profile.

I have already resolved the Data Conflict, and am simply making sure that all the managers involved in that merge, know what data of theirs was removed.

I am doing this as a courtesy, against the possibility that the profile’s managers may want to be alerted to the opportunity to engage with the data choices. (Sending a private message means there is no record for any future managers of the profile - of which we hope there will be many.)

It is not a query, and it does not require a comment, unless you disagree with the way the Data Conflict was resolved, or you want to add useful info about the data at stake – that you think others can benefit from when resolving Data Conflicts on that profile in the future.

Further info and FAQ can be found here: http://www.geni.com/discussions/115121?msg=832711

Surname von Vinzgau ; De Swabia
Birth Location Swabia (present Baden-Württemberg), Germany; Aachen, North Rhine-Westphalia, G

11/25/2012 at 2:59 AM

Surname: von Vinzgouw ; von Vinschgau

11/29/2012 at 2:27 AM

Birth Location: Swabia (present Baden-Württemberg), Germany OR Aachen, Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany

Private User
11/29/2012 at 5:43 AM

Why are you repeating the statement Birth location ete?

11/29/2012 at 11:03 AM

Because the Aachen option has come up yet again on another merge in. Obviously a lot of profiles have it as Aachen not Swabia, before they get merged in. I haven't got the time to check into it further right now, but useful to know that it is coming up over and over. Maybe one of the new merged in managers might have insight into whether this is a subtle difference to do with records lost in translation over time. We obviously have to pursue it further when someone has a chance to.

11/29/2012 at 11:23 AM

Aachen was Charlemagne's "capital" and the traditional place to crown the (Holy) Roman Emperors. For Hildegarde it is just someone's easy guess.

11/29/2012 at 12:44 PM

aaah, that sounds likely. Okay will delete them in future without logging it.

12/12/2012 at 2:30 AM

Surname von Vinzgouw OR von Vintschgau

12/12/2012 at 7:44 AM

We should preserve alternative spellings in the AKA field.

Vintschgau is not the modern spelling, but it brings up a lot of results in a Google search. German Wikipedia calls it the old spelling ("alte Schreibweise").

The modern spelling is Vinschgau, but English Wikipedia uses Vinzgouw for Hildegarde, but Vinzgau for her father.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vinschgau

Private User
12/12/2012 at 3:51 PM

We should use all versions , so all uses will be able to follow alone.

12/14/2012 at 3:23 AM

You mean, keep them all in the display fields, Private User? While I endorse it in principle, I'm starting to find that it gets a bit big.

1/21/2013 at 1:00 AM

Birth Date c. 758 OR 5/4/758
Does anyone have good source data to support the exact birth date?

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion