Sprote (Sprota) de Bourgogne - Alternative data from Merges

Started by Sharon Doubell on Thursday, September 20, 2012
Showing all 6 posts
9/20/2012 at 5:48 AM

This profile appears to have been merged, despite the profile pic?!

Birth Date c. 908 c. 890

9/20/2012 at 9:53 AM

Justin Durand did the merge and I trust him totally. Let's see what he says. I would be happy to have him or Pam Wilson (on hiatus) curate her or AM.

9/20/2012 at 10:06 AM

The graphic is Anne's caution. Unfortunately, the merge she wanted to prevent had already happened, but fortunately also already cleaned up. The best thing seemed to be continue with the cleanup, and merge in the other duplicates.

One of the problems with using these graphics, as well as putting curator notes Work in Progress, etc., is that they become dated very quickly. Some people ignore them, and if you don't stay on top of it and take them down, they become confusing.

I keep finding curator notes that say in different ways, This profile is screwed up and needs work, when in fact the clean up happened a long time ago ;)

9/20/2012 at 10:50 AM

Yes, I figured that had happened, but I just wanted to pre-empt it being assumed that I was posting the merge record in blatant disregard of the graphic. (I trust Justin so much he was managing my father's profile! :-).

I agree about the difficulty of keeping on top of profile 'freezes' - I don't know the solution, but I do agree :-)

Hatte, I do know Anne hates being called in a hypertexted link - I think it has something to do with being searchable on the net.

9/20/2012 at 2:10 PM

Gotcha

9/21/2012 at 12:34 AM

:-)

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion