Mary Boleyn - Mary Boleyn

Started by maritza martinez lozano on Sunday, August 12, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
8/12/2012 at 4:53 PM

is there any evidence that King Henry VIII Fathered any children from Mary Boleyn? If so is there proof of it Because its been nagging me for sometime now so i always thought that he had fathered children by Mary but was never sure My mother always said he was a ladys man and powerful, too since he was the king of england Is there any true to it? Plz send me an email with information.

8/19/2012 at 3:58 PM

@Mary Boleyn
Sorry, been on vacation. There have been books and a movie, "The Boleyn Sisters". Probably hard to get conclusive evidence, just circumstantial. There is suppose to be a letter (is it archived?) written by the King to Mary telling her to leave the court with her baby before something happens to her as with her sister and brother. He favored her and her son, the bastard son who could not become king.
Well, I have a strong line (maternal) coming out of the Benjamin Scotts and am willing to take a DNA test if it would help and maybe I can look into that.

8/19/2012 at 4:26 PM

There no proof that Henry VIII had any children by Mary Boleyn, although there is a lot of speculation that he might have been the real father of her son Henry Carey (Lord Hunsdon), and perhaps also of her daughter Kathereine Carey (wife of Sir Francis Knollys).

Historians reject both relationships. Many Carey descendants accept them ;)

Private User
12/25/2018 at 4:04 AM

See messages under Catherine Carey regarding "brilliant" argument she was the King's daughter--& posted article "Mary Boleyn's Carey Children--Offspring of Henry VIII?" by Anthony Hoskins. HFS

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion