Nancy Lincoln (Hanks) - nancy Hanks Lincoln

Started by Vicky Reany Paulson on Saturday, August 11, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-34 of 34 posts

Thanks for that info!! I incorrectly wrote in my last message, I said William Henry Hilleary was my great grandfathers step brother, he was a half brother not a step brother! Bernice and I are 2nd cousins through the Hilleary line..

That makes more sense, considering your last names are the same, unless the father adopted you. i am wondering if the William Henry name came from the Hanks side, as there are several William Henry's in the family?

William Henry Hillery father was Samuel Hillery, The mother Sarah Davis his wife (2nd wife), married William Henry Rudkin 4 years after his birth. Samuel and Sarah obviously divorced, though no record found yet. Samuel married again as well. I doubt the William Henry came from Rudkin, if so a little hanky panky was going on! W H Hillery (Hillory on census) is living with Sarah and WH Rudkin on 1870 census. Samuel's father was named William.

I do beleive it is a common Hanks name, most likely to distingish, as there is a William Hanks in almost every family, including my fathers name, and my grandson! My dad's nickname was Budd, so I think they did it for that reason. The first Hanks born in Virginia was William. He had three sons, and two had a William, Joseph had a William, Thomas had a William, and Absalom had William Henry.

Showing 31-34 of 34 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion