Aoidh (Ethelred) Heth (MacEth), EARL OF MORAY - Could Ethelred have been the husband of Lulach's daughter?

Started by Sharon Doubell on Saturday, August 11, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 151-155 of 155 posts

Way to utterly misunderstand and miss the point. Quit digging, you're already in too deep.

I do not intend to reply on this topic any longer.

Discussion ended / paused in Dec 2015, having decided that
1. Ethelred was Abbot of Dunkeld (possibly lay; possibly celibate - no way of telling)
2. Ethelred may well have been Earl of Fife, simultaneous with, or before, Constantine. The discovery of a second document gave some weight to the possibility that he was, and scuppered any chance of disproving it.
3. Ethelred is very unlikely to have been provably Aed of Moray or Lulach's daughter's husband/ lover.
4. Children attributed to Ethelred can be linked to more modern traditions of MacDuff genealogists whose motives appear not to be completely objective. No sources were found to validate the existence of these children.

wow.. a lot of detail here/1

I have Malcolm De Roas 1064 as my 27x great grandfather and found this when i came looking for more info

:-)

Discussion ended / paused in Dec 2015, having decided that
1. Ethelred was Abbot of Dunkeld (possibly lay; possibly celibate - no way of telling)
2. Ethelred may well have been Earl of Fife, simultaneous with, or before, Constantine. The discovery of a second document gave some weight to the possibility that he was, and scuppered any chance of disproving it.
3. Ethelred is very unlikely to have been provably Aed of Moray or Lulach's daughter's husband/ lover.
4. Children attributed to Ethelred can be linked to more modern traditions of MacDuff genealogists whose motives appear not to be completely objective. No sources were found to validate the existence of these children.

Showing 151-155 of 155 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion