Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
7/21/2012 at 2:07 AM

Birth Date c. 1055 or 1057
Birth Location Rhuddlan, Flintshire, Wales or Rhuddlan, Fflint, Cymru

Private User
3/9/2017 at 5:00 AM

Hi

Nesta is coming up as my 22nd great grandmother.
Is this correct? I have seen messages regarding merging etc. Can you verify all the details are now correct for me, please.
Thank you
Julie

3/10/2017 at 7:17 PM

I went and worked on this for a while, and it looks like what is going on is that Gruffudd had two daughters named Nest, by two different wives, and they have two different birth years, and one is married to one of the husbands, and the other to the other one.

I will pull all this together in the morning, and add references to the profiles and the discussion.

3/10/2017 at 11:08 PM

Thanks Anne, you're a star :-)

3/11/2017 at 7:26 AM

Ok, Sharon Doubell -- I have untangled Gruffudd's wives and children, and added in notes and sources and explanations, and moved everybody around.

The basic problem is that the genealogy right at this point is being constructed both from the medieval genealogies and the histories, and it gets Complicated.

But I think Darrell Wolcott has made pretty good sense of it, so we went with that.

There is now the Nest you linked to for this discussion, AND her half-sister: Nest (1) verch Gruffudd

3/11/2017 at 7:27 AM

Oh, and by the way -- the place names you give in the first message are actually the same place; one is in Welsh and one is in English.

3/11/2017 at 10:52 PM

Lol, are they ? and that's why you're the expert in the area :-) Thankyou for spending the time to sort it all out.

3/11/2017 at 11:25 PM

:). I do what I can.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion