Olympic Profiles of the Day

Started by George J. Homs on Thursday, June 7, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 121-127 of 127 posts

We're lacking an Aussie athlete. Best I can find already on the site is Cathy Freeman, though she's not connected. Suggestions?

I will see what I can find!

Dawn Fraser but needs more work

Since we're in the track and field events now, I'm going to keep poking around Cathy Freeman's tree to see if she has an in-law or someone else who can provide the hook into the big tree. Since she's aboriginal, I don't know how else we'd do it. Alas, I can't find any good details on her husband.

I looked at Private but didn't get far!

Australian Private got Silver in the 50km walk - I find it very emotional watching them all come in - many falling onto wheelchairs once they cross the line. What an amazing race. Jared also came 7th in the 20km walk.

My dear June, and then we do the running for fun up to 42.2km and the Comrades 90km. But I must admit the walkers have got all my admiration. I tried walking once and were so sore, alhough at that stage I was top running fit.
I was watching the mountain biking but had to go to work and missed the finish. Those must have nerves of steel.
Thank you all for the updates. Although my TV is on all the time I can't look at everything due to work.

Showing 121-127 of 127 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion