Johnny Cash - Cash Family Mystery

Started by Cindy Tucker on Tuesday, May 29, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
5/29/2012 at 7:59 PM

My name is Cindy Tucker. My maiden name is Cindy Brown. My father was Robert Brown. I don't know this side of the family well but I have been told that my fathers Grandma was a Cash related to John and married a Gormley. My father feels my Great Grandma that was a Cash that married a Gormley was either Ray Cash's Sister or Aunt. I have heard from several different family members over the years that Johnny Cash was my cousin 2nd or 3rd maybe. Being I do not know this side of my family well there is really nobody to ask specific questions on this topic. I have looked up family history online but I am unable to find any info. If anyone has any please let me know. I am very musical and it would be neat to know it came from a Cash family line. Ihave a very old picture that was sent to me that I am told are of Cash family members including my Great Grandma and Great Great Grandma. I would love to submit it if it is true that we are related.

Private User
5/29/2012 at 8:26 PM

One of the reasons for developing out Cash's paternal lineage on the tree was that a relative suspected in one of his lines that there was a relationship with his Cash family tree. Having the actual lineage up made it a bit easier to determine if this is true or not, and at what generation the families diverged, etc.

It sounds as if you've some digging ahead of you, but then that's part of the fun. As for me, I'd love to see the singer's ancestry better tied into the big tree through accurate connections with others, and would express my fond hope that you succeed in finding your actual connection. If I can help as a curator (albeit one with now sporadic connection to internet), let me know. -Ben

1/13/2016 at 8:55 PM

Wow! I have always knew that I had cousins by the dozens.

Shelley Davis with the Jones family tree

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion