Relation to famous people

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 181-210 of 518 posts

Mark Anthony is my 58th great grandfather. He had 5 wives my 58th great grand mother was Octavia Minor. Their daughter was Antonia Minor Augusta. Anthony's line goes back to Romulus of Rome and then to the Gods of Rome Mars and Zeus.

hi. ocatvia was the name of his wife, I did not quite remember, thanks for that paul. åa

rhonda, do you have the names of the wives/husband in the list of my ancestry back to cleopatra, I have a few of them, but not everyone. åsa

I will work on it Asa .... don't have time at the moment... but will do it for you , as soon as I can.

hello. have solved the problem, searched by the name on internet and found the husbands name, some in double i can say. åsa

@Paul David Wilson

>Anthony's line goes back to Romulus of Rome and then to the Gods of Rome Mars and Zeus.<

if you must have a Roman god as your ancestor, you had better call him Jupiter instead of Zeus, Zeus being "the Greek version" :-)

Queen Elizabeth is my 12 cousin on her mother's side Elizabeth Angela Marguerite Bowes-Lyon and my 16th cousin on her father's side George VI...and the ex mother in law of my 8th cousin Diana Spencer

This makes William and Harry my 13th ,18th,and 9th cousin all wrapped up in one package.

Queen Elizabeth is my 15th cousin, so I'm also related to Sherry Rieger :-) Thomas Jefferson my 20th cousin once removed and so on and so forth.

It seems that because of my mother's maternal grandmother I'm always related to somebody famous, but mostly by going hundreds of years back and making a u-turn through some cousins. Some Danish kings are my 20th and 21st great gandparents, but I still have no castle of my own :-)

Matilda of England
his mother

Matilda of Scotland
her mother

Saint Margaret of Scotland
her mother

Edward 'the Exile' Ætheling of England
her father
Edward 'the Exile' Ætheling of England is your 27th great grandfather.

Edmund II 'Ironside' King of England is your 28th great grandfather
Father
Æthelred "the Unready", King of the English is your 29th great grandfather.
Edgar I "The Peaceful", King of the English is your 30th great grandfather.
Edmund I "The Magnificent", King of the English is your 31st great grandfather.
Edward I "The Elder", King of the Anglo-Saxons is your 32nd great grandfather.
Alfred the Great, King of the Anglo-Saxons is your 33rd great grandfather.
Aethelwulf, King of Wessex is your 34th great grandfather.
Egbert, King of Wessex is your 35th great grandfather
Ealhmund, Under King Of Kent is your 36th great grandfather.
Eaba is your 37th great grandfather
Eoppa is your 38th great grandfather
Cenred, Co-Ruler of Wessex is your 40th great grandfather.
Ceolweald, Under-King of Wessex is your 41st great grandfather
Cutha Cathwulf is your 42nd great grandfather.
Cuthwine is your 43rd great grandfather.
Ceawlin, King of Wessex is your 44th great grandfather
Cynric, King of Wessex is your 45th great grandfather
Creoda, King of the West Saxons is your 46th great grandfather.
Cerdic, King of the West Saxons is your 47th great grandfather.
Elesa is your 48th great grandfather
Esla of Saxony is your 49th great grandfather.
Gewis of Saxony is your 50th great grandfather.
Wigg is your 51st great grandfather
Freawine of Saxony, King of Saxony is your 52nd great grandfather.
Frithogar of Saxony Birth: circa 299 Saxony, Northern Germany is your 53rd great grandfather
Brand King of West Saxons is your 54th great grandfather.
Baeldaeg of Asgard is your 55th great grandfather
Óðinn / Woden / Woutan of Asgard is your 56th great grandfather
Frithuwald Bor is your 57th great grandfather.
Frealaf Buri Birth: 160 Asgard, Asia or East Europe is your 58th great grandfather
Freawine is your 59th great grandfather
Frithuwulf is your 60th great grandfather

i am also related to some kings , swedish danish , norwegian, but have no castle, me either. but many of my ancestors did, johan III, gustaf vasa and birger jarl were all descendants of charlemagne.

johan III was the son of gustaf vasa. and all descendants of birger jarl and charlemagne. they buildt many castles in sweden, the old tre crones castle and gripsholm and others, they remodeled.

It seems like we all are related to famous Kings and Queens. Nice to know.

Although it may seem special to be related to royalty , it really is quite a common occurence.
From Wikipedia :
Royal descent is now recognized as common among residents of the United States, as in other countries. With improved documenting schemes, it can be estimated that as many as 150 million Americans have traceable royal European descent. According to American genealogist Gary Boyd Roberts, an expert on royal descent, most Americans with significant New England Yankee, Mid-Atlantic Quaker, or Southern planter ancestry are descended from medieval kings, especially those of England, Scotland, and France. Some Americans may have royal descents through German immigrants who had an illegitimate descent from German royalty.
Due to primogeniture, many colonists of high social status were younger children of English aristocratic families who came to America looking for land because, given their birth order, they could not inherit. Many of these immigrants maintained high standing where they settled. They could often claim royal descent through a female line or illegitimate descent. Many Americans descend from these 17th-century British colonists who had royal descent. These colonists with royal descent settled in every state, but a large majority lived in Massachusetts or Virginia. Several families, who settled in those states, over the two hundred years or more since the colonial land grants, interwinded their branches to the point that almost everyone was somehow related to everyone else. One writer observed, "like a tangle of fish hooks".

Rhonda sounds like my mother's side of the family. So many lines arrived very early and were connected with royal lines.
The French Canadian end, thanks to your help I was able to get back to org families there and where they came from in France but then hit a brick wall again.
I would add all this info to my tree if I ever decide to join as a Pro. I have asked several times to no avail, if I could use a gift card or prepaid card from Visa or Master Card to make payment but no one has given me an answer.

It would be helpful to many ,I'm sure to have multiple payment methods to choose from. I just purchased Progeny the Charting Companion for Geni.com, and they had several different payment methods , like Paypal which can be directly connected to your bank for those who don't use credit cards.

No, no one goes in my bank account ! The gift cards are like credit cards. Can they or ca't they be used. I 'd hate to go and buy one and then be stuck with it if can't use it for this.

Awesome info about the royalty stuff.

Anyone want to do your connections to all 44 US presidents?

Yes I did all 44 presidents. I like many of you are related to all of them.

Can you post all of your degrees of separation here? just for curiosty.

Some of us were in exile for religious persecution and did keep track, in New Jersey, for example, 40 Noble families divided into 2 sets of 20 and planned out the marriages to present day in case no new Noble familes showed up, but more did in Upper Canada and 1 set married back into families like the St Clairs, Hamiltons, Campbells, Kennedy's, Meade's, Cosh's, Kerr's, Kirkpatrick, Fisher, Boyd's, etc, etc, Many with titles, my 2nd cousin 4 times removed in his lifetime married three ladies from England with Lord's as fathers, He was married three times. In 1817 he married Elizabeth, daughter of James Macaulay. In England in 1834, he married Elizabeth Emily, daughter of the British Deputy Secretary at War, William Merry (1762-1855) of Lansdowne Terrace, Cheltenham, by his wife Anne, daughter of Kender Mason of Beel House, Buckinghamshire, the sister of Henry Mason, who married a niece of Horatio Nelson, 1st Viscount Nelson. Two years later, again in England, he married Caroline, daughter of William George Daniel-Tyssen (1773-1838) of Foley House etc., High Sheriff of Kent, by his wife Amelia, only daughter and heiress of Captain John Amhurst R.N., of East Farleigh Court, Kent. I have 100% Royal blood cursing through my viens and the paperwork of everyone to back it up. Most of us escaped with our heads still attached.

yes, many moved to canada and america , because of religious persecution, as you say above, if you had seen the swedish movie utvandrarna , about swedes emigrating to america, they move because of religion and because it is poor in sweden. that they had prayer meetings in the homes, but the priests did not like that.

Thomas jefferson is my 1st cousin 8x removed. Henry Wadsworth Longfellow is my 5th cousin 4x removed. Brigadier General Joshua Chamberlin is my 8th cousin 4x removed. Governor William Bradford is my 9th great grandfather .Captain Nathan Hale is my 4th cousin 7x removed.

I know Im related to the Kennedys, also to Obama. (His mother was white.) Also Im related to most royalties in Europe, but it way to much to put in a discussion, and I dont know how to put the paths here. Orson Welles is also a relative of mine.
Does any of you go back to Caesar?

yes, i do, almost, to marcus antonius or marc antony as you english/americans call him. also related to obama, kennedy I have no clue of . i would glad to have contact with you. i am at facebook as åsa alderlöf. my ancestors is also in many different directions.

Which Caesar Kathrine? Octavian/Augustus or Julius, Valentinian or Justinian?

I guess the most famous person that I am related to is Daniel Boone, I am his first Cousin 8 times removed.

How come, if someone is related to a president in the USA, that same person is related to more than one president?

Is ancestry one of the qualities of presidents or skills related to blood lines?

all the presidents are connected to the big tree, so therefore if you are related to one you are related to them all

Showing 181-210 of 518 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion