Relation to famous people

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 91-120 of 518 posts

Steve Martin is my 23rd cousin twice removed.
Margaret Mitchell is my 21st cousin twice removed.

If each of your ancestors going back generations had two children, you would have one brother/sister; 4 cousins; 16 second cousins: 64 third cousins; 256 fourth cousins etc multiplying by 4 for each generation you go back to. You'd have 16,777,216 twelth cousins, though I guess there would be a lot of intertwined marriages. If each ancestor had 3 children, you'd have 2 siblings, 12 cousins, 72 second cousins, 432 third cousins etc. multiplying by 6 each generation. The numbers get huge very quickly. By the time the entire population is recorded on geni, I'm guessing we will all be related to each other by about the 20 th cousin level.
Still, its a bit of fun. QEII is my 12th cousin, the common ancestor being Sir Andrew Noel 1512-1563, our 11th great g-father.

Thomas Jefferson 3rd President of America is my 20th cousin 7 times removed.
Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd President of the USA is my 20th cousin 8 times removed.
Margaret Mitchell is your 24th cousin thrice removed.
Steve Martin is my 27th cousin.

My 73rd great grand father was Romulus of Rome which in theaory makes Zeus my 75th great grand father thats on my dada side. Also the line includes all the Ceasars of Rome.
On my moms side it gets back to the old testiment my 136th great grand father was Noah. This line includes many kings of Scottland and europe.
How I found these was by linking to one the following the line back it is amazing that what would have taken years now only takes a few moments.

Here are some examples of my famous family:
God Almighty / אבינו שבשמים / الله . - is my 86th great grandfather (I do not believe , but anyway) which means that
Adam - my 85th great grandfather,
Eve - my 85th great grandmother,
Attila the Hun "Scourge of God", 59th King of the Huns - my 42nd great grandfather,
Thomas Jefferson 3rd President of America - my 20th cousin thrice removed,
Cleopatra Selene II, Queen of Mauretania - my 58th great grandmother,
Margrethe II, Queen of Denmark - my 13th cousin once removed,
Carl XVI Gustaf, Kung av Sverige - also my 13th cousin once removed,
and I have relations to all royal familys in Europe in some way.

And of course the vikings:
Harald I Gormsson, "Bluetooth". Konge af Danmark - my 26th great grandfather,
Harald I Halvdansson «Fairhair» Hårfagre - my 27th great grandfather,

Actors:
Meryl Streep - my 23rd cousin twice removed,
Tom Cruise- my 24th cousin,
Richard Gere i- my 24th cousin
Halle Berry - my 23rd cousin thrice removed

Author:
Ernest Hemingway - my 24th cousin

and so on. I can´t tell them all.

George Washington is 2nd
Cousin, so many x's removed. How do I make the link live? http://www.geni.com/path/Sylvia+Baron+Westrom+is+related+to+George+...

Nice work Sylvia, wanna do all the presidents like i did?

Fred Astaire is Monique Köhler's great aunt's uncle's wife's brother's wife's brother's wife's second cousin once removed.

http://www.geni.com/path/Monique+K%C3%B6hler+is+related+to+Fred+Ast...

I found out I am related to most of the ancient royal families and some famous people.

I have just Updated my FR web page - with names & Path urls:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~prohel/stories/Fa...

*b=blood >> *b QUEEN Elizabeth II, *b George BUSH I & II, *b Ronald REAGAN, William CLINTON, *b Ernest HEMINGWAY, *b Karl MARX, *b NAPOLEON, *b Thomas JEFFERSON, *b George WASHINGTON, *b Davy CROCKETT (frontiersman), *b CALAMITY Jane (frontiers scout), *b William SHAKESPEARE, *b Fulk V "le JEUNE" (king of Jerusalem, templar), *b Henry II (king of England) & son Richard “Lionheart” (king), *b William "the Lion" (king of Scotland), *b Joan BEAUFORT & James I STEWART (king of Scots), *b Henry VIII (king), Rogneda of POLOTSK (princess) & Saint Prince Vladimir the Great of Kiev, *b Alfred the Great (king of Anglo-Saxons), *b CHARLEMAGNE (king of Franks & Romans), *b William the CONQUEROR (king of England), *b King DAVID, *b ADAM , *b Elvis PRESLEY, *b Richard GERE & Cindy CRAWFORD, *b Meryl STREEP, *b Halle BERRY & David JUSTICE, *b Tom CRUISE & Kate HOLMES, *b Rob LOWE, *b Brooke SHIELDS & Andre AGASSI, *b Brad PITT & Angelina Jolie VOIGHT & 1st wife Jennifer ANISTON, John VOIGHT, Drew BARRYMORE & Tom GREEN, *b Taylor SWIFT, *b Justin BIEBER --- Diana SPENCER (princess of Wales via her brother), Winston CHURCHILL, Margaret THATCHER, Rupert MURDOCH, Abraham LINCOLN, Franklin D. ROOSEVELT, John KENNEDY Barack OBAMA, Albert EINSTEIN, Sigmund FREUD, Gustav MAHLER, Adolf LOOS, Franz WERFEL, Franz KAFKA, John KERRY, Anne FRANK, Johann STRAUSS I & II, Felix MENDELSSOHN, Arnold SCHÖNBERG, Fred ASTAIRE, Anselm von ROTHSCHILD, Martin LUTHER, Saul WAHL KATZENELLENBOGEN (Polish 1 day king *legend), Eliyahu Gaon of VILNA (famous Lithuanian rabbi), Karl HABSBURG I of Austria (emperor) related to royal families like; Orác PŘEMYSL (duke of Bohemia), LUXEMBOURG, PODĚBRADY, MEDICI, SCHWARZENBERG, LOBKOWICZ, LIECHTENSTEIN, STERNBERG /Šternberk, Bołeslaw I CHROBY (king of Poland), CLEOPATRA, Kang-WANG (emperor of China -1020-996), Helen HUNT

1) Could someone please post or send me the "Shared Path" for: Steve MARTIN, *Kevin BACON, Robert E. LEE -- without Private profiles - so I can move "Up & Down" the Profile Path - until the Path is created by Geni to Me ??

2) If you have a Comon Relative above - you're Related to Me - as well as the others - just do the "Up & Down" mentioned above.

Thanks

Steve Martin → No path found to Peter Rohel. . → P. Rohel

Kevin Norwood Bacon → No path found to Peter Rohel. . → P. Rohel

General Robert E. Lee (CSA) → No path found to Peter Rohel. Look for more path search options coming soon. → P. Rohel

Geni says you are Queen Elizabeth II's 41 cousin 8 x removed and that she is my 11th cousin, yet Geni gives no path for you to me , so I fail to see how we are related. Yet you are also related to my 18th ggf Ralph de Neville, 1st Earl of Westmorland, Geni says he is your 22nd cousin 27x removed.

Rhonda,

1) If you're related to 1 of the people in my previous posting (except Martin, Bacon, Lee) - thus you & I are related - if you work your way to Me - through 1 of them

2) after that - if you post Your "Shared Path" link to the 3 names mentioned in above paragraph - I will be able to have Geni create the path between the 3 & Me :)

Steve Martin is your 15th cousin once removed.
You
→ R. Bowen
your father →
C A Bowen
his father →
James Wilson Bowen
his father →
Walter Bowen
his father →
Elizabeth Bowen (Brown)
his mother →
Violetta Brown (Paine)
her mother →
Hannah Paine (Hills)
her mother →
Samuel Hills
her father →
Mary Hills (Brunson)
his mother →
Hannah Scott
her mother →
Edmund Scott, Sr.
her father →
Thomas Scott of Ipswich, (Sailed to America on the ''Elizabeth'' in 1634)
his father →
Sir Henry Scott, Constable of Suffolk
his father →
Edward Edmund Scott
his father →
George Scott, III
his father →
Mildred Key (Scott)
his sister →
William Key
her son →
Nicholas Key
his son →
Matthew Key
his son →
Andrew Key
his son →
John Key, Sr.
his son →
John Key, Jr.
his son →
Martin Key, Sr.
his son →
John Key, I
his son →
George Key
his son →
Susannah Key
his daughter →
Tandy Key Martin
her son →
Pvt. Robert Washington Martin, I, C. S. A.
his son →
Elizabeth Jane Martin
his daughter →
Homer Hall Martin, I
her son →
Glenn Vernon Martin
his son →
Steve Martin
his son

The only way it works - is if you send me internet link - after clicking on the Share Path - bottom of the Profile path - which will give you a different page. Just copy the link which will look somethink like:

http://www.geni.com/path/Peter+Rohel+is+related+to+Sigmund+Freud?fr...

Thanks Rhonda - now he is my 27th cousin :)
http://www.geni.com/path/Peter+Rohel+is+related+to+Steve+Martin?fro...

Can you help me with the aother 2 as well ?

Path between You and I - can't be created - because your father & grandfather =private, James =ok, W. Bowen & E. Bowen are private.

That is why path to Martin is different - as it is not possible to - go to from the previous profiles of the above names - down to your profile.

This is a big surprise :

Kaiser Franz Josef I, Emperor of Austria & King of Hungary is Monique Köhler's great aunt's uncle's wife's half brother's wife's niece's husband's grandmother's husband's first cousin twice removed's wife's second great uncle

http://www.geni.com/path/Monique+K%C3%B6hler+is+related+to+Kaiser+F...

Elisabeth 'Sissi' Amalie Eugenie von Wittelsbach, Empress consort of Austria is Monique Köhler's great aunt's uncle's wife's half brother's wife's niece's husband's grandmother's husband's first cousin twice removed's wife's second great uncle's wife

http://www.geni.com/path/Monique+K%C3%B6hler+is+related+to+Elisabet...

I'm related to Attila king of the Huns. He's my 41st great grandfather. Also Charlemagne is my 32nd great grandfather.

Hi Sherry ...welcome to the family ... you are then probably related to most of the Emperors of China too check King Kang of Zhou, 周康王, Jī Zhāo, 姬釗, 43
He is your and my 85th GGF.

Albert I, roi des Belges, koning der Belgen is Monique Köhler's great aunt's uncle's wife's half brother's wife's niece's husband's grandmother's husband's first cousin twice removed's wife's first cousin twice removed's wife's first cousin

http://www.geni.com/path/Monique+K%C3%B6hler+is+related+to+Albert+I...

Albert I, roi des Belges, koning der Belgen is Rhonda-Lee Allen Barber (Bowen), U.E.'s 12th cousin twice removed!

is attila a ancestor of charlemagne or what? I know about claudius and mark antony though? åsa

Charlemagne is Attila the Hun "Scourge of God", 59th King of the Huns' 10th great grandson.

http://www.geni.com/path/Attila+the+Hun+Scourge+of+God+59th+King+of...

Charlemagne

Constantivs Chlorus, Ares etc etc cetera

Showing 91-120 of 518 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion