Relation to famous people

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 511-518 of 518 posts

Native American DNA does not always show up when you are dealing with as many generations back as Mary Hyano. I am a descendant through my father but he didnt have any NA ancestry either. On my moms side I have at least 12 NA going back hundreds of years in Quebec. My mom is the oldest of eleven and about half of them have NA DNA trace. So not having NA DNA show up in a DNA test does not mean you dont have a Native American ancestor generations back.

Native American DNA does not always show up when you are dealing with as many generations back as Mary Hyano. I am a descendant through my father but he didnt have any NA ancestry either. On my moms side I have at least 12 NA going back hundreds of years in Quebec. My mom is the oldest of eleven and about half of them have NA DNA trace. So not having NA DNA show up in a DNA test does not mean you dont have a Native American ancestor generations back.

Please note -- it is not just Native American DNA that might not show up - each of us has half of our DNA from our mother and half from our father -- and they get half from their mother and half from their father - and so on, going back --
BUT - there is absolutely no guarantee that person A will have received exactly 1/4 of his DNA from each of his Grandparents -- definitely not exactly 1/8 from each of his great-grandparents . -- more likely than not, in each case, they will not --
so - after several generations, you may basically have zero DNA from a given Ancestor and certainly may be missing the piece(s) they look at for Ethnicity from that Ancestor.

Johnny Cash is your fifth cousin once removed.
Suzan Martin
→ Ruth Gene Martin
→ Julia Eugenia Stephens (Lancaster)
→ Henry Edgar Lancaster
→ John Nathaniel Lancaster
→ Lucy Ann Lancaster (Hudson)
→ Captain John Hudson
→ Nathaniel Green Hudson
→ Nancy Cash
→ Moses Reuben Cash
→ Rev. William Henry Cash
→ Raymond Cash
→ Johnny Cash

I have many Cash DNA match cousin’s, now I understand where they come from. My Aunt Nixey had Nathaniel Hudson’s information in the ancestry book, it was his daughter, Nancy Hudson who married a Cash. Very different from my family, we were more of the Classical Music type, my mother was a pianist and music teacher. ‘’’Johnny Cash’’’ Our part of the lineage continued to Texas.

Josepg , I too am connected directly to Mary Hayno but I also have Native Anerican on my Jackson Parker side, which is closer. I have never done my DNA. i should.

Bearse and hayno is one of lines

joseph , you are right. It does not always show up. If I do get around to doing DBA , I hope mine does.

Thomas J. Howard is your fifth great uncle's grandfather.
You
→ Marjorie Ann McLean
your mother → Gladys June (Allen) Pavel
her mother → Frederick B Allen
her father → Nancy Taylor Allen
his mother → Birdine S Taylor
her father → Sarah Elizabeth Taylor
his mother → Julia Ann Howard
her sister → William R Howard
her husband → John "War Jack" Howard, I
his father → Thomas J. Howard
his father