Relation to famous people

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 451-480 of 518 posts

A lot of us are but I doubt if everyone is.The only ones that can prove it has to go by records and books on various lineages.There are several good ones out there,

Almost everyone with European ancestry has a very high chance of being a descendant of Charlemagne, due to "pedigree collapse" (more theoretical "ancestors" than there were people alive in the entire world, so there had to have been some inbreeding) and the way he really got around - ten known wives and concubines, and children by at least eight of them! "Father of Europe" literally as well as figuratively!

Someone whose ancestors were entirely, say, Japanese, has a much lower probability. :-)

But, as I said, only some of them can actually prove it via authenticated genealogical research.

I know that all of the Geni tree is not authenticated, but then authentication is only what we know of history; not history itself. We learn more all the time. Still, Geni, through the work of many others shows a great deal of Charlemagne's history and descendancy, and my family is in it. Proof is never perfect.

A few months ago, Emperor Constantine of Rome was my "authenticated" (?) great uncle, until a researcher discovered no trace of Constantine having a sibling. It was actually his mother Ste. Helena that makes me proud anyway, considered the Parent of Archeology.

This is true. We don't know how many children were born due to rape and we know in war there's a lot of that going on.

Seduction accounts for even more, I'm sure. (Charlemagne himself was the result of an irregular liaison that was later legitimized.)

Yes, all of The Presidents are related except for Van Buren who though related, much more Distantly than, THE other 43 Cousins.
2010 BridgeAnne de Avingnion (14) and her genealogist Grandfather (82) Discovered this fact and Founded http://www.weareallrelated.com
And THAT IS where I Receiver THE confirmation of my relationship to them all, as well!
And Marilyn Monroe, Bing Crosby, Elvis, Dame Liz Taylor, Liza Minnelli, Quincy Jones, Gunger Rogers, Q.E. II and Lady Diana, making me Double related to THE Princes William and Harry! To too it Off 15th Cousin once removed of Princess Kate as well, so triple Relation to THE newcoming Prince!
King David. THE Prophet Mohammed.
Makes me honored to have made it this far in this evolutionary Timeline/Chain!

Oh, i should add that many of THE Vice Presidents are also related, as well as many of THE First Ladies. And for THE geni Cousin who Said they are related to all of THE Presidents except gor THE Bush's, i hate to Brust Your., " i can Not possibly be related to These a- holes!" Bubble... If you've got THE Majority in Your tree, you've got them Bush's too! lol!

Now someone IS going to collect our names and systematically ICE us all off, for being related to Satan or some garbage! rotfl!
Sorry for all typos, i'm travelling and in my iPhone At THE moment.
;-)

was just joking about THE Satan part. Hope I didn't offene anyone. :-)

Offend

Alleged Royal Ancestry of John Whitney
Whitney Family Groups > John Whitney Family > Alleged Royal Ancestry of John Whitney
Descents of John1 Whitney from the kings of England. There are also descents from David I, King of Scotland, Louis VI, King of France, Alfonso IX, King of Leon, various kings of Ireland and princes of Wales, and multiple descents from Charlemagne.
This information is from the following web site: The Phillips, Weber, Kirk, & Staggs families of the Pacific Northwest

Line 1.
17. Henry I, King of England , by an unknown mistress
16. Robert de Caen, 1st Earl of Gloucester (2-17), m. Maud FitzHamon
15. Christian of Gloucester, m. William FitzAlan
14. Christian FitzAlan, m. Hugh Pantulf
13. Ivo Pantulf, m. ----- -----
12. William Pantulf, m. Alice de Verdun
11. Rose Pantulf, m. Sir William Trussell
10. William Trussell, m. Maud Mainwaring (2-10)
9. Sir Warin Trussell, m. Maud de St. Philibert (3-9)
8. Lawrence Trussell, m. Maud Charnells
7. William Trussell, m. Margery Ludlow
6. Jennet Trussell, m. Sir Eustace de Whitney
5. Sir Robert Whitney, m. (2) Elizabeth Vaughn
4. Robert Whitney, m. ----- -----
3. Robert Whitney, m. Elizabeth verch Morgan ap William
Connection here is doubtful.
2. Thomas Whitney, m. Mary Bray
1. John1 Whitney, m.(1) Elinor -----

Line 2.
17. Robert de Caen, 1st Earl of Gloucester (1-16), m. Maud FitzHamon
16. Maud FitzRobert, m. Ranulph de Gernon, 2nd Earl of Chester
15. Hugh de Kevelioc, 3rd Earl of Chester, m. Bertrade de Montfort
14. Amicia de Meschin, m. Ralph de Mainwaring
13. Roger de Mainwaring, m. ----- -----
12. Roger de Mainwaring, m. ----- -----
11. Warin de Mainwaring , m. Agnes de Arderne
10. Maud Mainwaring, m. William Trussell (1-10)

Line 3.
15. Henry II, King of England, by mistress Ida de Toeni
14. William Longespee, 3rd Earl of Salisbury, m. Ela FitzPatrick, Countess of Salisbury
13. Ida Longespee, m. Sir William de Beauchamp
12. Beatrice de Beauchamp, m. Sir Thomas FitzOtes
11. Maud FitzThomas, m. Sir John de Botetourte
10. Ada de Botetourte, m. John de St. Philibert
9. Maud de St. Philibert, m. Sir Warin Trussell (1-9)

from

http://wiki.whitneygen.org/wrg/index.php/Alleged_Royal_Ancestry_of_...

The Whitney line I have is slightly different.

Robert Whitney and Constance Touche
Robert Whiney and Margaret Wye and 2nd husband James Basketville
Robert Whitney and Sybil Basketville
Robert Whitney,1543 and Elizabeth Guillims
Thomas Whitney and Mary Bray
John Whitney and Elinor Bray
John Whitney , came on The Eliz. and Ann, 1635, and Ruth Reynolds and 2nd wife Judah/Judith Clement, M. Sept 29, 1659
Benjamin WhitneyB . June 6, 1646, watertown, Mass. and Jane Poor,B Sept 29, 1647. Watertown , Mass. M. Nov. 14, 1659. Sherborn, Mass. Mary Poor.2nd wife.
Nathan Whitney 1680 and Sarah Ford, 1684
Nathan Whitney .1705/06 and Lydia Young , Oct 15, 1711
Elenzer Morton and Sarah Whitney

Sorry , mis type. Should read: Ebenezer Morton and sarah Whitney

The Whitney Research Group says, Robert Whitney 1543 "had no issue at time of death".
Do you know, where you extracted, your line, from?
Is there any documentation? (Would help A Lot... as there are many searching for years now, for the proper parentage of Sir Thomas.
It is undoubted... that he is related in this cluster somewhere. The question is how, exactly...

? )

I botched that... it´s the Robert after him ... Robert the Son of 1543, who had no issue, according to the WRG.

I thought, I´d better just pass on the links... before, I write anything anew... wrong! lol!

We can all be wrong on occasion!

Watertown. It just dawned on me that i have a connection with Watertown , more then Gene. My father use to work there .Plus one of my grandfather's brothers lived there. I only been their once many years ago. Now that there's another family connection I should go check the place out. Hunt down Whitney and Loubris. Not that far from me.

Sounds like a GREAT IDEA! Take pix!!! <3

When the weather gets better! Then I will hunt down there local library and town or city hall. Don't know if Watertown is a town or city! Plus cemeteries.

My camarea is always ready to go!

Watertown, MA is part of the extended Greater Boston Metropolitan Area - so it's a city within a megalopolis.

Mapquest isn't being too helpful, but the "Old Burying Ground" is supposed to be at Arlington & Mount Auburn, on the east side of Watertown (just before it starts being Cambridge, I think).

There are a bunch of links relating to it and other Middlesex County cemeteries here: http://www.massachusetts-genealogy.com/Middlesex-County-Cemetery-Re...

I lived in Boston, Cambridge, Allston-Brighton, Waltham, Arlington & worked in Waltham & Framingham. It's a bit of a hike from the North Shore, maybe 1/2,hour. Go for it Judy. The old town center of Watertown is a little industrial looking, the surrounding area is suburban, and there are some beautiful park areas.

Acturally , Marven it's a town , not a city. It is near Cambridge and Belmont. I could go there via Rt one , which would be faster but I hate the new bridge, or 128 , which is longer, or the back roads, which is what i will probably do.I don't need links. I'll just pull out a map and follow it.

Erica. I think it's about 1/2 an hours ride. from where I am in Saugus and probably about the same from next town over Wakefield. I can go the back roads via Malden, another town next to me. My father worked for manning Maxwell and Moore many years ago. It was a factory in the industrial area. I lot of people who worked there ended up with cancer. My father didn't but he was a timekeeper and bookkeeper. When I locate the townhall and or library I can then get directions to the cemertaries . But first I want to crawl around in there records before anything else.

A "First Settlers of Watertown" project is on my agenda - I just have to find an ancestor / cousin with an interesting story, and a good list, to get me motivated.

Judy: inside 128 there's not a lot of difference, and it can get quite hard to tell where the borders are. (Used to live in Malden.)

Not 128 isn't that much longer to go by. I go to Plymouth that way . to avoid the bridge. The old bridge was straight and much easier to get over. Not so bad coming back but heading south is a mess. 128 , although heavily traveled by semi trucks is better for me.Like I said going the back roads from saugus, via Lindin Sq, Malden . right straight though malden Sq and on into Woburn , Cambridge , Belmont area is much more pleasant a ride.

Showing 451-480 of 518 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion