Relation to famous people

Started by Private User on Tuesday, May 1, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 301-330 of 518 posts

Anne Frank, הי"ד is Monique Van Erkel-KÖHLER's great aunt's first cousin's husband's second great aunt's husband's nephew's wife's nephew's wife's second cousin's wife's husband's daughter

http://www.geni.com/path/Monique+Van+Erkel+K%C3%96HLER+is+related+t...

At first it was exciting to find that half the kings of England are my grandfathers but less so when you find that that also applies to 95% of the population. So the novelty wore off UNTIL I discovered that Sherlock Homes was my Great Great Uncle

Now that's cool.

No relation to Uncle Sherlock -- Bob's my uncle.

Llywelyn Fawr ap Iowerth, Prince of Wales is my 22nd great grandfather.

Karl Marx is my 39th cousin 21 times removed!

Karl Marx is my 39th cousin 19 times removed.

Bonnie Jean WHAT A COINCIDENCE. ....
Llywelyn ap Iowerth, Prince of Wales is your 22nd great grandfather.
We both have the same 22nd GGF. Nice to meet you cousin.

Llywelyn Fawr ap Iowerth, Prince of Wales is also my 22nd GGF. John Lackland my 21st GGF. I can't see the path anymore since giving up the Pro account - way too steep a price to pay on my fixed income. If another "special" comes up, I'll take advantage of that..

The Prophet, Muhammed (blessed be his name) is my 35th GGF. Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH)

Karl Marx is my 7th cousin 5 times removed.

Bonnie Jean Munce (Carlson) your my 13th cousin once removed. Hiya Cuz!

Interesting.. Prophet Muhammad of Islam (PBUH) is my 34th great grandfather. And I dont have any muslims in my family and I come from british/german roots how did that happen?

Answer in short Cynthia,
To answer Biblicaly, Noahs (of Noahs Ark) many wives were of different ethnicity and bore him children, which multiplied to create the Nations of the Earth.
You will always have those that will ask for Proof, yet here we are.
By the way, you and I are 16th Cousins, 1x removed, so I say hello to you Cousin.

Hi Cousin Christopher Lee :)

Descendants of the Prophet, I figured it out, sorta.

The Moors were in Spain for 700 years. They intermarried with the Spanish nobility. In turn, the Spanish nobility intermarried with that of all Europe. In my case, a daughter of Castille married into the House of York.

So, it makes sense.

Llywelyn ap Lowerth, Prince pf Wales is my 5th great aunt's 14th great grandfather. The Southard, van Salee, Lewis lines connect me with the Presidents except for the Bushes which is through the Brunner, Deschant lines.

Isabella of Castile is my 18th g.grandmother!

Nice meeting you too Ann. Have a Great Day on Geni.com !!!
You too Cynthia !!!

Isabella of Castile, Duchess consort of York is my 19th great grandmother.

thanks Bonnie Jean!

@ Sherlock Holmes is my Great Great Uncle !!!!!

If Sherlock holmes is your GG Uncle then you my friend should be super good at putting the puzzle in your tree togeather!! :)

Please tell me how that is even possible? Sherlock Holmes isn't even a real person.

Feeding off of Elizabeth to answer Cynthia's question, Mohammed is my 35th great grandfather. I refuse to call him a prophet because he was fed lies by the devil. There's a difference between being a prophet and being fed lies. That being said (sorry to spill that out) if I remember correctly, his daughter (maybe granddaughter) married a Spanish man, and that is how the line starts from there.

Thank you Matthew :)

The Prophet, Muhammed.

I didn't want to get into the politics of Islam. It was just the most amazing thing I found out about myself on geni.

I am also a lineal descendant of William the Conquerer, Henry I, Henry II, Henry III and Henry VII of England.

And then there are two I am proud of; Lady Godiva and Boudicca of the Iceni (who whooped a Roman legion in Britianna in 30 AD).

Cynthia,

One possibility on your "relationship" to Mohammed is that someone did some unusually crummy work that was nonetheless allowed to stand because correcting it would cause a truly MASSIVE tree split. See the profile on Dardanus, king of Dardania for a ghastly example. Geni.com normally likes to avoid ALL tree splits, but if the people on one side of the split are Christians and the people on the other side are Islamic, both sides probably would prefer to be related to God Almighty rather than, let's say, Zeus or his ancestor, the Void. Things would become even more complicated if the Jewish people got involved and told ALL the goyim on both sides to stay away from THEIR deity. What somebody probably decided was that the simplest way to avoid theological discussions was simply to say that ALL tree splits are bad.

Terry

@Brian paul Troy

"@ Sherlock Holmes is my Great Great Uncle !!!!!"

That's hysterical! My feelings regarding Geni exactly!!!

I have found quite a few myself, through seeing other people (usually you who are my cousins) having done Geni searchs yourselves..thus giving me the idea to look them up myself and finding yet "another famous" person with whom I'm related to. Just recently..after having watched the "Hatfields and McCoys" (w/Kevin Costner) on the history channel...I thought I would give it a shot!! Well..DANG!! I got a HIT on ANSE HATFIELD!!..No McCOY though.I get a rush every time and have to brag on Facebook about it!! :-) My question is...at what point does the COUSIN connection become so diluted (so to speak) that any DNA wouldn't be possible to detect fom the bloodlines..Or..if I'm not wording that right..you know what I mean. Thanks! This is a great question Matt!

Showing 301-330 of 518 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion