Started by Robin Lent on Wednesday, March 21, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 45 posts
3/21/2012 at 1:04 PM

Hatte Blejer, Victar et all

this is a list of Notables that have not been added, I can add to the first page, but they do not show up on the second page that has the "total list."

Art Spiegelman

Selig Starr

Harold Brown, 14th US Secretary of Defense

Barthold Fles

Adolph Zukor (Paramount Pictures)

David Sarnoff

Jeffrey Katzenberg

Harry Cohn

William Fox
http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=9792883

Barry Diller

Diane von Furstenberg

William Paley

Norman Cantor
Canadian-American

Howard Zinn

David Gelernter

Richard Karp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Karp

Solomon Kullback
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solomon_Kullback

Paul "Pesach" Baran
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Baran

Marvin Minsky

Roy Bernard Sparkia

Renee Sparkia-Brown (Nemerov)

Allan Arbus

Doon Arbus

Amy Arbus

Clement Greenberg

3/21/2012 at 4:07 PM
3/21/2012 at 4:22 PM
3/21/2012 at 7:09 PM

I have a very busy schedule this week, but never fear, I will get to this, it just may not be until Friday or the weekend.

3/22/2012 at 9:56 AM

let me know if I can help with something...thanks

3/26/2012 at 2:02 PM

Hatte Blejer, Victar et all

many of the additional names were added after I sent an e-mail asking the profile manager if they would consider making the profile public, so that it could be added to the Notable American Jews project.

please let me know if I can add the profiles (instructions)...or if something is wrong with the profiles

Benny Friedman

3/26/2012 at 4:27 PM

I'll have some time tonight.

3/29/2012 at 10:26 AM

I was kidnapped by Malka and Randy to work on sub projects about the Holocaust in Lithuania :) And am working fulltime at work as well :(

3/29/2012 at 10:46 AM

no problem. I use to teach the Holocaust, and my family was involved in starting the Holocaust Museum in Houston...let me know if I can help

3/29/2012 at 10:50 AM

Robin Lent I'm sure that you can help. You might take a look and tell us where you could help most. Randy and Malka have the bulk of the work :)

3/29/2012 at 11:24 PM

Robin Lent - try adding public profiles to the project (or MPs). The rules have changed recently according to Geni staff. If you are a member of the project (a collaborator) and if you can edit the project, you can add it to the project.

Let me know what happens.

3/30/2012 at 8:07 AM

Robin Lent Off subject, but is your husband related to the Lent's of Oregon?

3/30/2012 at 8:10 AM

Eldon - I was thinking the same thing yesterday but those Lents are not Jewish :) But it would be very cool if they were related.

3/30/2012 at 10:19 AM

Hatte, I was wondering why you hadn't asked. You got me working on the Oregon Lent's again. Found the founder of McMinnville Oregon and others.

3/30/2012 at 4:53 PM

My husband is not Jewish, his Lent's are from the east coast , Rhode Island?, and Ohio.

Although, as we are all learning, eventually we all will be connected.

3/30/2012 at 5:03 PM

Hatte, I added Art Spiegelman, to the first page. It does not come up on the second page that has the total number of profiles to the project. There is no pull down menu on that page.

3/31/2012 at 5:43 PM

You're correct Robin. Art Spiegelman was not in the project.

Go to one of the public profiles you listed above and on the ACTIONS on the profile, pull down the menu and if there is an Add to Project click on it. Don't do it from the project, do it from the profile you want to add and let me know what happens. Kevin Lawrence Hanit and Private User, did you see Michelle's comments. She said if the person had rights to edit the profile AND if they were a collaborator in the project, then they could add profiles to the project under the new release.

3/31/2012 at 5:44 PM

I added Art Spiegelman by the way :)

3/31/2012 at 6:23 PM

Unable to add all profiles to project.

should say "add any"

using the drop down window

"add profile(s)"

just not working for me

3/31/2012 at 6:24 PM

when I go to the profile page, the drop down does not have the add to project option. option

3/31/2012 at 6:29 PM

Okay, thanks Robin. I'll discuss with the Geni staff who said anyone who could edit profiles could add them, since that is not correct.

3/31/2012 at 6:32 PM

I have edited most of the profiles on the list

3/31/2012 at 6:35 PM

this is the pull down menu from the profiles

Send a Gift in Memory
Manager Options
Export GEDCOM
Merge This Profile
View Nearby Merge Issues

3/31/2012 at 6:41 PM

Robin Lent Off subject again but Oliver Perry Lent is from Marietta, Washington, Ohio

3/31/2012 at 6:51 PM

I haven't worked on the Lent's in months,

Dr.William Lent from Houston, is not on my tree, but is a friend and my Dr.

His family goes way back in Ohio, they were farmers, I will go through my notes....my biggest problem is switching back and forth...from branch to branch...I can do % in my head...but it's hard to wrap it around some of these trees...

3/31/2012 at 6:51 PM

I can add profiles that I manage...

3/31/2012 at 7:16 PM

I really hope there is a connection,Going from a POW from Oregon all the way back to New England would be great.

3/31/2012 at 7:20 PM

Robin Lent added Abraham Cohen LaBatt, Max Reiter, Lois Isabel Oppenheimer (Goldsmith), Godcheaux Levi and 1 other, and Mayor Halff « less to the Notable American Jews project. 39 minutes ago

So do you manage all these?

Showing 1-30 of 45 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion