Jean-Marie Loret (Lobjoie) - Burden of proof

Started by Olav Linno Poëll on Sunday, February 19, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 9 posts
2/19/2012 at 6:32 AM

Do curators agree that here is enough evidence to treat it as a confirmed connection? A Belgian, Jean-Paul Mulder, said in as late as 2008 that the DNA profiles investigated in these cases were significantly different. Sure, the story is probably newsworthy, but does that also make it a true story? I'd argue that this connection has yet to be proven.

---

Le Point on Jean-Marie Loret

2012-02-17 : EXCLUSIF LE POINT.FR. Le fils français caché d'Adolf Hitler
http://www.lepoint.fr/societe/exclusif-le-fils-francais-cache-d-ado...

2008-04-24 : Hitler had geen joods bloed en geen Franse zoon
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/961/Wetenschap/article/detail/255073/2008/...

2/19/2012 at 11:32 AM

In my experience, I have found Le Point to be accurate, sometimes sensational, but a publication that scoops the others!

2/19/2012 at 12:58 PM

Well, this 'scoop' is surely bouncing around, gaining a truckload of reactions and rewrites in various media/countries right now—of that I'm certain! Though I'll remain a healthy sceptic a while longer :)

Private User
4/30/2016 at 7:35 AM

After four years, there is still no serious evidence for this claim, and the historical and genetic genealogy communities have dismissed it. I really don't think this profile should remain connected to Adolf Hitler. Can we cut it and add him to our Imposters project?

4/30/2016 at 2:51 PM

A study by the University of Heidelberg reportedly shows that Hitler and Loret have the same blood group. Another study showed that their handwritings are similar

Imposter project ,, i got few to add starting with
Saxe-Coburg Gotha and Windsor (1917)

Private User
4/30/2016 at 6:13 PM

Well I hope this isn't true, as I have ancestors from France, surname Loret..Mind you it could be a common name I suppose.

Private User
4/30/2016 at 6:14 PM

Incidentally, what are their blood groups?

Private User
4/30/2016 at 11:56 PM

All humans fall into four blood groups, meaning that being in the same blood group is nothing remarkable at all. (All of us in this thread could be in the same group.) The type of graphology used in that study is considered a pseudoscience, which is one of the reasons that study has been so widely dismissed.

I'm going to cut the connection for now. I respect all of our collaborators x but it seems silly to continue propagating this tale with no concrete evidence. If the rest of the historical and genealogical community does not accept this man's claim, we shouldn't be promoting it as fact either.

5/1/2016 at 6:41 AM

Dear Ashley did you try to get information about the University of Heidelberg?

i am not a pro hitler thing ..but loret seem to be a credible thing
and the fact his father is adolf hitler its only a name he never spoke with or get a paternal assistance so its only genealogy from blood to blood

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion