Technical difficulties?

Started by Private User on Thursday, February 16, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

This discussion has been closed by an administrator.
Showing 301-330 of 1546 posts

Customer Service Will you please contact me privately.

Alex Moes I had no trouble starting a discussion in the collaborator pool project, using IE 8. It's possible the problem you were having was related to difficulties we were experiencing on our servers at that time, which is why I was out of bed at 3am. :-) Do you want to try it again and let me know?

Glad to hear it, Eldon!

One of the places I use public computers has updated their browsers. Now I can no longer "Save" changes to the Filter settings on my Home Page. Have tried both IE9 and Firefox 10.0.5. Can click on "Filter", get drop-down menu, can click on check and have it disappear - when click on "Save", nothing happens. Anybody else having this trouble?

(If you think this is due to a Computer setting -please give me a clue what to say/ask the folks at the institution here.)

WTFluff does this mean?
"Imre Szapolyay, Palatine has been submitted for authorization to be added to the project."
Why can't i add a profile to a project that i am collaborating on?

Alex, are you also able to edit the profile? If not, then what happened is a request was sent to the managers of that profile, asking to add it to your project.

Is it one of our Ban's Alex?

Alex, I added him to the project Imre Szapolyai - Zápolya, Palatine

Alex......Didn't you receive the tech bulletin from CS about the new procedure to obtain authorization so you can edit and add profiles to projects ....If you don't have the Bulletin # I will be happy to get it for you :)

I know Mike there are no Tech Bulletins mentioned anywhere in the TOS ....
(IT'S A JOKE .....ttfn)

Alex Moes is Imre Szapolyay, Palatine's second great niece's husband's wife's 12th great niece's husband's third cousin twice removed.

And yet i still can't add him to a project ;)
I was under the impression that any public profile could be added to any project. Imre is not an MP so why the difference?

The reasoning behind this, is that it would become a back door for getting (full) edit permissions on a profile. Project collaborators get full edit permissions on any profile added to the project, therefore we can only allow someone who already has edit permission, to add it.

Deletion due to typo..

Private User

It would be appreciated if when getting a copy of the Tech Bulletin for Alex, if you could forward to me as well.

Many thanks

Thanks Mike, that makes perfect sense.

Jadra, It seems there is a ban on me adding some of the Bans to the Ban project :)

Mike Stangel
As Imre died about 500 years ago he is definitely a public profile, as i said he is not an MP so what stops me as a PRO from creating a duplicate, merging and then adding to the project?

Or am i the only devious mind around here?

Alex, that's why I was cautious to qualify my statement with "full" edit permission -- Pro users can edit just the basics on any public profile, in fact the ones that we have under full revision control. "Full" edit permission -- the other tabs when you click Edit Profile -- require that you be a manager or collaborating with a manager.

Sorry, I explained myself without fully comprehending what you were asking. You could do that, but I hope you won't. :-)

A more nuanced explanation of what I wrote above... it's about balancing convenience of features, accountability and effort. As the system is now, we don't really have much of a problem with people merging with malintent -- the effort to detect and reverse such behavior is pretty well-balanced against the effort that it would take to vandalize a bunch of profiles using the mechanisms you've described.

Mike Stangel ... right now, getting LONG delays waiting for ajax.googleapis.com.

... of course, by the time the forum came up that I could post, delays are gone :-( .... but they were happening for about 15-30 minutes prior.

Are you using any kind of ad blocker?

I have ghostery, but it should be disabled on geni.com
... maybe I should disable it for the googleapis.com as well ....

That's the advice I was reading, that prompted the question...

Back to location api's and location lookup:

View a married person's Timeline.
Click on the Marriage Event
Edit that event.
... the location lookup does not seem to be working on that interface.

Thanks, we'll check it out.

Downloading 'stories' on the Home page.
All of a sudden I have to scroll down to read these stories.
Where they used to appear is now a white space.
I hope it doesn't stay like this...

Hi Mike...What does the G next to your name stand for?

Suzanne Angele Bouchard That means he works for Geni.
Dan Cornett I am looking into your issue.

Private User Can you please provide me a link to a screenshot so I can debug. Thanks!

Showing 301-330 of 1546 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion