Maud Mortimer (de Mortimer) - Is Maud a daughter of Ralph and Gwladys Ddu?

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Monday, February 6, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
2/6/2012 at 3:48 PM

According to Medlands the children of Ralph de Mortimer and Gwladys Ddu were:
Roger, Peter, John, Joan, and Hugh.
No mention of Maud
Do any of the managers or Curator Erin Ishimoticha have any sources to support her holding this position in the tree?

2/8/2012 at 8:37 AM

Terry, I don't know. Ralph de Mortimer sounds familiar, but Gwladys Ddu does not. I don't recognize that name from my work in this tree. Perhaps her father was another Ralph de Mortimer? I cannot find the name of William's wife on FMG at all. His entry is here: http://fmg.ac/Projects/MedLands/ENGLISHNOBILITYMEDIEVAL3T-Z.htm#_To... (2d). I have just corrected his mother, as FMG says he is Roger's son by an unknown mistress.

2/8/2012 at 11:54 AM

Erin Ishimoticha, Gwladys Ddu is not a problem she is in Medlands as daughter of Llewellyn ap Iowerth and an unknown mistress and widow of Reginald de Braouse. The problem is Maud. She does not seem to be a daugther of Gwladys and Ralph de Mortimer nor wife of William de la Zouche. Do you agree?

2/8/2012 at 4:28 PM

There does seem to be some evidence that he married a Mortimer--his lines become the Lords la Zouche de Mortimer. I agree Maud doesn't belong with Ralph and Gwladys. We should disconnect her parents but leave her married to William.

Private User
2/8/2012 at 6:09 PM

I think I've seen that name in my line too. I am connected up with the La Zouche family, that much I do know. Alan la Zouche is one of them.

2/9/2012 at 8:46 AM

hah, my 20th great grandmother. I wonder if this is from the Tudor Place site?

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion