Too many partners & children?

Started by Dan Cornett on Friday, January 20, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• By AlexD. By AlexD. Licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported. https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/ Via Wikimedia Commons at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welsh_heraldry#/media/File:Coat_of_arms_of_Deheubarth.svg
  • Geni member
Showing all 8 posts
1/20/2012 at 6:44 AM

I just happened to be dealing with a somewhat distant relative (a profile I "inherited") of this Rhys ap Gruffydd, and at first glance the information in the "About" is rather different from the actual partners and children which currently are connected.

Maybe someone more familiar (than I currently am) with this clan could re-sort these out?
(e.g. Jason Scott Wills)

1/20/2012 at 6:51 AM

yes the welsh lines are a real mess at the moment and it is very difficult trying to sort them out i woud appreciate any help you can give as its a complicated area

1/20/2012 at 7:31 AM

fixing it now looks like he was merged with his son Rhys Gryg which is why its so messed up, looking alot better now

1/20/2012 at 9:20 AM

Agreed Jason, We really need to find users familiar with the Welsh trees to organsise some of the messes. It would have been nice to arrange with Geni to have a St David's day focus (1st March) but for this year that would be unrealistic. Maybe next year.
Jason, We really need to find users familiar with the Welsh trees to organsise some of the messes. It would have been nice to arrange with Geni to have a St David's day focus (1st March) but for this year that would be unrealistic. Maybe next year.

@Dan Cornett, it would be great if you were able to help us out here. There is one project already:
http://www.geni.com/projects/Early-Welsh-ancestry

Private User
1/20/2012 at 9:20 AM

I will have a look to if I can help our paths seem to cross a lot of times anyway :)

1/20/2012 at 9:52 AM

I have several lines of my family that go into the Welsh tree. I found that starting a project on a specific family and gathering sources such as Visitations was helpful to cleaning up and documenting that line. I agree, they are a mess. It's wonderful that many of us are enamored of Welsh history, which is why we get lots of volunteers working on these early Medieval Welsh families, but the historical novels about Wales are not always 100% factual in their genealogies.

1/20/2012 at 12:50 PM

Aw, you mean I can't beleive everything Sharon Penman writes?

1/20/2012 at 1:00 PM

I got looking at this area because of a data conflict which recently showed up with: N.N. , which is rather off to the side of things:

"Unknown Rhys (NN) is Rhys ap Gruffydd's great grandson's wife."

Clearing that up that simple data conflict led me to looking at the "bush" to which it was connected... It didn't "look good", so I started looking for some "About" info, which led to this seemingly key profile which was obviously inconsistent with the connections I saw. Hence starting this conversation.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion