Cheney, Woodville (Widville, Wydville) connections

Started by Roger Jacobs on Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 31-60 of 72 posts

Sir Richard de Cheney is my 11th cousin 16 times removed.

Through my grandmother Martha Merritt, Katherine Wydeville is my 16th great aunt and John Cheney is my third cousin 16xR.

Sir Richard de Cheney is my 18th ggrandfather.

Katherine Wydeville, Duchess of Buckingham is my fourth cousin 19 times removed.

Elizabeth Woodville Queen Consort of England is my 14th ggrandmother

Katherine Woodville Duchess of Buckingham is my 16th great grandmother on my mothers side and my fathers side. :D

Katherine Wydeville, Duchess of Buckingham is my 15th great grandmother.

John Cheney is my 12th cousin 18 times removed

Geni says Sir Richard Cheney is my 3rd Cousin 19XR, Elizabeth Woodville/ Wydeville is my 15th Great Aunt.

Geni states that he is your 16th great grandfather for me.

Sir Richard de Cheney that is

Sir Richard de Cheney 6th Cousin, 11x removed

Sir Richard de Cheney is my 16th great grandfather.

I would still like to see a clear picture as to the Y-DNA of all these direct decendants of the Kings of Europe, Troy, Rome, Byzantium and Jerusalem.

This could easily be done with some intelligent cooperation.

Deleted my 2nd reply. Forgot I had replied earlier. And about the Y-DNA, I'm game.

Sir Richard de Cheney is your 18th great grandfather.

According to Geni, Sir Richard de Cheney is my 18th Great Grandfather! I am also willing to cooperate with all DNA testing! According to Family Tree DNA, my deep clade Y-DNA test results indicate that I am R-L21. I am also involved with FTDNA's Family Finder with some very interesting results!

According to Geni, both Queen Consort of England Elizabeth Woodville and Dutchess of Buckingham Katherine Wydeville are my 3rd cousins 16 times removed.

Oops! I guess I failed to answer the original question but yes, according to Geni, I'm related to all four individuals through both of my parents.

Elizabeth Woodville (Wydeville), Queen consort of England is my 11th cousin 14 times removed

Sir Richard de Cheney is my 13th cousin 14 times removed.

Elizabeth Woodville (Wydeville) is my 11th cousin 14 times removed.

John Cheney is my 15th cousin 12 times removed.

John Cheney my 15th cousin 12 times removed.

I'm trying to put a list of ancestors that my mom had been compiling before her death in 2008. I'm new at this. She had all the documentation and trees in a database on her computer. All was lost while my father was in a hurry to move on. I did find the list. Cheney is on her list, but ended with Richard.. My mom has other lines up to king Edward II - I know I've seen post that no one in USA can be traced. You mentioned DNA (I know what it is) but how exactly does it prove or disprove? If I go by her list this would be my dads 10 generation & on another line king edward is 21@ great grandparents

The best advice I can give you is to start with yourself (and any siblings) and your parents, and work backward as far as you can. The US Censuses are a surprising amount of help in this, back to 1850 - beyond that it gets harder.

Since the Cheneys ARE relatives of Former VP Dick Cheney (it's been confirmed), they come under more than usual suspicion and require more cross-checking than usual. I wouldn't put it past Tricky Dick to make exorbitant claims for his ancestry that...may not be in strict accordance with the truth.

Regarding DNA, it's of limited use. MtDNA can only track female-to-female lines, Y-DNA can only track male-to-male lines, and both of them depend *very* heavily on volunteers, documentation, and the relative rarity of the haplotype. Autosomal DNA won't tell you much past three to five generations - the "signal to noise ratio" gets too garbled.

Due to family circumstances (not connected with the lines under discussion), I was able to confirm that my direct-line male ancestry was not only German, but from a particular area in Germany. However, that still didn't identify exactly which residents were my direct ancestors, because of missing documentation links.

Katherine Wydeville, Duchess of Buckingham is my, (c)'s 16th great grandmother!

John Cheney is my third cousin 14 times removed.

Sir Richard de Cheney is my 16th great grandfather.

Elizabeth Woodville (Wydeville), Queen consort of England is my 17th great aunt!

Showing 31-60 of 72 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion