How is Lord John de Dutton Richard's father?

Started by Richard Howe Jr. on Friday, December 9, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 12 posts
12/9/2011 at 9:58 PM

How can John Dutton, of Button be Unknown Profile 's father when it says that Lord John was buried in Cheshire in 1445 (in events), 9 years before Richard was born in Chester? Ancient sperm bank?

Private User
12/10/2011 at 12:21 AM

Well, Ancient sperm bank is a common case from years ago and today. when someone donate sperm on hislife, he become royal and majesty family.

12/10/2011 at 3:39 AM

What is this, I dont even. Let me list a couple of things here: problems in historical source criticism, contradictory sources, and ... medical history.

Check'em out.

Other than that, it might just as well be a typo.

You guys for real? :)

12/10/2011 at 12:22 PM

John Dutton's Profile has been Miss-Merged.

Richard Dutton would be the son of John Dutton & Margaret Atherton.

John Dutton was the son of Hugh Dutton & Petronilla

The Profiles will be straightened out shortly and references will be placed about each.

12/10/2011 at 1:09 PM

OK, just curious - was this issue known for a long time? Are there many issues of this kind buried in trees?

12/10/2011 at 3:14 PM

I don't know if this particular issue has been like this long, but it does happen that Profiles do get miss merged when people have entered Profiles that have different/wrong connections.

I think John was miss-merged because the dau. Ellen had been miss-merge.
Both John Dutton's had dau's named Ellen, and now Ellen has a husband that belonged to the other Ellen.

There may be many that go un-seen for a time but eventually someone notices that something is peculiar and starts a 'Discussion' or contacts a Manager or Curator.

12/10/2011 at 3:43 PM

Do you mind if people go the discussion route for something like this? I posed the question with no particular sense of urgency, but wanted to leave the note for someone to find down the road, rather than bombing a curator's inbox. Thanks.

12/10/2011 at 8:29 PM

If I am the Curator then I would personally like to receive a message about it. I can't say what other Curators would prefer.

Just a suggestion, but if the Profile happens to be a ancestor of yours or relates to you somehow, and you find you can take a little time, gather some reference material and pass it on to the Manager, Curator or post it on the 'Discussion'. I'm sure it would be very appreciated and would be listed on the Profile, especially if there is no information posted.

You most likely can find several references by 'Google'-ing the name & date. Google - Books lets you Preview several pages of reference Books which may have info, www.archive.org lets you view all the book because they are all out of copyright, peerage.com, Our Royal, Titled, Noble, and Commoner Ancestors & Cousins.com, Tudorplace.com, if something is listed for the Name at these sites, your browser will bring up a link.

12/11/2011 at 7:32 AM

I touched a branch of the Duttons sometime ago and have a vague memory of them but a later branch. What about Richard Dutton and Sir Richard de Dutton who I found when looking for your Richard Dutton?

Private User
12/11/2011 at 9:10 AM

I will second what Carole said. If I am the lead manager or the curator, I prefer a message to discussion. I give priority to messages over discussions, and you will get a speedier response from me. There are so many new discussions started every day, I may miss the one about an error in a profile.

Discussion is great when the profile is part of a project. Then anyone working on the project, people who are interested in those profiles in the project, can jump in and help resolve the problem.

I would love to see more people posting data on the overview tab for profiles. It helps so much!

12/11/2011 at 10:48 AM

Re: You would love people posting data to the Overview tab in Profiles, can you please provide links to profiles showing what you like to see?

12/11/2011 at 11:24 AM

Lord John de Dutton, Sir Richard de Dutton, that are already posted here, and some of their connections are examples of what can be found as reference on the Internet.

Showing all 12 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion